Photo

True/VH Hockey skates

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#161 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Welcome to the club, once you go VH, you ain't ever going back!

#162 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Looks awesome! Should see mine next week. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#163 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

Posted these in recent pick ups, but whoring them out here too! 

nmV0XEVh.jpg

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#164 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:07 PM

I pickep up a pair of VH skates todays at the Habs sale.

Made for Jeff Petry.

Couples questions:

1. The size seems perfect for me. Getting my foot into the skates is quite painful, but once in they fit well. Once they are baked to my foot, will I always have that problem?

2. One of the tendon guards is broken, I can get a VH tendon guard?

gallery_1_1181_1303971.jpg

gallery_1_1181_1173709.jpg

gallery_1_1181_961607.jpg

Crack tendon guard

gallery_1_1181_1162470.jpg

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#165 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:12 PM

I pickep up a pair of VH skates todays at the Habs sale.

Made for Jeff Petry.

Couples questions:

1. The size seems perfect for me. Getting my foot into the skates is quite painful, but once in they fit well. Once they are baked to my foot, will I always have that problem?

2. One of the tendon guards is broken, I can get a VH tendon guard?

Nice pick-up Dupes.

From experience I can tell you that getting your foot in will almost always be painful, but you do get used to it... if you go on the VH website they have some tricks. One is that you angle the skate 90 degrees to your foot and then twist the skate to put them on. You can also put some tissue in the ankle area when baking to leave the top a little more open. Last thing, don't tie the skate too tight when baking or you'll have a lot of trouble putting them on.

As for the tendon guard, I believe they replace everything, but it might be different with purchasing pro stocks. Im sure they can do it, but I assume they'd charge you. 

#166 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

They will send you true tendon guards for free. Just email them. Tim did that on pair of CGY pro stocks and they shipped him some for free (those skates are mine now haha).

#167 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

I found this video to put them on :y

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#168 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

i have a couple friends who just picked up these wheels just recently. Both have complained about the difficulty of putting the skate on. I'm guessing because it's so well fitted to your foot that there's not a lot of room for insertion. 

Would love to try these out, but bauer vapor line has always fit me so well so i don't really have a reason to switch. I will add that the friends of mine that have gone to these skates are ones that have shrek'ish feet. Weird bones spurs, oddly shaped feet that they haven't been able to fit in any other brands or models. They have gone to these ones after doing the scans at their lhs. Average wait time was 4-6 weeks after they receive the order. They swear they won't go back to another skate after using them. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#169 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:08 AM

When I first received my skates I couldn't even fit my foot in them. Was worried they screwed up. After I baked them they fit perfectly. I also take out top two laces and loosen the laces up so the tongue is not even in the boot. Makes it easy to put on and take off.
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#170 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:22 PM

When I first received my skates I couldn't even fit my foot in them. Was worried they screwed up. After I baked them they fit perfectly. I also take out top two laces and loosen the laces up so the tongue is not even in the boot. Makes it easy to put on and take off.

^^^^This, I do the same as well.

#171 Butter88

Butter88

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:24 PM

Curious as to how they choose your size? I understand there's a scan but does the scan cover your size also? Or just the shape of your foot?

#172 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:13 PM

There is a bunch of measurements that go along with the scan which will determine your size.  I believe the scan is also scaled to tell you the complete dimensions of your feet.  When they do the scan make sure they do the traditional measurements too.

#173 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

They also ask for previous skate size and base it off that as well

#174 rusty88

rusty88
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

You could also use your blade holders as a gauge for your sizing as well.  I've also been 272/271 Bauer/CCM so if they put like 263 or like 280 then i know it'll be off. 

#175 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Something I've been noticing with True skates (I actually just ordered a pair recently) is that it seems like some pairs are being made with an extra "cup" on the heel and some are made without it (see any pair of True skates with True Holders for reference). 

The trend I THINK I'm seeing is that if you go with a True/Step Holder they put in a 'heel cup'; if you go Tuuks they don't? Can anyone confirm, or perhaps this is more based on your foot shape? You can see on Instagram that most True skates with Tuuks don't have this heel cup. 

Wondering because I've pulled the trigger on an order but intend to put Tuuks on as soon as I receive them - checking if I need to reach out to True before it's too late. 

#176 Adam

Adam

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

whoever placed your order should have written on the sheet whether or not you were going to use True holders or not have holders mounted.

#177 bluhmd

bluhmd
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Does the heel cup actually do anything? Looks like it's just a piece of branding from True. It appears that it just attaches above the holder, and would need the holder with rivits in it to stay in place, it doesn't look like it's part of the actual mold. It's probably off the non True/VH holders for this reason.

#178 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

Following up on my tendon guard issue.

I was able to replace both, its actually an upgrade from the VH tendon guards. :y

gallery_1_1181_355449.jpg

gallery_1_1181_488268.jpg

gallery_1_1181_144325.jpg

#179 VinDeez

VinDeez
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

Anyone notice a difference between the new holders or using Tuuks on them? I'm used to Tuuks on my 1xs but thinking of picking up a pair of VH.

#180 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

Both pairs of my VH have tuuks on them, would recommend.