Photo

Russiangrip

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Aussiescott

Aussiescott
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

Anyone ever herd of or used these before? I found them online and have placed a custom grip order, these seem to be very comparable to Tacki mac and buttendz but with the added feature of intermediate and senior plus customisation with name, number and team. The main difference I have found is pricing. I guess the proof will be in the pudding, will post back after I receive them and give them a test.

Www.russiangrip.com
@russiangrip

These are my own thoughts and opinions I don't not work for Russiangrip or am I getting paid for writing this.

Attached Files

#2 Havok19

Havok19

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

Looking good i will be watching your review of it

#3 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

If they are thin I'm in.
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#4 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:24 PM

I saw these on Ebay a few months ago, almost picked up one of the custom printed ones for my son, but the zero feedback and turn around time outside of the paypal dispute time frame kept me from buying. 

#5 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:11 AM

I also took the plunge and ordered 5 of these custom in a couple variations. Interested to try them out for sure although it won't be until sometime in February.

#6 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Here's a few pictures

Apparently the Textile in the thinest, however I believe it's just as doesn't have of the ribbed or overlaid tape areas. He's a few more detailed pics showing the thickness and texture. I'm gonna try these and I think the silicone material will feel way better than the rubber that Tacki-mac/ Buttendz use.

image-09-01-16-11-45-2_zpscixh2yy1.jpeg

image-09-01-16-11-45-1_zps9qf3eypu.jpeg

image-09-01-16-11-45_zps9cxiui5j.jpeg

#7 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

Let us know how you make out. I used to love tacki Mac but recently tried regular tape again when I ran out and I think tacki Mac unbalances the stick and is now way to thick
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#8 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

these look really nice and might sway me away from my tennis grips. 

#9 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

I ordered a custom textile grip, we'll see how it turns out.

#10 Havok19

Havok19

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

Yea the blue ribbed one is what i want to know how it is.Let us know malcb

#11 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

So I got a silver and white textile grip as they were the thinnest. The material is a marked improvement over tacki-Mac. It feels stickier in a good way and a bit softer but not spongy in anyway. To me they do feel thinner than tacki-Mac's too which is nice, but they were still slightly to thick for me as I only use a thin layer of gauze tape normally.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone who likes tacki-Mac grips! Way better than other pre made grips imo.

I'm gonna throw the two grips I have up for sale if anyone's interested they will save on the shipping time from Russia at least.

#12 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

Now that it's been a few months any one else have any reviews?

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#13 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:18 AM

Now that it's been a few months any one else have any reviews?

I've had mine on my CX for a couple months, it's good,but I've never used any of the other types before, I've just only ever used tape, but I like it.

Seemed like a lot of money for what it is though....

#14 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:38 AM

I've had mine on my CX for a couple months, it's good,but I've never used any of the other types before, I've just only ever used tape, but I like it.

Seemed like a lot of money for what it is though....

Thanks for reply how much did it come out to being?
I used buttendz previously and that ran me about 25$ and wasn't too happy with it.

@myfriendmonty

#15 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for reply how much did it come out to being?
I used buttendz previously and that ran me about 25$ and wasn't too happy with it.

It ended up being around $30.....but i got my name on it

#16 Aussiescott

Aussiescott
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

They are offering a discount during the playoffs which makes it even a better deal. Mine have lasted really well for the months I have had them some weeks I was using them 5 times a week only a little bit of wear on the knob of of the ribbed version but my gloves are in perfect condition I just find it hard to use anything but them now

#17 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:28 PM

They are offering a discount during the playoffs which makes it even a better deal. Mine have lasted really well for the months I have had them some weeks I was using them 5 times a week only a little bit of wear on the knob of of the ribbed version but my gloves are in perfect condition I just find it hard to use anything but them now

Thanks man

@myfriendmonty