Photo

What is the most exciting hockey game you have ever watched?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 KOVALCHUKFAN7117

KOVALCHUKFAN7117

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

I thought this would be a fun topic to post because I am looking to see what people's thoughts are on the most exciting hockey games they've watched. I did post this in NHL Talk but you can put any international games that were exciting.

Three that I can think of real quick are.
Flyers vs penguins 6ot game.
Canada vs russia from this year bronze medal game and then finally,
I forget the exact game but it was oilers vs mighty ducks of Anaheim from the playoffs a few years back but in the third period the game was back and forth until the buzzer.

#2 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Sharks-stars game 6 conference finals in 2003 (I think). The game with the famous Nabokov save on Richards in OT. One of the best goaltending duals I've ever seen, Turco and Nabby were absolutely otherworldly.

#3 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Wings and avalanche during there feud which I believe was '96-'97 when Roy fought both Vernon and ozzy. Just insane!
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#4 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Sharks-stars game 6 conference finals in 2003 (I think). The game with the famous Nabokov save on Richards in OT. One of the best goaltending duals I've ever seen, Turco and Nabby were absolutely otherworldly.

This is a good choice! LOVED that game.

Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

I cant remember the year(2007 maybe?), but the Habs came back from 1-3 against the Bruins in the

playoffs and I was at the Bell Center for game 7.

I also attended the Finale of the IIHF World Championship in Quebec in 2008.

Not a game, but I was invited to the NHL Party after the skills competition in Ottawa 2 yrs ago, craziest night of my life :LOL:

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I've got two; game 7 1996 Detroit vs St. Louis and Hurricanes vs Devils game 7 2009. I remember staying up late watching the Wings take it in double OT, I was 12 and this is what made me realize my love for hockey. And then the comeback that the Canes put on at the end of their game was intense as ever, Brodeur was mad as hell too!

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#7 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Canada vs. US 2010 Olympics was fun to watch. One of my favorite childhood memories was watching Game 6 of the 2003 Finals when Kariya got knocked out and came back with that clapper. Also game 1 of the second round when we beat Dallas in 3ot i believe

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#8 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Isn't the most spectacular of games. But the best one that I was present for was the Pens vs Islanders game when Johnson fought Dipietro.

-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#9 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

As a Boston fan, this one wasn't bad

file_zps39514e60.jpg

This one was pretty sweet as well...
file_zpsf7ad1816.jpg

And finally, for all but a few in the stands, this one was not so exciting - but for a few of us, it was great, even if the result was hardly in doubt.
file_zpse4af5ab8.jpg

file_zps6f25fad4.jpg

#10 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

1996 World Cup of Hockey best of 3 final, game 3 US v. Canada.  Might have just been the crowd of drunken hockey players I was with at a party, but I recall the game being very entertaining with the US coming back from being down a goal to score 4 unanswered goals in the third and take it.

#11 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I was at every Canada game during the 2010 Olympics. As much as I enjoyed the USA final, the quarters against Russia had the most energy in the building

#12 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Canada vs. US 2010 Olympics was fun to watch.

Yep, agreed despite being American. Id also like to say 2008 game 5 (I think) of the Stanley cup finals, wings vs. pens. Talbot ties it up in the dying seconds, and in the third ot petr sykora tells Pierre he's gonna score the gw, while Pierre bashes his performance during the game. Few shifts later, sykora takes a slapper from the top of the circles and beats osgood. Awesome game

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#13 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

I was at every Canada game during the 2010 Olympics. As much as I enjoyed the USA final, the quarters against Russia had the most energy in the building

Just watched this again online earlier today, the crowd was insane, Russians couldnt get anything done. 

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#14 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Ooops. 

#15 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Game 7; Chicago vs. Detroit this year. Best game I've ever been to in my life.

#16 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Can't have been 2003 if it was Richards - he won the Conn Smythe with TB in 2004, then there was the lockout.

I've got two; game 7 1996 Detroit vs St. Louis and Hurricanes vs Devils game 7 2009. I remember staying up late watching the Wings take it in double OT, I was 12 and this is what made me realize my love for hockey. And then the comeback that the Canes put on at the end of their game was intense as ever, Brodeur was mad as hell too!

I totally agree about the Canes game. That was a beauty. I thought of that one after the Hawks game six comeback in this year's Final. 

#17 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Can't have been 2003 if it was Richards - he won the Conn Smythe with TB in 2004, then there was the lockout.

I totally agree about the Canes game. That was a beauty. I thought of that one after the Hawks game six comeback in this year's Final. 

I was way off....2008 Conference semi-finals....seems like so much longer ago though.

#18 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Flyers vs Senators
March of '04
Look up highlights on YouTube, game was in Philly and luckily I was there. There were fights left and right and a lot of penalties, one of the craziest games I ever saw.

#19 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'm a die hard bruins fan, bourques cup win felt awesome! Watching him make some awesome games in a bruins jersey.

The cup 2011 was up there!

The game 7 vs leafs well we all know how that went! I was pretty proud to be a Bruins fan and watch that.

#20 Jdawg8

Jdawg8
  • Locationwinnipeg,mb canada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

im going to have to say the Canada vs Russia semi final at the world juniors in 2009 was the most exciting game ive seen.

Eberle tied it up with roughly 5 seconds left and snipes in the shootout

"CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!

I can!

Because of the fact that, Kulikin, iced the puck!"