Photo

sidney crosby's winter classic practice jersey 2011 for sale

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

my fiancee and i attended the pen/bruins st pat's game, where the Pens won 2-1. it was the first win we attended together, as well as her first crosby goal in person. NHL auctions is selling off the Penguins green warm ups they used for pre game skate. sadly for me, right now, sid's is at over $4,000 with a few days left on bidding. so if I can raise the funds for the jersey, ill pull the trigger, if not, oh well. i realize ill have to part with something from my collection.

Ill list my selling price at $5000, but its negotiable if I can purchase the st pats for less. Im not looking to give the jersey away, so if I cant get what Im looking for, Ill hold onto it. comes with all the paperwork from the pens, dana heinze signature in the fight strap, and unique Crosby tagging directly from the Penguins sewn into the jersey. Ill listen to offers, and for serious inquiries or pics of anything, feel free to email me:

j1lovinger@yahoo.com

#2 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Something that is goin to be goin for that much u should really post detail photos. Just sayin.
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#3 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Philly...this may seem a dumb question...any idea what I'm doing wrong? I tried to post a few pictures I took from my cheap cell phone camera, and the site said that every file was too big, even when I tried to post 1 pic . I wasn't sure how to make the file smaller or what to do. I figured my only choice was to give my email address and send the pic on if anyone was interested. This site has always given me problems with pictures.

#4 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

U got to use a photo app. I use photobucket

#5 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Some ppl use tinypic or sonething like that

#6 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

http://s1297.photobu...ielov1/profile/

#7 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hope that works. As I said, anyone seriously interested, I can supply any pics you want. Have all documents concerning the jersey, and also a few other markings Dana Heinze put on the jerseys.

#8 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

It worked.

Much as I hate that dame team. I love the colors. And the logo is so sick. Good luck wit the sale bud. I'm sure if u talk to someone at meigray they would be able to help u get top dollar

#9 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Gamewornauctions.net is looking for consignments for their spring auction. These guys usually pull top dollar on jerseys. I'm just not sure what their fees are. It's worth checking out.

http://www.gameworna...nts_wanted.html

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#10 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

^+1 for what he said. They are really good also

#11 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Thank you guys for all the great info, and kind words. It def kills me to even think about parting with this jersey, as I love it, prob my favorite player worn jersey I have ever owned, but due to the reasons above, I am trying to go after the St Pat's one. I was hoping it would go for much less, as the awful looking camo warmups did not go for too outrageous of a price, but I guess the st pats green is more coveted. If it doesn't work out, I won't be too upset, as the WC practice one is almost irriplaceable to me (Tons of coverage/video/pics of sid wearing it), but I guess I'll see what happens.

#12 Hellkitty

Hellkitty
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

I love my Malkin WC practice jersey. It's my prize posession.

#13 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

hellkitty...i agree with you. i have a winter classic regular jersey (a game issued but never worn tim wallace) and for whatever reason, I love the practice jersey so much more. it took me forever to track down the owner and make a deal for it, so im starting to even question myself on selling it. the game we were at seeing sid score (as our love of hockey and the pens/sid brought us together, silly as that sounds) was really special, but I was honestly hoping the green warmups didnt go so high at auction. i may be wiser to hold onto the WC, as they have green ones yearly, but for a sid, a malkin, etc, these warmups are truly one of a kind.

#14 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

if you don't get the real thing you could always wait until next year and in the meantime get one of these:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d3be03354

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#15 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

thanks shoeshine. ill keep everyone posted (just in case anyone wants to know the outcome!). man, even the lesser players are gettingbid really high, to the point where you can get a legitimate gamer for what the warmups are going for. james neal is at $1500, letang is creeping well over $1000, and even beau bennett is close to $1000. ugh. pricey hobby

#16 Hellkitty

Hellkitty
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yeah I also have a Malkin GI 3rd jersey.

#17 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

I love my (won't say what it is) and would never sell it, so this sounds a lot like something you have as well.

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#18 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

just a quick update...thanks to all who posted. i talked to a guy from gameworn auctions, and he was unbelievably great. we talked for a while about the jersey, and he told me if I wanted to sell they would have a featured slot in the auction for it, and said it was pretty rare. the crosby st. pat's jersey has crept over the $5000 mark, so in the end, I think im just going to hold onto my WC crosby. as I said, its prob the centerpiece of my collection, and with the st pats jersey, which they do yearly, selling so high, no need to dump off my WC for less for a jersey thats not as limited.

i liked the sentiment of the st pats this year, but buying a jersey for that much, and dumping mine off would be silly. maybe some other time. of course its a sellers market right now for crosby game used stuff, but regardless, the WC practice is sharp as hell, and i have no problems hanging onto it.

so, thanks once again for all who commented.