Photo

Pro stock gear in Vancouver?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dmare13

dmare13
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hey guys, not sure if this is in the right section or not, but I'm looking for shops that have a good pro stock selection in Vancouver!

I'll be here for a couple more days, with lots of time to explore, so might as well look for some pro stock stuff.

If you have any place, or any good thoughts about where, let me know!

Thanks
Always looking for some Nasty Toe Curves in a Righty

#2 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

The sports exchange on burrard usually has sticks but it is hit and miss

#3 - M

- M

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Canucks "Pro Shop" (I use that term pretty loosely) on Hastings/Renfrew sells used Canucks gear.  It's nice to go in to have a look but the majority of the gear there is beat, outdated or overpriced.  You might be able to snag a deal here and there but those opportunities are rare.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#4 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

hey guys im going to be making a trip to the Vancouver area, are there any more stores in the surrounding areas? maybe play it agains?

IG: Fooj Media

#5 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Canucks pro shop does not have much these days as they are holding stuff back for end of season sale

#6 - M

- M

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Canucks pro shop does not have much these days as they are holding stuff back for end of season sale

More like the manager holding stuff back for his buds...

#7 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

That too

#8 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

I was down at the Canucks shop on Renfrew the other day selling some socks to the member that works there and they had half a dozen pairs of gloves and a short assortment of sticks {maybe 30 tops}, some pretty cheap too but all in all it was pretty weak IMO.

I'd say my house but you's need a full wallet to come here as I only have Habs gear for sale right now. :LOL: 

In my possession right now for sale is a Pro stock Warrior Krown helmet {med}, Habs custom pants {large -1 in leg}, and a pair of Victoriaville 15" Habs gloves brand new, just saying. :canada:

Lots of pro stock sticks at the hockey exchange on Burrard street right now, with deals of two for $200.

#9 - M

- M

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

hey guys im going to be making a trip to the Vancouver area, are there any more stores in the surrounding areas? maybe play it agains?

There are no Play It Agains in Vancouver.  There are a few used sporting goods stores but I rarely score any big finds.  Sports Junkies (Broadway/Manitoba) (the managers there act like a bunch of pricks), North Shore Sports Swap (North Vancouver just over the Second Narrows bridge), Cheapskates (Dunbar/16th).  If you're in these areas they might be worth checking out but I wouldn't go out of my way just to go to one of these stores.

As for new gear the two biggest players in town are The Hockey Shop (Surrey) and Cyclone Taylors (Vancouver, Surrey, Coquitlam, Richmond).  Both will carry a limited selection of pro gear. 

The Sports Exchange on Burrard will carry the largest inventory of pro returns and closeouts.

There are several smaller shops around town, Scoff's, Ice Level SFS, Ice Level SFS, but those will carry mostly retail equipment.

I was down at the Canucks shop on Renfrew the other day selling some socks to the member that works there and they had half a dozen pairs of gloves and a short assortment of sticks {maybe 30 tops}, some pretty cheap too but all in all it was pretty weak IMO.

I'd say my house but you's need a full wallet to come here as I only have Habs gear for sale right now. :LOL:

In my possession right now for sale is a Pro stock Warrior Krown helmet {med}, Habs custom pants {large -1 in leg}, and a pair of Victoriaville 15" Habs gloves brand new, just saying. :canada:

Lots of pro stock sticks at the hockey exchange on Burrard street right now, with deals of two for $200.

I went at the Renfrew shop last Saturday and there wasn't much.  You can look at all their gear in under 5 minutes, less if you've been there before (there's so much leftover gear from previous sales.)  Unless you want to spend $1000 on used goalie pads then it's probably not worth your time.

Luckily the Aquilinis own the building otherwise this store wouldn't have survived this long.