Photo

CCM U+Pro Shoulder Pads

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I know these pads are very popular here are the forum. PHL has them for 90 bucks. How is the quality and what makes them better then other shoulder pads? I can't try them on because they only have stock online. Do they fit similar to the bauer vapor series. I have that and I liked it alot. I recently purchased the x7.0 shoulders but I hated them. To bulky. Are these shoulder pads very easy to move in? 

Thanks Guys

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me

#2 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Couple of threads that have people talking about em:

HFBoards recommend me some shoulder pads thread

Review on em by the same guy from the HFBoards thread

I picked up a pair of medium U+Pros a few weeks ago. They fit me very well at 5'9" 150 lbs. The shoulders seem kinda weird to move in, but I only had em on for a bit and they've been sitting in storage awaiting the upcoming hockey season.

For Sale:

#3 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Without reading weight is the key sale for u+ protective.

#4 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Without reading weight is the key sale for u+ protective.

I dont understand? I am 5"7 150 Ibs

#5 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I dont understand? I am 5"7 150 Ibs

I think he meant how heavy the pads weigh, but he is incorrect. That is the main selling point for the new Crazy Light line, not the U+ Pro line.

For Sale:

#6 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

I think i might go with the fit 09 cause they are less bulky

#7 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Sorry

Without reading, weight is the key sale for u+ protective.

#8 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

I have them I love them there the best shoulders ive used. The straps are super long I had to shorten them but there great and light also very protective. I got mine for $40 at the Michigan Sale

#9 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

how is the mobility pa puck. MOstly looking for a cheap shouldfer pad that is very mobile but has a little bit of protection

#10 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

how is the mobility pa puck. MOstly looking for a cheap shouldfer pad that is very mobile but has a little bit of protection

The U+Pro is a tank. I feel like I could go through a wall with em on. NHLers use the retail version of the pad (which says something in its own right). The mobility seems pretty solid. If you want something for like shinny or beer league this probably isn't what you're looking for.

For Sale:

#11 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

ok what do you recommend for mobility then. PLease dont say the sherwood those are like paper

#12 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

What do you play? League, beer? Asking facts on an item makes sense. Asking what to wear should be your own preference.

#13 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

I play house leaugue, We took out contact so there isnt really a point of wastin 250 bucks on a good shoulder pad.

#14 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

The mobility is great I think not too bulky at all.

#15 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

I play house leaugue, We took out contact so there isnt really a point of wastin 250 bucks on a good shoulder pad.

I bought mine for house league :). I mean they are crazy protective, but they aren't bulky per say. They are low profile and look pretty small. The Fit09s are probably a good idea.

For Sale:

#16 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

I've got Fit 07's for beer league, they are great.

#17 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

I agree with Bleafer and Monty -- the Fit09s or Fit07s would be good. I have the U+Pro's and I like the way they fit and that they are low profile but they also have a neat feature, the stretch material between the shoulders and bicep protector keeps the pads from constantly bumping into your elbow pads and pushing the elbows down your arms.

#18 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

do they fit similar to the vapor series

#19 PAPuck45

PAPuck45

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

If your playing house you don't really need top of line shoulder pads if you aren't really checking. If you have the money and want to go ahead buy maybe like fit 07 or U12 something like that maybe.

#20 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

I've worn the Pros and the Fit09s, and frankly, didn't see too much of difference of them when they were on.  They're both good, protective pads.  I think they are pretty low profile and fit more vest-like (if that makes sense) than a lot of other shoulder pads. 

As for the protection levels necessary for whatever level you're playing at, I think that's a personal decision.  I take worse slashes playing against worse players because they equate defense with slashing the hell out of you and/or your stick.  I've taken worse hits from the guys who can't really stop and probably saved myself countless stitches from errant sticks from bad players because I've stuck to wearing a cage.  In many cases it isn't me that I'm worried about, its the other guy who thinks there are scouts out there watching him at midnight on a Friday.  I'm also not sure how old you are, but as someone who has gotten older, let me tell you, bumps, bruises, pulls and strains don't heal as fast as they used to.