#21 Tapiolaboy13

Tapiolaboy13

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nevermind

#22 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

thinking about going with TO shins or the one80's anyone using either?

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#23 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

While on topic, i am actually looking to switch to Tackla Shin pads, i've always wanted to try tackla protective and now that i've done all of Graf's protective it's time to move on

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#24 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Jofa 5090s or Rbk 8k pros. Protection is great. Mobility is great. All around great pad. By far my favorite shins made.

#25 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I picked up some 3190's for $10, any good? Couldn't find much info on them other than they're two decades old :-/

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#26 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

i got impatient on waiting for your guys input. TO Shins are coming for christmas!

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#27 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

While on topic, i am actually looking to switch to Tackla Shin pads, i've always wanted to try tackla protective and now that i've done all of Graf's protective it's time to move on

had a pair of tackla air (insert random number here) shin guards, hated them.. lots of flat spots that dont disperse impacts i.m.o

#28 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

had a pair of tackla air (insert random number here) shin guards, hated them.. lots of flat spots that dont disperse impacts i.m.o

you're right i just looked at the top of the line shins they have and they're basically a half cut octagon

#29 bakerboy

bakerboy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

jofa 6070

reebok 8k

#30 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Please let me know what you think about them. (Your the man dude watch your channel on youtube all the time)

#31 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Please let me know what you think about them. (Your the man dude watch your channel on youtube all the time)

Thanks man, that means a lot! thank you!

I've actually decided against it with the Tackla shins. I did some research and they're squared, so theres too many square spots and they dont disperse impact good either from what i've been told too.

#32 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I only saw a couple pics of them and looked pretty sweet, im waiting for the new warrior shinguards. Or if i could find a new pair of reebok 8k pro :P

#33 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

My only gripe with warrior is the inside liner is two pieces so its not as cool as i wish, good concept but should be one piece

#34 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Is the new one like that? Dynasty AX1?

#35 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

No they smartened up and made it a whole piece

#36 gator

gator

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

lets just say if they fit deeper you'd have to put them on at the top like a sock, these things wrap around your entire leg, its insane, and i LOVE IT

i have huge calves and with the bauer theydidnt fit all around, jofa was kinda the same, but these grab the legs all around

would warrior be the deepest/highest volume shin guard available?

#37 - M

- M

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Bauer Pro Series was the deepest I've tried.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#38 gator

gator

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Bauer Pro Series was the deepest I've tried.

thanks. i've got huge calves and it's always a challenge getting the right shins. i'll check out those bauer pro series.

#39 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

would warrior be the deepest/highest volume shin guard available?

my franchises are pretty deep, i have big calves and these wrap around them like nothing, i'm a little surprised because most other shins didnt and it was a struggle due to my dislike of shin tape

those bauer pro series are pretty good too

#40 gator

gator

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

my franchises are pretty deep, i have big calves and these wrap around them like nothing, i'm a little surprised because most other shins didnt and it was a struggle due to my dislike of shin tape

those bauer pro series are pretty good too

Thanks for the info. Looks like warrior is transitioning to a new line for 2013, I'm hoping they are still a deep fit. Wasn't able to find the Bauer pro series, but I'm guessing the nexus line fits the same. I hear ya on the shin tape. I don't like it either, feels constricting.