Photo

Chinese Knockoffs

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Recently, me and one of my buddies are getting offered NXG's for a really cheap price (115$ a piece) and hey why not take it right? Well he broke his, first time using it to. As he sends it to Bauer, they email back pretty much telling him to fuck off a stop sending them Chinese Knockoffs. Have you guys heard of any fake NXG's or is it a local thing (from Ottawa)?

LTB:

• Detroit Red Wings Speedwick L
  • Black Warrior Franchises 14"
  • Martin Erat Stick

#2 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Or have you guys ever experienced with fake sticks? This is honestly something I've never heard of (in the hockey business)

LTB:

• Martin Erat Stick

#3 Brian

Brian

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

If there is something that people buy, there will probably be a replica/fake version on the market as well.

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Fake sticks?

Where are they from?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Ive seen fake golf clubs from china so I wouldn't be surprised if hockey equipment was replicated as well.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#6 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

Search china and hockey gloves. sticks come up as well. I have seen fake rs and total ones.

Who or where or if anyone has bought and selling them I do not know.

#7 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

I doubt Bauer said fuck off don't send us fake sticks.

#8 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

I doubt Bauer said fuck off don't send us fake sticks.

well no shit

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#9 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

^^ Lol

What does the stick look like and stuff in comparison to a "real" one? I've never heard of fake sticks haha

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#10 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I've seen fake x60 they look like plastic

#11 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

I've seen fake x60 they look like plastic

#12 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

I rhink this was already talked about a few months back....

#13 JoshV70

JoshV70
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

A quick search on Alibaba and I found this:

http://www.alibaba.c...er hockey stick

#14 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

I rhink this was already talked about a few months back....

#15 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Fake sticks?
Where are they from?

Some kid I met threw Kijiji who had a "company" from selling stolen sticks. He knew I was around his age so he decides to ask me to "work" with him and he was going to start buying fake sticks from a guy in Toronto.

LTB:

• Martin Erat Stick

#16 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

^^ Lol

What does the stick look like and stuff in comparison to a "real" one? I've never heard of fake sticks haha

Well they nailed the graphics especially with the shitty paint. The shaft is the only giveaway. The fake one had a really thin feel to it and the grip was WAY too grippy. Like it would be hard to move your hand down the stick. The real ones have a thicker shaft and the typical NXG Grip..

LTB:

• Martin Erat Stick

#17 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Yes but the big thing would be online buying to screwed by fake sticks. Visual they look good.

#18 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

If you buy new nxgs for 115$ you're an idiot. If it sounds too good to be true, it isn't.

#19 Rink Rat

Rink Rat
  • LocationStouffville

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

I can also vouch there is a ton of fake sticks out there right now. And have been for a while now. On Kijiji and there is even a guy on ebay selling them out of Quebec. He has sold a bunch, I can't even believe he still has good feedback and is still up there.

I have also been contacted over the last few years by companies offering to make me up sticks. Whatever I like on them. Any graphics. any copies. Not only from China. But from India as well.

There are NXG, APX and now RS2's have been made. Some marked up like North American retail. Some like the European SE's

A few years ago when they first started surfacing they were rough. There are now some pretty good knockoffs. You would have to know your sticks pretty well to see some differences.

I try to meet up with these yahoos as much as I can to see the sticks. And from time to time grab one to show people in the industry or the kids as a warning.

Things to look for that have been pretty consistent in all the fakes.

Fonts. Not the logos. But the stickers. The warranty sticker on the back for sure. And the blade stickers. They don't match the real sticks font. This is the biggest issue I have seen and the easiest way to tell so far quick.

Shafts. Pop out the end and compare it to the stock stick. They are now close. But you will see all the knock offs still have the same shape and it is a bit more squared than the retail.

Paint/ Stickers. Looks good up front. But look for areas that are raised. Or bubbled. Most I have seen have some issues.

As much as the SE is a European model of retail. I have seen a hand full in 4 years that are true, and I have moved thousands of sticks in that time. So I am always skeptic about them. I just saw a car load of fake SE's last week from an ad I responded to. All crap.

And just the generals on the stick. Rib direction and height, shapes on the textreme.... 

Here are a few pics of some NXG that are being sold on ebay, kijiji in Quebec. I actually used one lol. Not a bad stick out of the gate lol. Same weight, ok feel. Shot pretty good. But blade went soft in 2 games and was then a piece of crap. Note the fonts, the spiral tac is the wrong way and raised more. DSC_6953_zps2f342cb1.jpgDSC_6954_zpseaf3c9b1.jpgDSC_6955_zpsf343288c.jpg

DSC_6952_zps5ee46152.jpg

#20 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

I think Bonny sports is the company that makes them.