Photo

Women's hockey?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

As some of you might know, I have a huge interest in women's hockey, but I would like to know your opinion on women's hockey and it's place at the Olympics?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

I think it has just as much place as anything else. I enjoy watching females compete at a high level, especially Hockey and Skiing. I guess at most anything for that matter. I am sure others may not agree but that is my opinion.  Dave

#3 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

Some women's hockey makes me want to stab my eyes out watching it, but women's Olympic hockey is great. One of the best ways to watch hockey and understand how the game is supposed to be played position and system wise. They aren't as fast and flashy as NHL players, but they are very disciplined in terms of position.

Oh don't forget some of the females are smoking hot.

#4 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

I dig it. It has as much place as anything else. 

WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#5 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Oh don't forget some of the females are smoking hot.

Like the entire Swedish team.

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

The Canada vs Finland is amazing!

Took 2 periods of the 1st goal.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 buckeye

buckeye

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Spooner from Canada is a friend of mine
Coyne from USA I have hung out with a bit since we share a good friend

they are much much much better than people give them credit for, trust me.

it's nice that the Finns have a goalie to keep games competitive so it isn't simply a bronze battle with zero chance for an upset (instead it's like 6% haha)

#8 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

I watched Sweden v. Japan on sunday. I was very impressed with Japan. they have greatly improved since 1998.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#9 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

I think it's safe to say that the officials working the Russia v Japan game won't be doing any of the medal games.......

#10 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

I think it's safe to say that the officials working the Russia v Japan game won't be doing any of the medal games.......

Was it really that atrocious?

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#11 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

a goal that should've counted and the officials didn't notice when the off-ice officials tried to get their attention because the folks upstairs wanted to review it? yeah, that's pretty bad, especially in a game that was decided by 1 goal. if it had happened in the men's tourney heads would roll.

#12 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

I've watched game over the years, olympics, those "friendlys" cananda and usa have and honestly its not as entertaining as mens hockey. Im not sure if womens hockey should be included in the olympics because of the inevitability canada and usa will play for gold. BUT on the other hand if you take it out, maybe the interest in womens hockey decreases and the sport loses all the steps its taken in the last 6 years?

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#13 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'd rather watch paint dry....

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#14 Beezy28

Beezy28

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I enjoy watching womens hockey. But obviously with slower game play and weaker shots I watch more for systems play and structure. They've got the fundamentals down. Also helps that you'll see a couple nice toe drags throughout the games.

#15 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

As some of you might know, I have a huge interest in women's hockey, but I would like to know your opinion on women's hockey and it's place at the Olympics?

How come there is no hitting or visors in women's hockey duper?

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#16 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

I'd rather watch paint dry....

Hehe !!, I wonder what they'd say when they saw you play, same thing maybe ?? :P :joke:

I would bet that some of these women can skate circles around a good majority on here,  so saying that,  I will say I love watching the women play. It might be only about 2 or 3 teams when talking power houses but the other countries can only get better and better, Japan proved that against Sweden the other day.

#17 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

How come there is no hitting or visors in women's hockey duper?

i was wondering that too, what's with all the cages, they're grown ups, they should be allowed to wear visors.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#18 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

What's more attractive than a woman with a busted grill and a face covered in scars... I mean c'mon that shits hot, right? Right?!?

My guess would be that it's unladylike to be overally physically aggressive, and women's hockey is sticking with that traditional world view. With women's UFC taking off the way it has in the past couple years, maybe they will change the rules in the future. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#19 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

Well with how the pool play and format is set up this year, USA vs Canada won't be the gold medal game.

Edit: This is wrong now, The format does allow it. I had just heard more that this was true. The way the format goes now is they won't see each other in the semis if they place 1 and 2 in pool play.

#20 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Well with how the pool play and format is set up this year, USA vs Canada won't be the gold medal game.

Are you sure? I know they're both guaranteed to advance to the semi finals, but does that mean the semi final to play against one another?

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?