Photo

Well gang... some bad news for me...

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Too Old

Too Old
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Just wanted to share why I've been a bit vacant from here. Our hockey season was done about 5 weeks ago for the summer. When that quit I began to feel like shit and get headaches. A trip to my doctor and neuro have proven that I have a brain tumor behind my left eye near the edge of the brain. Where we live is only about 2 hours south of Rochester, MN (Mayo Clinic). I'm waiting a call hopefully by Monday from them to see what my fate holds. I've done a ton of online reading and there appears to be a chance it can be removed... but it may grow back in time. The doc told me I may have to give up hockey... ha! I told him I'd switch to goalie if it required a bit more head protection. Time will tell. As will my ability to mountain bike, road bike, and motorcycle ride. Which in itself is tough as I'm the service manager at a very busy Harley-Davidson/Yamaha dealer. This is worst for my wife who lost her first husband 26 years ago to a brain tumor. They're kids are now 30 and 28, and ours is just 14. My fear is losing everyone so that keeps me motivated. Anyhow... that's the scoop and thanks for the wishes from my pals on here and Facebook... it's been greatly appreciated.

Steve Oldani

#2 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Truly sorry to hear about the bad news, man.  Please know that my and my family's prayers are with you.  There's not a whole lot that can be said or done over an internet forum, but we can at least let you know that we care about ya and are pulling for you to have a full recovery.

I'm not an overly resourceful person, but if there's anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to ask buddy.

#3 Brian

Brian

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

You can beat it, Steve.

Stay positive and stubborn!

#4 skater1

skater1
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

What Brian said. You got this. Thinking about you.

WARRIOR WC Dan Cleary mitts
Any WARRIOR Dan Cleary mitts

#5 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Not really good with these situations...Stay strong my friend and May the force be with you  

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#6 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Positive thinking my friend, hope you beat this SOB pronto, lots prayers and well wishes being thrown your way.

take care,

Brett

#7 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Steve, keep us posted..and im sure everyone on this site will pray for ya buddy. Your a great member of this board and im sure a great family man as well, you helped me and if you need anything man your second family, the 2k family is here you ya

#8 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Damn man! My thought and prayers go out to you and your family.  Stay strong, keep fighting and stay positive.

#9 Kevin52597

Kevin52597
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

you have my thoughts and prayers. best of luck to you man 

#10 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thoughts and prayers from the Great White North!

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#11 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Stay Strong brother!!!
Liddy:-)

#12 justinS94

justinS94
  • LocationCALI

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm fairly new here and don't know many people but I hope the best for you as well as you're family.

#13 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Prayers with you man, your a hockey player stay strong!

#14 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Gotta stay positive Steve, you're going to pull through.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#15 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm not the best at coming up with things to say in these scenarios, but I hope for the best for you Steve. Stay strong buddy and we're all pulling for the best!

#16 steamers11

steamers11
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Steve, you've got a lot of people thinking about you. Stay strong!

#17 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

You definitely are in the right place for support. Keep that fighting spirit, you're going to take this thing down! I will share your story and get some prayers and positive vibes sent your way.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#18 cott1

cott1

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you Steve, the site could only benefit from more stand up guys like yourself. :up:
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#19 peckmic2

peckmic2
  • LocationHill Valley, CA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Prayers are with you my man!

#20 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:14 PM