#141 qmc93

qmc93

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

Cyclone Taylor Sports in Vancouver is getting one early July for you BC folks

#142 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

The Hockey Shop in Surrey has a fit shop too. Heading down next weekend to get measured up!

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#143 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

I got mine done at the Hockey Shop a few months ago.

#144 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

Out of curiosity, would you guys who are getting VHs, would you weigh your old skates and your new VHs when you get them? I'm curious how they compare to JetSpeeds, Supremes, etc., at the same size.

#145 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:34 AM

They're slightly heavier. It's not noticeable but it's there.

#146 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

I notice it when i hold the skates, but don't feel any different on the ice.

#147 flip12

flip12

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

I know the reputation is that they're slightly heavier, but I'm curious about actual numbers. It's great to get that from people who are converting from retail skates of all kinds. Then we can get a clearer idea of how much heavier they actually are, as well as how much of it is perception because the boots are denser than Bauer and CCM, assuming the VHs are lower cut than recent CCMs.

#148 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:25 AM

I know the reputation is that they're slightly heavier, but I'm curious about actual numbers. It's great to get that from people who are converting from retail skates of all kinds. Then we can get a clearer idea of how much heavier they actually are, as well as how much of it is perception because the boots are denser than Bauer and CCM, assuming the VHs are lower cut than recent CCMs.

Size 10 Jetspeed= 2lbs
Size 10 gen 1.5 VH = 2 lbs, 3 1/4 ounces

#149 flip12

flip12

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

Size 10 Jetspeed= 2lbs
Size 10 gen 1.5 VH = 2 lbs, 3 1/4 ounces

3.25 oz ≈ 92 grams, so it's not an entirely trivial weight difference.

How about the boot height? Are they cut lower than the JetSpeeds?

I had size 11 MLX and 11 Graf 703's and they were cut to right around the same height. The MLX were closer fitting at the top, though, inhibiting ankle-ROM quite a bit compared to the Grafs.

I don't have the Grafs anymore and the holder sizes were different, so a weight comparison wouldn't have been quite proper anyhow.

#150 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

3.25 oz ≈ 92 grams, so it's not an entirely trivial weight difference.

How about the boot height? Are they cut lower than the JetSpeeds?

I had size 11 MLX and 11 Graf 703's and they were cut to right around the same height. The MLX were closer fitting at the top, though, inhibiting ankle-ROM quite a bit compared to the Grafs.

I don't have the Grafs anymore and the holder sizes were different, so a weight comparison wouldn't have been quite proper anyhow.

Wearing them, I would disagree. The last time I really noticed a performance difference due to skate weight was going from  leather CCM 652's to Bauer One90's. It felt like they were half as heavy.  Going from my APX's to the VH's weight was a non factor.  

#151 flip12

flip12

Posted 14 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

Wearing them, I would disagree. The last time I really noticed a performance difference due to skate weight was going from  leather CCM 652's to Bauer One90's. It felt like they were half as heavy.  Going from my APX's to the VH's weight was a non factor.  

It might not be noticeable, and if that's generally the case, that's what I find interesting. A 10% weight increase still seems significant to me but I'm looking at it from a distance, not owning a pair myself.

#152 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

Just placed my order this morning!  Can't wait to get one of the last pairs of VH skates made before the official rebrand.

#153 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:03 PM

Just placed my order this morning!  Can't wait to get one of the last pairs of VH skates made before the official rebrand.

Looks like you might already see the new true branded tenon guard judging from the recent skates owners have received.  Either way it will look cool.

#154 gsr027

gsr027

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:42 AM

Has anyone bought a pair using both methods (tracings/pictures and then with the scanner)? Just curious to see if people get a better result with the scanner, or if it's generally pretty close with the measurements since they had done it that way for so long. Or maybe with them being with True now, there will be more fit centers and they will only take those measurements since the tracings seem like they would take more time? Guess that's more of a question for folks at True, but wasn't sure if anybody had already asked if they will still take both methods after the cutoff day later this month.

Also, on the True and VH FaceBook pages the pics of the new True branded skates all had the True holders on them so I asked them if that was going to be the standard holder going forward, or if you would be able to pick any holder like you can now. Was told that you either had to get them with the True holder or buy the boot and have any other holders installed locally. I'm assuming if they put that response out, that's correct, but has anybody else heard that as well? And anybody tried the new holder? Would be curious to see how closely the holes line up so that if you gave it a try and wanted to go back to LS or Edge holders if you would have to do all new holes, or if they line up pretty close like the some of the others do.

#155 Adam

Adam

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

You won't be able to order VH skates with another holder. You will be able to order boot only though. Holes line up the same, though I probably wouldn't recommend experimenting holders and putting that kind of strain on the bed of the boot

#156 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

Looks like you might already see the new true branded tenon guard judging from the recent skates owners have received.  Either way it will look cool.

we ordered my gf's skates in mid-May and they arrived in something like 2 weeks and had the True tendon guard.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#157 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:03 PM

we ordered my gf's skates in mid-May and they arrived in something like 2 weeks and had the True tendon guard.

Yes, your gf's skates were the ones I was referring to.

#158 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

I'm gonna order up once they officially become True for no other reason than I like the True logo lol

#159 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

I'm already in love...

PAMSfgv.jpg

#160 cjprit

cjprit
  • LocationHampton Roads

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

Nice! I'm definitely considering a pair of True/VH skates for my next pair!

IG:craigjprit