Photo

Franchise Size Comparison - Pics?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Diesel8810

Diesel8810
  • LocationHockessin, Delaware

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

I am planing on ordering a pair of custom Franchise (can't seem to find any Pro Stock that work).. Since several of you have multiple pairs, I was just wondering if anyone has any pics of 13" and 14" next to each other... I have bought (and subsequently sold) a pair of retail Franchise but wasn't impressed with the product for $200+... After using the retail 14" for a few games I felt that they are just a bit too long especially in the inside wrist area (Palm side)of cuff... I am afraid that if I go with 13" they will be too short and overall too small (I am 6' 225)... I am currently using Eagle X88's and the glove just seems to fit better especially with the inside wrist cuff length... Should I go with 14" and ask Warrior to shorten the parts of the cuff that bug me (I hear "Joe" is the man to talk to)? I already bought PPF's and hated the full MSH2 palms and fit. Now I just have made the decision to try custom or Pro Stock Franchise... Anyone have comparo pics or any input? I'm new to this forum and so far everyone has been very helpful. Thanks guys.

Always looking for Pro Stock P91a RH 87ish Flex Grip Bauer Sticks.

#2 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

you could look into the 14" with a shortened cuff such as the hossa/sarard type

#3 Buffalo boy

Buffalo boy
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

Sent you a PM. Hope it helps. Feel free to msg me back with any questions and welcome to Sports 2K
Go Sabres!

#4 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

If a 14" hossa cuff still doesn't work have you ever sonsideted a 13" with extended fingers? They can easily do that and that's give you the extra length in the fingers but shorten up everything else you want. Or even consider ordering a 13.5"?

#5 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

did you get the pics that you need? I have a pair of 14 inch Strokers and plenty of 13 inch Franchise if you still need pics.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#6 larrivee

larrivee

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Of my Franchises (and Luxes)- the only difference between 13" and 14" is finger length. Length and width of the backroll section is the same.

13" Franchise- Gary Roberts (twist cuff)
13" Luxe- Steve Downie

14" Franchise- Stock Thrashers (short cuff)
14" Luxe- My specs (short cuff)

Member Number 30

#7 Buffalo boy

Buffalo boy
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

I shot Deisel a bunch of Franchise pics fellas. Just an FYI
Go Sabres!

#8 Diesel8810

Diesel8810
  • LocationHockessin, Delaware

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Guys... Buffalo Boy got me what I needed... Placing order in the next day or so... Will post pics when they come in..

Always looking for Pro Stock P91a RH 87ish Flex Grip Bauer Sticks.

#9 easttide

easttide

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:59 AM

If you go with a 13" with 1/4" finger extensions they will make you a 14" glove with a shorter cuff. I'm 5'9 with XL hands and have been pretty happy with my two pairs of 14's with finger extensions- one with the blooming cuff and one with the Hossa cuff. The Hossa cuff is really short and reminds me of old Eastons, which I really like.

One pair is labeled 14, the other 15 but they are both exactly the same.

I noticed the same thing about the excess room on the palm (where the hand meets the wrist). I thought it was weird but it doesn't bother me in the least bit. I think if it was shorter it would interfere with the grip of the stick?

Good luck!

p.s- I love the classic material. Way more durable than TT

#10 Watchgreat

Watchgreat

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Is 13.5 an option on custom warriors?

#11 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Cant go wrong with leather

#12 savemefromtears

savemefromtears
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

Is 13.5 an option on custom warriors?

No, but you can do:
1) 13" or 14"
2) Wide or Narrow
3) up to -.5" on the finger length

#13 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

I've also had this question. Would someone be able to post the pics he sent to Diesel? I'd be most appreciative.