Photo

Deadbeat eBay Buyers Thread

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#101 - M

- M

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

I'm starting to lose faith in eBay buyers now.

Buyer 1 - Contacts me about a practice jersey.  He wants to strip the front logo off and put a new one on.  Asks for a significant discount... close to 80% off the list price.

Buyer 2 - Similar to the other buyer but he's asking about a pro stock game jersey.  He only wants one of the patches on the jersey so he offers me a small fraction of what the jersey is selling for because he doesn't have a need for the jersey, just the patch.

I don't care what their intentions with the jerseys are but I'm not going to give them a significant discount because of that.  Make a fair offer on the jersey, do what you need to do and then flip it again.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#102 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

What jerk's

#103 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Wow, unbelievable. I've purchased jerseys just for the crests to convert into practice jerseys, but have always paid full price. To me, the price is worth it knowing that I can't get the jersey or crests anywhere else.

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#104 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

This situation is a little odd - buyer with Russian name just bought my gloves and I googled shipping address.  Address looks like a warehouse in Homestead PA that is being listed for lease (can't tell if anyone living at the warehouse).  I told ebay buyer (name is 54911844) address looked uncertain and that buyer told me he always uses this address and they ship to him in Russia.  Ebay said go ahead and ship and as long as tracking number shows item was delivered I am protected.  I'm shipping today so I'll let you know what happens.

#105 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

lotsa russian guys have addresses in the states they use

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#106 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

Avoid this seller at all costs: supremebstc0  /   Mason Brown   in TN. 

Bought a skate oven, arrived with a shattered glass door. I requested a refund as I couldn't locate a replacement door. Got a lot of attitude and when returned was not refunded $60 in return shipping as agreed.  Absolute nightmare to deal with. 

#107 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

nshalaby14:

Bought a stick from me. In the pictures I have 2 shown but in both the notes and item description it explicitly states that there are two pictured but only 1 for sale.

Uses buy it now, then almost a full day later wants to cancel the sale because he didn’t read the description and just looked at the pictures. That’s my problem why? Also, not to mention, no one in their right mind would sell 2 brand new sticks for the price that he paid for one, which is already substantially discounted from full price.

Custom everything.

#108 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 30 June 2019 - 09:24 PM

bai209021  Deadbeat bidder

#109 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

Trey_gregory@milton.edu is his paypal. tried to scam me. 

address was:

j Gregory

325 commonwealth Ave Apt1

Boston MA, 02115

if anyone has dealt with him drop me a pm 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#110 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:40 PM

Davidedward on SLS - This moron left me negative feedback because, "Shipping price was too high, others don't charge this much."

1. Shipping prices are automatically calculated by SLS and I have no control over them 2. The shipment was cross-country from California to New York, which is obviously going to cost more than shorter distance shipments 3. Why did you press "buy it now" on the listing the first place if the shipping price was supposedly too high? I tried explaining this via messages, but this idiot wasn't understanding any of it. He kept responding in broken English that he paid $4 less to buy the same item from another seller and that I shouldn't charge so much for shipping.

I contacted SLS to remove the negative feedback. Their customer service not only removed the negative, but warned the buyer on the swap page. A nice surprise. 

#111 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 16 June 2020 - 10:47 AM

Planka_4 - Stole my 2X skates by filing a false "not as described" report when the skates were in the exact condition and size as described. Claimed they "didn't fit" and eBay immediately sided with the buyer. eBay reps didn't understand English and I lost $200 and perfectly good skates. 

#112 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:29 AM

Blocked eBayers can still contact you via message, even if they are blocked from bidding and buying. Non-paying eBayers or trolls can still harass you on your other listings if they have done any transaction with you OR if you have responded to any of their messages  The only way for a block to truly work is to ignore all troll/harassment messages and DO NOT reply. It's honestly frustrating; a block should mean blocking from contact completely. To report someone, you will have to bother eBay on social media because their on-site customer service is useless. 

#113 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 18 April 2021 - 12:31 PM

Probably not the right thread for this, but I have just taken all of my listings off of eBay. Not happy with their new payment handling. I wish there was some option to go through PayPal again

#114 Chow_hound

Chow_hound

Posted 18 April 2021 - 01:17 PM

I hate the newest ebay changes with direct account payments and the delays of them handling the transaction first for processing. Exclusively selling elsewhere because of these changes and also the lack of seller protection (buyers can abuse the “item not as described” and win fraudulent claims without any recourse.

#115 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 18 April 2021 - 03:04 PM

100% the biggest issues. Plus the fee scale changed and it's even worse than before, if that's possible.

Not sure how this works for Canucks, but for US citizens, they take your SS number now and report it as earnings for tax purposes. A good portion of my "sales" are just trying to recoup what I paid on gear I didn't like. It's a far cry from "earnings." Usually just trying to unload a stick I didn't like for a lot less than I paid. Take the loss, the fees and then paying taxes and I might as well just give the gear away.

Thankfully there are places like s2k

#116 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 18 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

Just yanked everything off of eBay. Great for buying, awful for selling. 

#117 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:23 PM

Whoever wrote this has obviously never been on the internet: https://help.sidelin...I-Block-a-User-

"Be polite and communicative with other users: If you stay on top of your swaps and are fully communicative with your buyers, they won't have any reason to be upset with you or behave in ways that would make you want to block them." LOL. This is so out of touch.

A large majority of the site is middle and high school kids that think trolling your listings is the funniest thing ever. SLS REALLY need to allow blocking of users. Unfortunately, it's necessary to use SLS because eBay has been absolutely useless for selling anything.

#118 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 25 September 2021 - 06:37 AM

Does anyone actually sell on ebay anymore? I removed my 300+ items once they started requiring you to link your bank account to eBay. 

#119 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 25 September 2021 - 09:38 PM

Does anyone actually sell on ebay anymore? I removed my 300+ items once they started requiring you to link your bank account to eBay.

Me too. Sold one item and got a tax form to report the "earnings" to the IRS. That was the end of eBay for me. I pay my taxes, but I bought a pair of pants, didn't fit me and put them on eBay, accepted an offer for $25 less than I paid, plus eBay fees, and then I have to pay taxes on the "sale." Foh

#120 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:28 AM

https://www.cnbc.com...line-sales.html