Photo

My custom MX3's came in only 2 weeks.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Precision

Precision

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:54 AM

I ordered a new pair of Bauer TotalOne MX3's, tweaked from my last pair and holy smokes... they showed up literally 2 weeks to the day that I ordered them, fresh from Quebec.

Here are the specs:

Bauer Supreme TotalOne MX3

-LEFT 9 1/4 E/B

-RIGHT 8 5/8ths EE/B

-+1 Size quarters/facing

-Traditional "Pro" eyelets (strengthened eyelets but no reinforcement)

-Non-Flex tendon guard

-Tuuk Edge 280s with LS4 Steel

-MX3 Liner/Outsole

-2 stiffness

-Supreme felt tongues shortened 1/2" width/height

20150501_161628_zpsa3wcyswg.jpg

20150501_161543_zpscuoe1n2h.jpg

20150501_161522_zpshjintuio.jpg

20150501_161502_zpsqku3gy6x.jpg

20150501_161429_zpsjs3f5smu.jpg

The best part is the shop that I go to only charges $750 for retail MX3's... for custom its a $75.00 fee so all said and done $825.00 + tax when my last pair was $950.00 (OUCH!) 

Overall these feel SO much better than my last pair. I get on the ice with them on Sunday for the first time.

#2 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:56 AM

Sweet :y

#3 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:16 AM

Where you from?  Quebec?  LHS in Quebec also?

Did you pay Canadian dollars or US?

I'm on the verge of switching my skates and i'm interested in the custom process :)

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

Very nice wheels!

@maverick72: the skates are made in Quebec (St-Jerome)

Im moving your topic to the gear section, since this is not pro stock related.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 Precision

Precision

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

Where you from?  Quebec?  LHS in Quebec also?

Did you pay Canadian dollars or US?

I'm on the verge of switching my skates and i'm interested in the custom process :)

This was all done in Massachusetts. Customs are made in the St. Jerome factory in quebec.

It was $825.00 USD and they offered to do my custom radius profiling for $7.00 at the time of pick up.

#6 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

Sweet wheels, Im curious as to why you wouldn't get the standard lacing system vs the circular holes. Isn't it annoying when your laces roll up all the time?

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#7 Precision

Precision

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Sweet wheels, Im curious as to why you wouldn't get the standard lacing system vs the circular holes. Isn't it annoying when your laces roll up all the time?

Well first of all, you'll notice that my specs have +1 size quarters and facing, this means they essentially extend out the laces one size further than the actual size of the skate, this is to accomodate my high instep. The injected lacing system is one piece that is sewn to the boot, it cannot be modified when traditional lacing is much more versitile. I can choose more eyelets, less eyelets, greater spacing between eyelets and I can even have the top eyelets cut back for a skinnier ankle if that is the case. They can't do injected eyelets with my sizing specs but they are also more prone to breakage.

#8 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

Well first of all, you'll notice that my specs have +1 size quarters and facing, this means they essentially extend out the laces one size further than the actual size of the skate, this is to accomodate my high instep. The injected lacing system is one piece that is sewn to the boot, it cannot be modified when traditional lacing is much more versitile. I can choose more eyelets, less eyelets, greater spacing between eyelets and I can even have the top eyelets cut back for a skinnier ankle if that is the case. They can't do injected eyelets with my sizing specs but they are also more prone to breakage.

Perfect, thanks for the clarification

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#9 Precision

Precision

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

Perfect, thanks for the clarification

Sometimes with these things its just personal preference. Newer doesn't always mean better.

#10 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:59 AM

Sometimes with these things its just personal preference. Newer doesn't always mean better.

I totally agree however  rolled laces is a pet peeve of mine

Member #657

#11 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

wow sick skates ! i need a pair of custom mx3 too !

#12 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

@maverick72: the skates are made in Quebec (St-Jerome)

Yeah figured that was the case.  But can i go to any Rousseau and ask them for custom skates?   Any brand or just Bauer?  I know it's only top level skates.

I'm trying to figure out HOW from France i'll be able to order a new pair of skate without spending a month in Quebec lolll

And ty for all the mod explanation... so many choices so clueless about what to take regarding my foot.

#13 Precision

Precision

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

Yeah figured that was the case.  But can i go to any Rousseau and ask them for custom skates?   Any brand or just Bauer?  I know it's only top level skates.

I'm trying to figure out HOW from France i'll be able to order a new pair of skate without spending a month in Quebec lolll

And ty for all the mod explanation... so many choices so clueless about what to take regarding my foot.

Bauer, CCM, it doesn't matter but custom skates are only as good as the person fitting you an not everyone needs custom skates, some peoples feet fit just fine in retail stuff but my feet are weird and I couldnt make anything retail work. To be honest I wouldn't even trust a rep to fit me... the majority of them are salesman first. I had a pair of custom MX3's before these, I changed quite a bit on the second pair... I was considering going with Tacks the second time around but the only one who could fit me was a rep and he couldn't answer a single question I had so I just decided to go with another pair of MX3's and tweak the specs I had before.

Changes:

*+2 quarters and facing to only +1 (I had too much volume in the boot, they where too deep at +2)

*Reinforced eyelets to non reinforced (much better wrap and less material = less weight)

*3 stiffness to only 2 (stock stiffness) (3 stiffness was overkill and again, stiffer = heavier)

*Fusion steel to LS4 steel (fusion is much lighter but garbage)

*9 3/8ths to 9 1/4 in the left skate

*C width heels to B width in both skates

All in all these ones are lighter, fit much better, more snug... it sucks that its my 2nd pair but I'm super happy with them.

#14 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

Yeah well my feets are also weird....

my first gen supreme TO 7D are 1/4 too big so the results is too much volume on the forefoot and i can even feel my heal moving (which is super bad as far as balance goes).  Even if i tie them like a madman.  So B width would be something to think about.  Thinking about it it's pretty much the same as you with the too much volume in the boot...... I'm 5'9 with 8 US shoe size... super skinny feets.  Superfeet soles helped a little bit but with my thin socks i feel my entire feets moving in the boot.

Eyelets are starting to show alot of sign of wear so i'm still debating on that.

Stock Stiffness would be ok for me (after 5 years they are still pretty stiff) since i only play 3 times a week.

LS4 is a no brainer.  I'm in blacksteel and i like it alot.

Super tempted by that -1/2 inch width/height to compensate for my skinny feets.

#15 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

Yes you can, you need to call in advance and they take an appointment with the rep to fit you properly.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#16 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

my last pair of customs were very fast as well, 4 weeks and that was bauers "busy" time

#17 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

Yes you can, you need to call in advance and they take an appointment with the rep to fit you properly.

Good i think i'll do that.  Not sure if you can do it also at Hockeyexpert but Rousseau is still not very far from Lasalle :)

#18 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:00 AM

I don't know Bauer's boots very well, but maverick72, did you try Vapors? Your heel and volume issues sound like you may just have a foot better suited for that line, compared to the Supreme.

#19 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:14 AM

Before my originals TO i had Vapors XX when the XXX was the high end and it was ok at the time since i was a forward and since they have a more agressive forward pitch but now that i play D i wanted something more neutra.. that is why i had picked up the TO's.

I'll set up the appointement with the fitting guy and hear what he has to say of course ... well he's the expert :D

#20 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

That's a while back. I'm not sure the fit has stayed the same. I haven't been in Bauer since the Vapor 8's were the top of the line. They didn't fit me very well.