Reebok A.I.7 Stick: Yea or Nay?

Reebok AI7 Stick $99 Good Okay Garbage

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Data

Mr Data
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

So I saw a Reebok A.I.7 stick in my exact specs at my LHS today for $99. Anyone have experience with this stick? From what I read online, it's over 500 grams, and it definitely feels heavy in-store (especially for a high price-point stick). Yet, I've heard that the A.I.5 is one of the best $99 price-point sticks out there, so getting an A.I.7 for $99 must be even better, right? Is it at least 100% carbon fiber (no fiberglass)? How is the durability? The puck feel?

Should I get it? Any and all opinions and advice are appreciated.

#2 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

What's your specs?
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#3 Mr Data

Mr Data

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:22 PM

What's your specs?

Right/Grip/75 flex/P42 Duchene (or equivalent in other brands, e.g. PM9, Modano, etc.)

#4 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

I didn't have a chance to look but I believe the ai9 which was the top of the line model is going for $150 at hockey monkey with the 20% off, you could get a better stick for $20 more.
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#5 Mr Data

Mr Data

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I didn't have a chance to look but I believe the ai9 which was the top of the line model is going for $150 at hockey monkey with the 20% off, you could get a better stick for $20 more.

I'm in Canada so that's not an option. I got the AI7, by the way.

#6 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Have two of the Ai9s and love them. Not sure how much lighter than the Ai7 but feel pretty light to me. Got them from Pure Hockey at 99 bucks apiece plus we had a 20 percent discount going on for messed up uniforms so 80 bucks apiece for me was a no brainer.

#7 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

PS they are Pro Stock by the way if that makes a difference in weight or not.

#8 Mr Data

Mr Data

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

PS they are Pro Stock by the way if that makes a difference in weight or not.

I'd say Pro Stock AI9s are nearly 100% different from retail AI7s. Different blade, different weave, much lighter, and probably different kick point. The only thing that is probably the same is the shaft shape. I have a Pro Stock 11k and it's very different from the retail version.

#9 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

If this is a must "I need a stick ASAP" ok. But settling for average isn't good or alright with me. I have gone to canadian tire and bought smu sticks before due to snapping a twig and always regret it a day later because I know if I went online or to a lhs I could of got much more for my hard earned money. Many retail sticks I found just feel like a log in the blade after so many skates. Could just be me? If you can from now on come on here or shop online. Pro stock just makes so much sense in the long run. For $99 you could get a beauty twig.

#10 Mr Data

Mr Data

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

If this is a must "I need a stick ASAP" ok. But settling for average isn't good or alright with me. I have gone to canadian tire and bought smu sticks before due to snapping a twig and always regret it a day later because I know if I went online or to a lhs I could of got much more for my hard earned money. Many retail sticks I found just feel like a log in the blade after so many skates. Could just be me? If you can from now on come on here or shop online. Pro stock just makes so much sense in the long run. For $99 you could get a beauty twig.

Yeah, I know that value-wise, Pro Stock or second-hand retail is better. I have bought a brand new PS 11k for $100 local pickup and a used retail TotalOne for $95 shipped, and they're both great sticks. But sticks in my specs aren't too common, and it's difficult to get one on here for $100 shipped. Believe me, I've tried. But the main reason I went retail with this purchase was that I've had bad experiences with snapping 75-flex sticks (been using 85 for a while now), and I wanted a warranty as a safety cushion now that I'm transitioning back to 75 flex.

#11 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

There is no such thing as PS AI7

SMDH

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#12 Mr Data

Mr Data

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

There is no such thing as PS AI7

SMDH

Who said anything about a pro stock AI7?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reebok, AI7, Stick, $99, Good, Okay, Garbage