Photo

CCM SKATE BREAK IN TIME

skates ccm

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vikingsmtl

vikingsmtl

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Just bought a pair of retail U+CL skates to replace my 9k's that were done.  Have heated them once and worn them now for about 10 hours on the ice and have a huge blister on the inside right foot and the boot still is pretty painful on both feet. 

Has anyone had any experience with these before and can recommend something for speeding up the break in period or can let me know how long it usually lasts.  I am usually good after 5-6 hours and a heating.

Thanks !

#2 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

Are they the correct length/width for your feet? If so, you may want to try a rebake. I had to do it twice with my CL's.

#3 vikingsmtl

vikingsmtl

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Should be, went and got fitted first, ideally I would be a 10 1/4 on right and 10 on left so I got 10's.  Maybe I will try a rebake, how long did it take after before they felt good on the ice ??

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

Its not normal.

Personally, if i skate doesnt fit me weel righ out the box, It never will.

Take them to a store and have them heated and maybe punched.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

The skate may fit right length wise but the overall shape and uniqueness of your foot may not work right for that boot shape, ie. heel width/shape, instep, depth, any growths/calluses

Feet are like snowflakes lol pretty gross little snowflakes, :LOL:  they are all different

#6 Idsnipethat

Idsnipethat

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I also have this problem with my new ccm skates my pain is right on the balls of my feet are yours apart of the u+ line or rbz line?

#7 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Take some pictures of your foot in the skate tied up. Might be a fit issue. Not so much length but I mean the fit of the actual skate

In any case its about 20 hours to break in a skate... But that blister and hurting is not normal.

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#8 vikingsmtl

vikingsmtl

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

So I thought I would give it a few more hours of skating and the last few times have been pain free. I've never actually skated in a CCM boot. It's always been Graf and then reebok so I think it just took some time to get used to. I havnt gotten them heated or punched again yet though. Thanks for all your help.

#9 csmith5888

csmith5888

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

How long did you bake them for? I just got a pair of CCM u+12...basically the same exact skate as the CL. 

The baking instructions from CCM say bake for 1 1/2 minutes at 200 degrees which is complete BS. No chance you are getting a TRUE bake from any skate with a minute and a half of heat.

I baked mine the first time following the instructions of a minute and a half and like i suspected, it was almost exactly like they came out of the box. I skated twice on them and my feet were KILLING ME!!

I decided to let them dry and bake them another time. This time i baked for about 5 minutes at 200 degrees. I laced them up nice a snug. The next night i played open ice and the skates were like a different skate entirely...You really need to get a nice mold in that U-foam to get your ankles and feet locked in the boot and prevent the movement that causes the blistering.

Hopefully this helps a bit for you. Good luck!

#10 vikingsmtl

vikingsmtl

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

I brought them to one of the local shops and they heated them up. They were by far the most painful break in wise I've ever experienced but love them now. I am going to get them baked again to really get the ufoam to mould to my foot.

Let me know how it goes for you but I would head to a local shop and have them heated