romdj
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

definitely getting a pair in the next year or so

#22 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

So I've been skating on these for about 10 games and 5 scrimmages and I have to say that I completely love them. The wrap they give you helps so much with the energy transfer, also they have no outsole it's just the boot connected to the holder and steel. I like the low cut of the boot which really allows me to get on my edges much easier. As for the tendon guard it's not as flexible as the mako but it doesn't restrict movement in anyway. Now what really blows me away is the comfort of these skates, they feel like socks. No hot stops no pain at all and because you can adjust the tongues you can really dial them into your liking. Also I have to say that Scott really stands behind his product I have emailed him and called him a ton of times with questions and he's always there to answer everyone. If your on the fence or looking for your next pair definitely check these out you'll be really happy you did.

#23 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

How's blocking shots? I never took one off the mako yet.

#24 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

Do you think they'd build in some extra depth and width for someone with sasquatch feet?
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#25 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

How's blocking shots? I never took one off the mako yet.

Blocking shots I didn't feel anything they're built really well.

#26 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Do you think they'd build in some extra depth and width for someone with sasquatch feet?

Scott does a fully custom boot to your foot, I have depth issues with every skate except these.

#27 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Scott does a fully custom boot to your foot, I have depth issues with every skate except these.

Hmm... Interesting. I'll definitely look into it for my next skates...
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#28 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

for me it has ended my search for future skates. Scott did an amazing job on my custom skate. The heel lock is perfect unlike anything I have ever used before, the wrap is unbelievable. I have let other teammates put them on and they all say the same thing that they can't believe how good of a wrap the skates give you.

#29 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Anyone here using vh hockey skates? I know there's a topic about it on modsquad but wondered if anyone here was using a pair. Ive been thinking about getting a pair of vh or custom bauers maybe both. I'm not a fan of my current skate situation

#30 auditory

auditory
  • Locationflorida

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

There is a thread started somewhere here where one of the members picked up a custom pair. I think it also inspired a few others to order a pair too. Check the search function.

#31 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Waiting for my custom VH's to arrive!! Should be Wednesday!  :headbang:

#32 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Has anyone went with the custom colors? Thinking about picking up a pair within the next month.
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#33 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

For the sake of being completely transparent, I want to add that my right skate recently developed a problem. The copper rivet holding the tendon guard broke (it's now at a 45 degree angle--cutting into my heel). As a result, the tendon guard moves too far back and creates a crease. I'm sending them back to Scott to be fixed and I'll update as soon as I receive the boot... but just want to give a heads up!

wBXwl2s.jpg

4HbPN0q.jpg

#34 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

For those who want some more detailed shots of the VH's...

80uigK2.jpg

BNb59Zf.jpg

KF7i1Yy.jpg

H5vPwjL.jpg

OpK776n.jpggDYdY6r.jpg

10HyWjz.jpgGefVs1v.jpg

Enw6pjv.jpg

dhUY9OF.jpg

#35 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Update: I shipped my skate out on Monday to Scott, he got it by Tuesday, fixed my skate, shipped it back Thursday, then I just received it today, on Monday. Talk about high-quality service and a quick-turn around!

I can say, I stand by this guy and his product. He listens and he delivers. I hope his product becomes more popular in the NHL. It's a great skate, that with a bit of fine tuning, can rival the big 3: Bauer, CCM, Easton.

#36 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

For Sale:

#37 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

Now these are what I call some mutha... kick-ass tongues (my left foot is bigger than my right foot that's why they're two different sizes)!

Huge, huge, huge thanks to Scott and Rob for their hard work. Not only did they create these tongues, but they added some flexible tendon guards and they punched out a part of the boot that was giving me some issues. AND they gave me extra foot beds. This!... This... is what I call customer service for a high-end, top-notch product.

dQ3RIFu.jpg

My babies...

Fwfm8q7.jpg

#38 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:32 AM

These skates look like they were taken out of an Easton Stealth mold. Very sleek and have a nice and very low profile toe box. Fit must be nice and snug all around I would imagine especially if they are custom.

#39 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:11 AM

What's the wait time for a custom pair to be made?
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#40 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

What's the wait time for a custom pair to be made?

when I got mine, turnaround time was about a week and a half