Photo

Deadbeat eBay Buyers Thread

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#121 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 September 2021 - 02:41 PM

Gadik1972 is the biggest annoyance on SLS. This pest does not buy or sell anything and is only on the website to bother people. He has been favoriting and lowballing on ever single listing I have posted for over three years. Every time I report the issue to customer service, they respond with the same cookie cutter message about ignoring them. Ignoring clearly doesn't work. There are two other accounts named El and Lillian1732 that do the same thing. Not sure if they're run by the same guy or not. 

uQAyNnw.jpg

He finally responded to one of my "please stop favoriting my listings" messages and had some spicy words to say. Funny how I'm the troll considering he has been bothering me on every single listing I've posted in the last few years. I reported this message to SLS, but they ignored it and somehow he's still able to keep going. 

cea85c5d26f470f2_original.jpeg

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#122 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 26 September 2021 - 03:35 PM

"Tax the rich" =  going after all of those millionaires with online transfers totaling over $600 in a year.  I wonder if face to face sales and USPS money orders will make a come back. 

#123 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:46 PM

noahdoc - I won an auction for a pair of Graf 9035 MIC skates via eBay and paid immediately after winning. Seller did not respond to a single message or ship the skates for an entire week. I filed an "item not received" case and of course, the seller responded with a generic message with BS excuse of why he couldn't sell on eBay and that I would have to buy off of the site to continue the transaction. Sure, I'd love to lose my buyer protection after you didn't respond for a week over $350 skates. I responded that I will not be taking the sale off of eBay and losing my seller protection and to refund me ASAP if he did not wish to complete the transaction. 

This message and all subsequent messages went completely ignored and I was not refunded until the case was closed two weeks later. My $350 was in purgatory for an additional two weeks after I opened the case, so three weeks total. I find it ridiculous that eBay gave the seller a whole week after I filed the "item not received" case when it was obviously clear that they had zero intention of sending the skates. Easily the shadiest, lousiest seller I've ever dealt with on eBay. He then deleted his eBay account after this debacle was over.

A funny coincidence: this is the second time I ordered a pair of 9035 skates and never received them - first on SLS a few years ago, now on eBay. Possibly the same seller, but I don't remember the details. 

NrKQiXC.png

#124 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 26 September 2021 - 06:49 PM

I just went back to sls for gear and OfferUp for anything else.

#125 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 26 October 2021 - 07:57 AM

cj4545 - Messaged me about buying some skates from me on SLS. His messages didn't make much sense and were full of "text speak" and broken English, so I tried my best to respond to them. I went to sleep and woke up the next day with a bunch of creepy texts on my Google voice number. The guy looked up my website, found my number, and thought it was acceptable to send me a bunch of unsolicited texts that had nothing to do with buying the skates. I blocked the number and politely told him to stop messaging me unless he was actually interested in buying the skates. He then responded with, "i sent u many txts and ur not respond so i guess ur not interested in selling the skates."

Now this creep will not stop messaging me on SLS, including "why r u not responding" if I don't respond within 20 minutes.

#126 CerebralHockey

CerebralHockey

Posted 26 October 2021 - 04:40 PM

Give it a shot...sounds like you know what you want.

#127 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 26 October 2021 - 05:37 PM

I used it when I lived in Brooklyn. Lot more concentrated so you got more hits. FB has a lot of flakes. Most people are interested until they realize they have to get off their duffs and go get something themselves

#128 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:09 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever actually sold anything on FB Marketplace. I get a TON of ‘is this still available’ messages because it’s a pre populated message people can click, then I respond, and crickets. I don’t get it

#129 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 03 November 2021 - 01:18 AM

art.blr - add this whackjob to your eBay block list, if anyone still uses it. Do not interact with this person. Don't buy anything from them or sell anything to them.

art.blr - sent me "very good condition gloves" in a used plastic "thank you" takeout bag, taped up with scotch tape, crumpled up with zero care. The gloves were covered in a disgusting, sticky sandpaper resin of unknown origin that was not able to be removed. I filed a case, seller responds with, [sic] "I am taking care of shipping and packing well." They insisted nothing was wrong with the gloves, that shipping was free and their shipping method was perfectly acceptable, and I'd have to pay return shipping, so I left a justified negative after the case was closed. art.blr proceeded to stalk and harass me with 18 threatening messages on eBay over 3 weeks. They included my full name and address in some of the messages to try and intimidate me, which is hilarious since they already had that info readily available. eBay did absolutely NOTHING to resolve this issue, despite putting them on the block list and multiple reports on their website. I even made dummy Facebook account to report them and was given the same robotic, canned response every time. No matter what I did, eBay would not allow me to block this person. I abandoned selling on eBay anyway due to their terrible selling policies, but this was the last straw. 

Update 12/3: after nearly a month, it appears this person has finally been blocked from contacting me or banned. The messages stopped on 11/21 and all of their listings were removed. It took way longer than it needed to, but it's finally done. They still never told me what sticky substance all over those gloves...not that I want to know. 

This is totally rational and sane behavior:

jeUdbR8.png

#130 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 27 September 2022 - 11:12 PM

Hockeystar007 - This is the same guy as the cj4545 account I posted about before. None of this guy's message made any sense and were full of broken English, misspellings, and incoherent rambling. I tried responding to the best of my ability, but communication was impossible. I think he was trying to take the sale off of SLS, but I never received any texts or emails. I am always open to selling off of SLS to save both parties money, but I just couldn't understand the nonsense. The screenshots posted below are just a fraction of what I received. After I didn't respond to the last message for a few hours, he started swearing like a sailor and sending lowball offers, immediately retracting them, then sending them over and over again.  

SLS actually banned both of the accounts, which was a nice surprise because they usually never do anything. Creeps like this are why I made a Google Voice account and don't give out my regular number anymore. I can't deny that I'm a fucked up person though!  :rofl:

lol1.jpg

lol2.jpg

lol3.jpg

#131 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 28 September 2022 - 12:37 AM

Haha you're definitely fucked up Jake

#132 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 28 September 2022 - 09:22 AM

You should have just answered my shout. I just needed chasis put on my skate shoes.

#133 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 08 October 2022 - 06:20 PM

It looks like my pal cj4545/hockeystar007 was unbanned and once again started messaging me and sending obvious lowballs. I have contacted SLS to report him yet again, but this guy is still allowed to keep messaging me. Some people need to get off the computer and get mental help. 

Also, I really wish people would stop asking if I have X for sale. If it's not listed on my SLS locker, I don't have it. I'm not a hockey store and don't have inventory. If I'm selling it, it's listed already. If not, I don't have it for sale. 

#134 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 09 October 2022 - 08:50 AM

I wouldn't be putting up for auction on SLS just yet. It's still buggy, and not everyone knows how it works, so you could be missing out on potential bids. 

"What's the lowest you'll go?" remains my biggest annoyance.     

Swap ID: #7058614
10/7/2022, 1:53:01 PM
Montyhockey

Hi, I'm Montyhockey! Feedback 99.7% (810)

• Estimated Time to Ship: Within 1 business day
  • Ships from: CT, US
  • Last Active: Yesterday

1702ffda51b22772_small.jpeg
gorbacn89

minimum offer?

10/7/2022, 2:07:51 PM
Montyhockey

What's your best offer?

gorbacn89

If you can give me a range, that would give me a better idea of what the market value is for the jersey

10/8/2022, 2:33:51 PM
gorbacn89

your range?

10/8/2022, 3:00:52 PM
Montyhockey

You're asking me to negotiate against myself. I've listed a price. If you are interested, make an offer which I will either accept or counter.

gorbacn89

So, you're unable to give me a lowest minimum number? Gotcha, makes sense.

10/8/2022, 3:15:33 PM
Montyhockey

That's not how negotiations work.

10/8/2022, 3:45:11 PM
gorbacn89

best of luck

#135 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 09 October 2022 - 10:01 AM

My usual answer to that is “what is the most you’re willing to pay”

#136 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 09 October 2022 - 10:06 AM

I usually just answer those with "I'm pretty firm on my listing price and I think it's a fair as price." Surprisingly I've had a few guys just go ahead and buy the item for full list.

#137 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 09 October 2022 - 10:24 AM

My usual answer to that is “what is the most you’re willing to pay”

Usually what I say too. I’ll typically add why the price is what it is based on recent listings, rarity, etc. No point in negotiating yourself down plus these people are almost always tire kickers who will only buy something for a fraction of the asking price. Complete waste of time

#138 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 09 October 2022 - 12:36 PM

Auctions were glitchy at first, but they appear to have been fixed. If I get a decent amount of money on each listing, I consider it a win. I do laugh when the users who get outbid send me angry messages when they can't get my listings for 80% off of retail prices and other people are actually willing to bid more. 

"What's the lowest you'll go?" remains my biggest annoyance.     

This is one of my biggest pet peeves as well. Unfortunately, I can never sell anything on SLS without offers enabled, so I pretty much have to accept offers or things will just sit around forever. I tend to price things a little bit higher because people will only buy if they can get it lower than the listed price. I write the following in my descriptions: I am open to REASONABLE offers, which can be sent via the "make offer" button. "What is your lowest/best price?" or "How low will you go?" are not offers and will be ignored. It's up to you to send a reasonable offer by pressing the "make offer" button. If someone still asks the question, I tell them, "I do not have a lowest price, as per the description. I'm not negotiating against myself, so make me a reasonable offer that I will either accept or counter-offer." Most of the time, it's met with silence.

People who do this aren't seriously interested in your item and are just looking to get things for dirt cheap, most likely to re-sell. If they were actual serious buyers, they'd either press buy it now (before anyone else is able to buy it) or make a decent offer. The user that Monty posted about did the same song and dance with my Super Tacks X helmet. It's a brand new $430 helmet with $60 visor that I was selling for $200; he was trying to get it for under $150 including shipping. Unfortunately, it's all part of the game these days. 

Usually what I say too. I’ll typically add why the price is what it is based on recent listings, rarity, etc. No point in negotiating yourself down plus these people are almost always tire kickers who will only buy something for a fraction of the asking price. Complete waste of time

This 100%. People who ask the "lowest price" question are always hoping for a huge markdown (like 75%-80% off) from my listing price, which is already listed way below retail price. It's hilarious how entitled some people can be, especially when they add "shipped" to the lowball offer because they are too special to pay for shipping costs as well. 

#139 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 13 October 2022 - 02:12 AM

AVOID cj4545/hockeystar007/surfer4569/liftedwk AT ALL COSTS. This guy is a nut case. I'm not sure why he is so obsessed with buying MY specific skates (there are many other listings of the same skates) but regardless of the reason, avoid dealing with this user at all costs. I've changed my return address to a fake name and address just in case. He has done the following over the past month:

1. Send me dozens of unsolicited text messages (I didn't give him my number, he found it) and SLS messages at 3 AM PST, all in broken English, all creepy.

2. Lowball over and over, then call me a scumbag or tell me to end my own life if I didn't accept the offer or respond within ten minutes. 

3. Lowball offer, then immediately retract the offer, then resend, and repeat dozens of times.

4. Fraudulently bid up my auctions, then withdraw them right before the auction's end.

I'm not sure why he is doing this because I have done nothing wrong. He started everything by sending me dozens of unsolicited texts and messages every ten minutes while I was working or sleeping. I politely told him to please stop messaging me, but then he made FOUR accounts to cuss me out and send lowball offers. This guy has zero sales and is just on the website to harass me and probably others as well.

If cj4545/hockeystar007/surfer4569/liftedwk buys any of your items, I highly suggest cancelling the sale as "buyer decided to cancel" so you don't receive negative feedback, then relisting. If he contacts you (it'll be in broken English and/or with strange, almost robotic/AI generated phrasing) about a listing you have up, ignore and report it. I don't want any of my fellow 2Ker's having to deal with this guy. I reported this user yet again and told them I was leaving SLS if they allowed this user to continue to contact and threaten me. 

Update 11/9: This loser is still harassing me over skates and their fourth account been banned. I've taken all skates off of SLS entirely and had a friend put them on eBay instead. 

#140 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 04 November 2022 - 02:45 PM

spirale.2007 - Buys my listing for an X02 skate sharpener with no holder, just the unit, carrying case, wheel, and a few spinners. It is priced to reflect this fact, which about 1/2 of what these machines go for used. NO SKATE HOLDER is in all caps the title and this fact is explained very clearly multiple times in the description. I get it packed up and ready to ship and I receive a message right before I ship that says, "Sorry please cancel and refund, I didn't know there was no skate holder." I had no choice but to cancel because I'm not risking losing an expensive sharpener in a bogus "not as described" case. This guy also haggles and sends huge lowballs on every sharpener I try to sell, while selling the same sharpeners on eBay for 3x the price.

MorganWhale - This moron complained and left me negative feedback because 1. Shipping was too expensive and took too long 2. He had to pay $41 in import fees from the USA 3. Gloves were too small. How the fuck is any of this MY problem? 

1. Why did you even pay for shipping if you find it to be too expensive? READ before you buy! I shipped the NEXT day and the item was being shipped from the USA to Canada, which can take up to a month or longer. 

2. I CLEARLY state in the terms and conditions of all of my descriptions (that this idiot did not read a word of) that I am NOT responsible for ANY shipping costs or import fees. All shipping prices are automatically calculated by SLS and I have zero control over them. Import fees are a risk any Canadian takes when buying any item from the USA. I obviously do not work in Canadian customs and have no say in this. This should be common sense, but apparently it's not to some people. 

3. The size of the gloves was shown in the pictures and description. They were QRL gloves, which are a form-fitting glove but still fit like a 13". It's not my fault that you failed do basic research on what you're buying.