Photo

Stick Extension Problem

hockey stick extension problem

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys picked up a Bauer Apx and it was a little short so I went to put a extension in it and there is the piece that goes it the stick still stuck in there and i hope its not there forever so if you could does anyone know how to take the little thing out?

#2 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

As in the plastic end cap? A needle nose pliers and some elbow grease should be able to remove it.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#3 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

No there was an Extension that was in there from the guy before me but he cut the stick and the part of the extension that goes in is stil in there

#4 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

cut of the rest and add the 6inch extension

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me

#5 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

Why don't you just heat it up to loosen the glue and use something like a paint can opener to pry it out? The cut-off extension plug is probably a couple inches long at most.

493693d1359952296-instrument-cluster-rem

Edit:  if it is a hollow composite extension.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#6 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

Heat it up and put the plug in a vice grip, tighten and pull.

Heat it up and put the plug in between the door and the wall. Get someone to hold the door so the plug is tight and pull

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#7 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Heat it up and put the plug in a vice grip, tighten and pull.

Heat it up and put the plug in between the door and the wall. Get someone to hold the door so the plug is tight and pull

The part that goes in the stic is there but the actual exstesion is not there so nothing to holed on to

#8 pure_dust

pure_dust

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Drill a screw into the plug to give you something to grasp onto heat it up and use pliers to pull the screw and everything should come out it's worked for me before

#9 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Ok thanks charging up the drill and heating up the glue thanks for the help

#10 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Drill a screw into the plug to give you something to grasp onto heat it up and use pliers to pull the screw and everything should come out it's worked for me before

#11 flyguy1

flyguy1

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

I just did this last week. Drilled a screw and left enough for me to grab with pliers. Heated plug and pulled out .

#12 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Thanks guys what I did was drill a hole right through stuck a aline key in the plug and pulled it out with some heating up

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hockey, stick, extension, problem