Photo

pro stock jersey sizing !

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

hey guys i want to order a pro stock practice jersey i normally wear XL in regular jersey !

i got some before 58+ was too big cuz i lost weight what is difference between 58+ and 58 ? i dont like big jersey ..

i ear that 56 is XL/XXL

wanted to know what will be the good size .. i think 3.0 are bigger than first version ?

thanks

max !

#2 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

People seem to have different opinions on sizing around here Max so the answers you get may vary.

I know that the Chelios Jersey I have is a size 56, and if it's only an XL then I'm the fucking tooth fairy, cuz it's literally huuuuuuuuuge !!

Not sure about the pro practice jerseys though. That'll be for the experts on here to decide. :rofl:

#3 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

ok thanks bud ! your chelios jersey is a game worn ?

#4 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Don't think so, but I would say it's authentic or whatever people call it. Put it this way, it looks and feels like the real deal. here's some pics. There's no friggin way this is only an XL, absolutely no way !

IMG410_zps75abec5d.jpg

IMG409_zpsd73c8b7f.jpg

IMG408_zps76c96726.jpg

#5 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

wow nike ? so nice ! jersey was bigger before .. before the reebok edge was made !

#6 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

^^ ya I believe the Reebok Edge is a lot smaller compared to this one. I don't want to say too much about the sizing Max as I'm not exactly sure what is what, I'm just going by what the tags say on the ones i have and also the way they fit me. An XL on me is too tight, I'd be uncomfortable playing in one, no shoulders even. I need an XXL and that's what mine are.

#7 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

size 56 is XXL even in Edge dude, size 58 is XXL with a few inches added on for space but not quite a XXXL

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#8 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

size 56 is XXL even in Edge dude,

That's what I think too bud but I see some people are actually called idiots on here for thinking so. :dunno:

#9 - M

- M

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

58+ is a longer jersey.  When comparing sizes, different manufacturers and materials are not consistent.  A Reebok Edge 1.0 jersey made of X-trafil will be tighter fitting than a Reebok "Edge" 2.0 jersey made mostly of Air-Knit in the same size.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#10 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

It is going to depend on the type of practice jersey you're looking to order. If it is an Edge jersey, the sizing is pretty different between 1.0s and 2.0s. 3.0s are similar to 2.0s but have a different collar. The 1.0 is a narrower cut with longer arms. If you like any room at all in your jerseys, don't get a 1.0.
2.0s are boxier and the sleeves are more normal.
The practice jerseys appearing on eBay lately are 2.0s and 3.0s.

For reference, off the Bruins, and talking only of 2.0s, Chara and Shawn Thornton wear 58+s, Bergeron and Lucic wear 58s. Most of the rest of the Bruins wear 56s. Marchand used to wear a 54, but is now a 56. Savard was a 54. Nobody wears a smaller Edge 2.0 than 54 as far as I know.
58+s are longer in the body and arms than the 58. If I get ambitious and home, I can lay the sizes out on top of each other so you can see the difference.
3.0 sizing is similar, as near as I can tell, with the collars and venting being the differences. I think 3.0s are limited to practice jerseys and are the latest ones.

And none of this correlates to the pre-edge jerseys. A 58 or 58+ in pre-edge RBK is a tent. People wearing 58s in Edge 2.0s can wear a 56 in pre-Edge RBK.

#11 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

Nike must have been using basketball sizing with that thing habs.
Jeeeeez

#12 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

so if 58+ is  was too big 58 regular gonna be big too but not long as 58 + ? so i need 56 ?

#13 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

^^ Hey Max,  I'm around 5'8", stocky build {fuck you guys too :finger:} and I wear a 56, it's got some room but if I was to go down a size I wouldn't have enough room, IMO it's gotta have zero restriction in all areas. I'd say go with the 56 for sure.

#14 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

thanks buddy !

#15 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

Old thread, but had a similar question except about traditional, non-edge jerseys. I have the opportunity to get an authentic jersey of my all time favorite player, mid-90s CCM, size 48. I have no intention of ever wearing this over pads, this would be to wear to games and simply have for my collection.....but I have no idea how big size 48 is.

I'm 5'11" 180, wear sized medium shirts, so I'm thinking I should be okay but thought maybe someone on here would have some input.

#16 - M

- M

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:03 AM

I'm about 5' 9" 150 and a 48 CCM Ultrafil jersey is slightly big on me still.  Be careful when buying these though, lots of fakes on the market right now... especially size 48 CCM.

#17 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

It amazes me how many fakes I see on ebay, and how many people I see wearing them. When I go to a Sharks game, I see just as many fakes as I see real jerseys. It's often so obvious they are fake, though I don't think most people care nearly as much as I do about that type of thing.  

The one I'm looking at I'm 99% sure is legit.  If it is fake, they've covered all of their bases as far as what I look for (I'm a bit obsessed with the details of jerseys, starting when I was a kid in the early 90's, my parents got me replica Wings jerseys and I'd sit there comparing the differences between the replicas and what I'd see in game photos....early signs of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder perhaps?)

Just curious, in the fake size 48 CCM's you've seen, what were some of the things you've noticed?  The jersey I'm looking at, I've noticed: the jersey itself all seams are double reinforced, gussets look appropriate for that era, stitching in the neck area matches, reinforced elbows match in appropriate place, tags for that time period match appropriately, Wings logo stitches to jersey, CCM/NHL logos on bottom hem are applied the way gamers/authentics were back then (vs how they were applied on replicas which was much different).  Fight strap is correct and sewn to jersey the right way (often a dead giveaway). Lettering is good (often a dead giveaway with Wings jerseys, especially the name on the back), applied as I would think it should.  

I even compared it to a Wings game worn jersey from that period (as authentics were much more similar to game worn jersey's back then, at least with CCM), and everything from a jersey construction perspective matches (obviously there isn't a set tag, as I've seen those applied to fakes a lot, too).  

If you have any suggestions on other things to look for, it's greatly appreciated!

#18 - M

- M

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

The fakes are getting better and better at looking like the real thing.  The one thing I've seen consistently on the fakes is how the fight strap is attached to the jersey. 

The fakes are just stitched directly onto the jersey like this.  It's pretty much the same width as the fight strap.

counterfeit_16.jpg?w=450

On the real ones the fight strap should be sandwiched between a piece of twill and the jersey.

auth_5.jpg?w=450

Other things to for is how is the front crest applied to the jersey?  Is it a patch that is sewn on?  (the correct way) or is it embroidered directly onto the jersey? (fakes)

#19 MikeO

MikeO
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I ended up buying it, so I might as well throw up some pics!!!  I thought this info may be useful for others that are looking to authenticate jerseys, so here's what I looked at when distinguishing if it's fake or not:

- All seams are reinforced, including the sleeves (sleeves are almost never reinforced on replicas and fakes). 

- How are stripes applied compared to the real thing (some repilcas and fakes have the white stripe on the sleeve a completely separate piece of fabric sewn to the red pieces, where as authentics/real CCM replicas it was one solid piece of fabric).

- Neck line construction (reinforcements, gaps between neck and shoulder lines, a lot of stitching goes into this area, and you can usually spot differences).

- Underarm gusset construction. When the Wings went to Nike it was a solid white piece, but prior to that it looked like this.  All reinforced

- Size tag is consistent for CCM authentic/game worn jerseys back then (simple little tag sewn into shoulder hem).

- Authentic tag is consistent with that period.

- CCM tag with Made in Canada (I've seen both the Maska tag and CCM tag on legit jerseys from this time).

- Stitching for reinforced eblows are in the right place (upper stitching begins in middle of white stripe).

- Fight strap is legit (compared to game worns and my real practice jerseys, a lot of fake fight straps are thinner and have different lengths)

- Fight strap is sewn to jersey correct way as you mentioned above.

- CCM/NHL shield applied to jersey appropriately (replicas had CCM logo heat pressed or a patch heat pressed, authentic/game worns CCM logo is embroidered in).

- CCM/NHL shield alignment on hem is spot on to game worn from same time period.

- Numbers/Lettering all look good (pretty easy to identify on WIngs jersey as the last names are hard to duplicate), sewn on with quality, correct spacing, number sewn OVER fight strap (I've seen some fakes where fight strap is sewn on after numbers).

The only thing I can't tell from the pics is if the Wings logo is sewn on or not.  It should be....pro jerseys never have logos embroidered into the jersey.  But based on everything else, I'm confident this is a legit jersey.  Steve Yzerman has been my favorite player since I was a little kid, and how I've gone this long without his jersey is beyond me.  So psyched to get this.

Game Worn Wings jersey I did some comparisons to:  http://www.theclassi...play.php?id=162

$(KGrHqF,!pEFIRMYB5h+BSG5PORiog~~60_57.J$(KGrHqZ,!r!FIO1gD(5mBSG5P2unWg~~60_57.J$T2eC16F,!)QE9s3HCoGrBSG5QK27Vw~~60_57.J

#20 sveyland1

sveyland1

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:06 AM

Reviving an old topic....does anyone know if the Reebok Jerseys with the size stitched in white thread on the bottom are Edge Jerseys? Or is it a pre edge much larger size jersey.

Specifically I am looking at this: https://cdn3.bigcomm...80.1280.jpg?c=2

But I am not sure if it will be huge compared to the Edge 3.0 size 56 I wear now. Anyone know?