Photo

Easton V9E vs V9

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 NjStarsHockey

NjStarsHockey
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

What is the main difference between the two? Is one whippier? Is one mid-kick?

#2 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

One has the elliptical tsper(V9E) one doesnt(V9)

I think the V9 is from the mako line and the V9E is from the stealth RS line.

I could be wrong but that's what I think!
Liddy:-)

#3 NjStarsHockey

NjStarsHockey
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Yea, I know that part but im wondering what elliptical taper and what no elliptical taper does to the stick

#4 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

Yea, I know that part but im wondering what elliptical taper and what no elliptical taper does to the stick

It provides a different type of torque appliead to the shaft.

Taper - The elliptical profile in the taper, made using a proprietary pressure molding process, results in less torsional twist and less loss of energy. The result is a quick release.

This was what they said about the RS stick line.

#5 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

Easton is doing away with the "MAKO" and "Stealth" line. As stated above the V9E is the Stealth replacement with elliptical taper and the V9 replaces the Mako line with a standard taper. 

Both lines have the same exact blade makeup and upper shaft specs. The elliptical taper vs standard taper creates a different flex profile/ flex point. The average player probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference, but after trying both out there is a distinct difference. 

IMO, the V9E will far out sell the V9 series just the the RS line has always outsold the Mako line. 

Companies are realizing they don't need to offer 8 different sticks in 3 flexes and 12 curves. Its not only costly for them but also results in a massive amount of excess inventory they are left over with at the end of the season. 

The new V9 series are only offered in 3 price points and  the most popular curves.

#6 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Easton is doing away with the "MAKO" and "Stealth" line. As stated above the V9E is the Stealth replacement with elliptical taper and the V9 replaces the Mako line with a standard taper. 

Both lines have the same exact blade makeup and upper shaft specs. The elliptical taper vs standard taper creates a different flex profile/ flex point. The average player probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference, but after trying both out there is a distinct difference. 

IMO, the V9E will far out sell the V9 series just the the RS line has always outsold the Mako line. 

Companies are realizing they don't need to offer 8 different sticks in 3 flexes and 12 curves. Its not only costly for them but also results in a massive amount of excess inventory they are left over with at the end of the season. 

The new V9 series are only offered in 3 price points and  the most popular curves.

Does that make you the "above average player" because you did feel the difference? lol Just playing with ya....I agree with this statement though, you can feel the difference the Eliptical will remain there number 1 just as the RS has

#7 NjStarsHockey

NjStarsHockey
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

Alright, thanks guys

#8 zurk89

zurk89
  • LocationHH

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

can you expand more on your use of them? which did you think shot better? were the v9es whippier than rated like past elliptical sticks from easton?

i was a s17 guy but felt the OG RS was terrible. by the time the rsii came out i had gone with the mako line (only used rs2 of a buddies in diff curve).  the first batch of mako 2s (100 flex) i had shot bullets and i could feel the flex without much lean into the shot.  my shot was noticeably better from the mako 1 and it was easily the hardest ive ever shot.  shots had serious heat behind them. the 2nd batch i got felt significantly stiffer than the 100 flex ive played with for forever.  shots arent as hot and it honestly feels like 110+ flex.  from what ive noticed eastons consistency lately has been terrible though.

basically im torn between the two and can't decide which to go for. i loved the s19 but that first batch of mako 2s had great power behind each shot.