Photo

Deadbeat eBay Buyers Thread

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#61 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:52 AM

If I had a dollar for every time Ive heard from potential buyers

1) I only have $XX to buy this stick (LOW ball offer) can you sell it for that price and free shipping

2) All my equipment was stolen, any chance you can offer a discount

3) I'm buying this to decorate my babies room, hopefully he'll use it when he grows up

I have a list of deadbeat Ebayers a mile long. Fact of the matter is Ebay has done very little to hold buyers accountable for their purchases. Even though you still have to click BUY NOW 3 times to purchase a item, I still get the "I didn't mean to buy this item, please cancel" all the time. 

If I get a Russian with 0 feedback bidding on a item there is a 99.9999% I won't get paid (I know I need to change my settings to not allow anyone with 0 feedback to bid but always feel like I'm missing out on a sale if I do)

Heres a few to keep this thread going

marobri_l6dljuz8f

abhha-un9yw0tm

alex220269

drewsorbom51

wingnut09va

libertyjet8

goalie37su

tiduff_7

ale3915

oscahackma17

nikitlayko-0

sk2013_j

bosum10

bikestick999-9

h0ckey5656

6_07929

kurlov.yuri.256

will_stcl

#62 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

What I really hate is dead beat watchers. If I see something I like at a fair price, I buy it or even over pay if it's rare. I only watch, if it's an auction. If the bidding gets to high, I don't bid. you can only go down so far. I guess you should just give your stuff away.

#63 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

Here's another deadbeat ebayer:  miguel092675.  He bought my gloves on ebay and then said his account was hacked.  I agreed to cancel the transaction and then blocked him from bidding on any of my auctions.

#64 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

Got a pain in ass ebayer josh24_31. Bought a hoodie from me and paid at 5:30pm shortly after asking when it was going to ship. Everyday emails me with did it ship yet? I ship within 3 business days as stated on my page. He hits me with negative feedback saying hoodie was used (tags are still attached) and smelled like cigarettes. Funny thing is I don't even smoke. What a joke.

#65 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Here is another Deadbeat :  way243181   

countvelvet is a time wasting low baller

#66 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:05 PM

Another : barbpat36-6 

#67 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

nym1986

Purchased a pair of gloves from me that were clearly used, but in very good condition. The gloves had white on them, which was dirty, as evidenced by high quality pictures. Filed a return complaint saying the gloves are nothing like pictured, and wants his money back. This was after repeated messages by me asking if he was going to pay, since he hadn't paid up for over a week. Pretty clear he's trying to scam.

#68 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:02 AM

Ebay member: GSSSNS

name: Gregory Salmon

should've known he was some fishy was gonna happen. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#69 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

Bency21

No response to my invoices or emails on eBay.

kodcasav

Non payment

#70 Kevin52597

Kevin52597
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

jmeparts - wins an auction style listing on a stick I had up, messages right after the auction ends saying he didn't mean to buy the stick. Can't stand when people use that as an excuse

#71 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:40 PM

jbcjared

#72 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

balthaarr
JackAlexander96

#73 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

rsak09

Submits a best offer, I accept, he immediately requests to cancel the transaction.

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#74 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

montana6711

Should have known better.  Has a .ru email address but wanted item shipped in the US.  Turns out it was a freight forwarding company based out of Delaware.  As soon as item gets to Delaware he submits negative feedback and a return request written in Russian saying he got a Chinese watch instead of hockey gloves.  Luckily eBay is on to this shit and ruled in my favor...

#75 MyWifeWillKillMe

MyWifeWillKillMe
  • LocationAdams, NY

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

dalturc

Submitted a best offer that was auto accepted, messaged me asking to cancel order. I did cancel the order. However, before I could even cancel the order, messaged me offering $20 less.

Within minutes of cancelling the order, offered me the original offer again.

#76 Kevin52597

Kevin52597
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

Flyersfreak_27: wins a bid style auction on a pair of skates for $20+shipping, messages me after asking all sorts of questions, finally tells me he doesn't want to buy after talking to his son and realizing they don't have Graf footbeds.

Lapshenkovas: submits an offer on a pair of skates, I accept. Messages me asking for weight of the parcel only to tell me "I don't want to buy them"

#77 beerleaguezero

beerleaguezero

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

8_10344 : submitted best offer for 20 dollars under asking price. accepted, proceeds to message me saying that he meant to offer significantly less than the number he originally offered and to cancel the order. im pretty sure the two numbers are nowhere near each other on a keyboard and having to go through multiple confirmation screens should have realized that he didnt want to submit that number.

#78 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Had a guy make an offer and I accepted, then told me he's still deciding and needs a week or two to pay.

#79 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

montana6711

Should have known better.  Has a .ru email address but wanted item shipped in the US.  Turns out it was a freight forwarding company based out of Delaware.  As soon as item gets to Delaware he submits negative feedback and a return request written in Russian saying he got a Chinese watch instead of hockey gloves.  Luckily eBay is on to this shit and ruled in my favor...

Sold a pair of gloves to a guy with an .ru email address on eBay, and the address on his PayPal was in Delaware.

So, I assume inevitably, he will file some sort of claim? 

#80 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

Yeah, but your liability will end once it gets to Delaware. Just call eBay if/when he submits a claim and they'll close it out.