Photo

PowerPlay Auctions Schill Bidding?

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#101 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

sometimes you'll find appreciate if another sucker overpays for something.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#102 Puckhoggy

Puckhoggy

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:46 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-WARRIOR-PRO-STOCK-FEDOTENKO-FRANCHISE-HOCKEY-GLOVES-13-4-ROLL-/260947089115?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc1a896db#ht_772wt_1270

holy christ...

Damn they know how to sell.

#103 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

Damn they know how to sell.

They know how to cheat

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#104 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

Check out his feedback, looks like they refuse to ship items that were won at a decent deal

#105 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

One guy got a Rangers bucket for $50 and they never shipped. Just wow.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#106 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

So after reading threads like these about the same guy, I decided to shoot his message pretty much accusing him of schill bidding and calling him gutless for doing so.

This was his response:

No, gutless is making unsubstantiated allegations over the internet. I do not "schill bid" my auctions. There have been over 445 hits on this item with 60 watchers. I ship worldwide, with much of my gear going to the Russian Federation and Ukraine.With the Winter Classic and HBO's 24/7 series interest is probably at an all time high for Rangers gear. Surprise, the selling prices for gloves and other gear has gone up. All my auctions are started at very reasonable prices, most at 99 cents. Why? because it attracts interest and early bidders. The market dictates the final value, not me. If you have an issue, please report it to Ebay. I have nothing to hide

#107 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Well they sure get a lot of "early bidders". You'd think these "early bidders" would be smart enough not to raise the price of the item by early bidding if they really wanted the item and at a good price.

#108 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

The selling prices for gloves and other gear has gone up mainly because of guys like him, t-shirt junkie, and dharris. I hope he's at least smart enough to figure that out.

#3k gsdhead.gif

#109 1117

• LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

I have no idea if this guy is schill bidding or not, but one thing he (powerplayauctions) is right about is that he does ship worldwide and is one of few sellers in the US/Canada that does that and has a regular supply of gear.

For someone like me living in Europe its pretty difficult to get hold of pro stock gear (and getting people to ship at reasonable rates) so I would imagine that that could account for some of the high prices. Although I agree that some of the recent prices are off the charts.

Maybe its the KHL guys buying NHL gear from him and using it :)

#110 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Yes that is true but it still doesn't explain them refusing to ship the items that sold for reasonable prices.

#111 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

I'll tell you what, I ship worldwide too and have never had bidding patterns like his. Funny there has been ZERO bids on the Fedetenko gloves in the last 24 hours, that is not normal with any auction.

And yes Kidcoyote for him to refuse to ship the reasonably priced stuff is also another red flag.

#112 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Yes that is true but it still doesn't explain them refusing to ship the items that sold for reasonable prices.

what?
If you win a item and the selling price is low, they will refuse to ship it?
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#113 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

In their feedback they apparently didn't ship a NYR bucket that was won for $50.

#114 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

I found 3 similiar cases in their feedback

#115 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

The same guy bought those Boyle X60s for $180 that were trashed AND the Gaborik Eastons for $305 and apparently never received either pair. Poor guy.

#3k gsdhead.gif

#116 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

More than a day left in the Fedetenkos and no additonal bids...hmm..you figured there'd be last minute bid to win such a high priced item yes?

#117 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Wow is this a first?
http://www.ebay.com/...=item43ad1d1e01

... oh wait they might not even ship them.

#118 Its Mike

Its Mike
  • Location732 Jersey

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I think they already didn't ship those gloves once when they sold for like 105.

#119 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Ya those Eminger gloves will probably not ship

#120 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

I read up further on their feedback, here is what I've discovered:

1. They don't leave feedback for buyers (my biggest pet peeve).

2. They do not combine shipping, one guy bought several items and paid individual shipping, they were all shipped in one box.

3. They tend to not send out paid merchandise on what seems to be reasonably priced items. All ended with PayPal disputes.

4. They do not respond to any questions you will send.

5. People have received broken or soiled items, with no replacements given.

6. Despite the item arriving very fast,one buyer was apparently forced to pay an overpriced shipping option.

How they are still in business, I'm not sure. I have to imagine that any more negative feedback and eBay will suspend their account.

These are all facts, and would you deal with anyone on here with this type of feedback? Probably not.