Photo

Keep Getting Broken Brand new stick

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 totalone

totalone

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

I've ordered three Easton RS's and every time I get them they are broke the company I bought them tells me I have to go through Easton to get a replacement. Its pretty crappy when I buy 229.99 and I don't get to use them before going in for a warranty. Anyone else ever have this problem?
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#2 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

I've heard tons of people talking about their RSs breaking super quick and easy, and then this story from you - makes me glad I never bought one. But I did get a pro EQ50 dressed as an RS which I really do love. It's possible the best looking stick ever. That and the old green Synergy.

#3 totalone

totalone

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

I didn't even get to use them yet they broke while in shipping.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#4 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Where on the stick are they breaking?

#5 totalone

totalone

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

one on the blade and two on the shaft
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#6 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'd try ordering form a different place man. I've had tons of sticks shipped to me and never had a problem. I just don't see how a stick would snap while being shipped.

#7 totalone

totalone

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

all three are from different places. Three big name companies. This is the first problem I've ever had.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#8 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Whoa, thats weird

#9 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

Where did you order them from?
I would take my business somewhere, broken during transport is the sellers responsibility.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#10 totalone

totalone

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

One from Hockey monkey, one from Hockey Overstock and one from Peranis.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#11 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

One from Hockey monkey, one from Hockey Overstock and one from Peranis.

Tried Ice Warehouse yet? They have amazing customer service and have yet to screw up any of my orders in my 4 years of buying from them.
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#12 totalone

totalone

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

I was thinking about it. I just finally got an email from Hockey monkey and they are going to send me out a new one right away. Hopefully its not broke.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#13 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hockey Monkey is usually pretty good so I'm glad they are trying to help you out. There's a Hockey Monkey about 5 min from me and in the future if you ever want something I can swing in grab it and ship it for you. Never ha a stick break that I've shipped before lol

#14 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

I bought my son a jr. RS and he used it 3 times and the blade just turned into moosh!!!!! If you were to look at the stick you'd think it's bran spankin new' but wen you take the blade in your hands and flex it,she sounds like crap!! I phoned Easton and gave them an earful!!!! Specially when I'm paying 200+ for something with a 30day warranty & it's used 3x!! I told them I want my $ back or a replacement for my replacements because their blades are always shit!!! Il be a warrior guy myself but my son wanted it for Xmas cuz of its looks!! He knows better now :( I also told them how crap their eq 50s must be when every NHLr has a paint over stick which really gets kids pumped up thinking their using somthing their idol is using when really its not !!!(really weights in the blade and butt end!) "JUNK!!! Easton is such a terrible Co. To deal with!!!!

#15 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Warrior is actually notorious for having terrible durability, surprised you havent had an issue with them

#16 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

I find it strange that all your sticks are arriving broken, do you think there is a possibility your carrier is at fault?

Easton have always been know for being beasts in durability, my original ST shaft is just now feeling a bit too whippy after 4-5 years.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#17 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

I bought my son a jr. RS and he used it 3 times and the blade just turned into moosh!!!!! If you were to look at the stick you'd think it's bran spankin new' but wen you take the blade in your hands and flex it,she sounds like crap!! I phoned Easton and gave them an earful!!!! Specially when I'm paying 200+ for something with a 30day warranty & it's used 3x!! I told them I want my $ back or a replacement for my replacements because their blades are always shit!!! Il be a warrior guy myself but my son wanted it for Xmas cuz of its looks!! He knows better now :( I also told them how crap their eq 50s must be when every NHLr has a paint over stick which really gets kids pumped up thinking their using somthing their idol is using when really its not !!!(really weights in the blade and butt end!) "JUNK!!! Easton is such a terrible Co. To deal with!!!!

Thats weird, Im personally will take Easton over Warrior sticks any day. :)
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#18 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

I tried a warrior last season. I loved it, but it snapped too easily and I haven't gone back. #easton4life

Hung Like A GeeGee

#19 timdog

timdog

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

I was a big Easton guy back in my day' I use to work for Bauer making wooden hockey sticks in Cambridge ont. I actually worked in the pro shop making custom sticks for NHLers. They would send in their twigs and we had to match their curves(a real pain in the ass sometimes!) but anyway the 1st 1 piece I've ever seen rolled into are proshop, it was the silver synergy but this 1 was diffeent' it actually had a grip coating on it(which eventually turned out to be the gold retail model)and it was Sydors twig( Dallas Star at time),my height & curve so I had to try it & fell in love with it!! Guys at work were pissed I wasn't using a Bauer but I didn't care I loved it and used it faithfully. I could not get any ops from that point on so I bought the new SI-Core model when it came out which was ok' great graphics but performance was ok but I stuck with them cuz their drury curve was the bomb and loved the feel. As time went on and newer models came out like the black & red "stealth" appeared I was hooked!!! As their sticks got lighter I found the blades just kept turning into moosh!!! I sent so many back that they eventually told me they were not going to give me anymore replacements even with the reciept..... So I had it out with them and went back to Bauer which I really did not like at the time..... So since then I've kinda bin an Easton hater due to the terrible customer service. I still have a few connections in the business & try their stuff time to time but I told myself I would not buy their product, but my 10 year old son wanted the RS cuz the big boys all got em and it matches his tiger uniform & sure enuf im going thru the same crap I did over 10 years ago with their friggen blades!!! If you don't know what I mean then take an Easton blade by the heel and grab the toe & flex it & listen to that crunchy sound & you will know what I mean.

#20 timdog

timdog

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

Seriously half of you guys out there may think your sticks are not broken but do the test' grab it from heel to toe and flex blade in the middle.. If it crunches it pooched!! ST's seem to be fine for the most part but give it a try!!!