Photo

Paypal Dispute

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Akins

Akins

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Sold something on ebay and shipped it through UPS. UPS made 3 attempts to drop it off and there was no pick up. The buyer didnt make arrangements to pick it up and now the item is being shipped back to me and a fee applies. I gave him his money back in the mean time until paypal rules but I have all documentation and this guy is losing his mind and has filed a fraud charge with the RCMP? Little overboard for $40 pants especially when I have all documentation showing he never opened his door when UPS came.

What should I do?

#2 Brian

Brian

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

I think you just explain to them exactly what happened. Hopefully you don't lose out on anything.

I had a similar, yet different, experience. I sold a pair of pants to a guy via ebay. The day before they were set to arrive, he filed a paypal dispute saying it was an "unauthorized transaction". The pants ended up being delivered, so I simply gave that info to paypal and they eventually denied his claim.

So, I guess just explain what happened honestly and go from there.

#3 Akins

Akins

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thanks Brian. With the pants on the way back to me now but a $20 fee coming into play will paypal most likely make him pay for that?

#4 Brian

Brian

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'm not sure how that would work, to be honest.

I guess just email them and explain the situation and see what they say.
I don't see how YOU should be responsible for a fee like that, but I don't know. Crazy things that don't make sense happen all the time.

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

I dont think the RCMP will get involved for 40$.
If you refunded him, there is no fraud.

I would contact Paypal or open up a claim if the buyer is not responsive.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

had a brainfart like that on a 8k helmet. ups dude showed up at the wrong adress and guy next door ended up signing for it and took it for himslef the bastard. eventually got it all sorted out but those things usually never happen

#7 1stOverall

1stOverall

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Dont worry about it you'll be fine the RCMP probably laughed at the guy when he tried to file the complaint.