13 replies to this topic

#1 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Win the Stanley Cup? Or win the Olympic gold medal? Choose one and let everyone know why you chose it!

EDIT: After Brian's answer, I'm going to remove option C. Thanks for the heads up! Pick one or the other! I'm hoping to see some interesting debate here.

Edited by ken6473, 22 March 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#2 Brian

Brian

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Both... because there is always an option C!

#3 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Good answer haha. I edited the post to remove that option.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#4 Brian

Brian

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

haha shoot ok.

#5 xmasterpx

xmasterpx

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

i guess it would be the Olympic gold medal first...ive never been as excited as i was when crosby scored that famous goal!!! plus if you won an olympic gold medal it mostly proves that you are part of the best player of your country!

thats my personal opinion tho

#6 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Gold medal. Only because it's much more rare. If you can win gold early in your career, much easier to get the treble.

Some of the greats maybe have Cups to their name, but because of the infrequency of the Olympics they only managed to play in one or two and never got a shot.

Look at the Americans from '02. In '06 they bombed, and by the time Vancouver came around, most of that roster had retired, or weren't picked.

So I'd easily pick a medal. Plus, you join all the other athletes of your nation who won a medal. Way more pride involved.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#7 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Stanley Cup for sure.
When i was a kid I never dreamed of winning olympic gold, however, I dreamed of winning the cup every day :LOL:
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#8 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

For me it would be the Stanley Cup. It's not to say that I would not want to win a gold medal for my country, but given the choice, it would be the Stanley Cup.
~B~

#9 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

I just wanna be like Jonathan Toews and not only win both before the age of 21 but to also be the MVP in both :)

#10 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

tough but im going with the cup. i always dreamed of scoring a game 7 OT winner

#11 TheWetBandits

TheWetBandits
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

That is a tough one, I'd have to go with the Cup. Like others have said, there is just something about the dream as a kid of holding that cup above your head.

#12 Biscuit

Biscuit
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

The Stanley Cup. I'm not saying the Gold is easier but if you think about how hard it is to win the Cup. The 82 game season just to make the playoffs. Then 2 months of possibly playing 7 game series of playoffs. IMO it is the hardest team thropy to win. Mentally and physically grinding. When you hear about how guys are playing with different types of injuries its amazing how they play at all. The look on those guys faces when they do win it says it all. There have been so many great players that have had long storied careers but never had a chance to make the playoffs or came so close but never fulfilled the dream of holding the Cup. I think it is just as rare to win the Cup as it is the gold medal.
always looking for Sabres gear

#13 TheWetBandits

TheWetBandits
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

The Stanley Cup. I'm not saying the Gold is easier but if you think about how hard it is to win the Cup. The 82 game season just to make the playoffs. Then 2 months of possibly playing 7 game series of playoffs. IMO it is the hardest team thropy to win. Mentally and physically grinding. When you hear about how guys are playing with different types of injuries its amazing how they play at all. The look on those guys faces when they do win it says it all. There have been so many great players that have had long storied careers but never had a chance to make the playoffs or came so close but never fulfilled the dream of holding the Cup. I think it is just as rare to win the Cup as it is the gold medal.

The physically grinding part is spot on. The olympics is more of a finesse game per se compared to the brutal grinding of the playoffs...can't help but think of the Bruins vs Canucks last year.

#14 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Lord Stanley....like Dupes said...I imagined winning the Stanley Cup!!