Photo

"Real" Jerseys

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

So a guy at one of my local rinks can order any NHL jersey for pretty cheap, and he says they're authentic jerseys and that they order them from the Reebok factory overseas where NHL teams get their jerseys from. I know that NHL teams order blank jerseys and put the logos and names and numbers on themselves, but you can order these with names and numbers on them.  He is responsible for ordering jerseys for the club team that plays out of the rink, and their jerseys are NHL jerseys with a different logo, so it seems legit. I've seen the jerseys that people have gotten and they seem pretty authentic, fight strap and everything, but i'm no expert.  Anyone know if these could be legit jerseys or are they the normal China fakes? 

Thanks,

Greg

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#2 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hard to say unless we see a few pics...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#3 Moose

Moose

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

If its cheap ... It's cheap.
Real jerseys with name and numbers in the low end would run you 130-150 retail. Authentic ones with fight strap etc more than double that. Chances are they are Chinese knock offs.
Mind you, I've had some good rip offs and some not so good ones.

#4 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Jerseys worn by NHL'ers (game and practice) are made in Canada, unless something has changed VERY recently.

Blank NHL colored jerseys are made in Indonesia, and nowhere near authentic quality.

Like Moose says, if you buy a cheap jersey, expect a cheap jersey.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#5 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

If you're using "real" in quotes, then you've already really got your answer.  Especially coupled with the word "cheap."

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

A lot of people sell those, they all say the same stories.

They are counterfeits jerseys for sure.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 dmare13

dmare13
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Greg, they're fake bud.  I bought a Datsyuk jersey from Jeremy, the font was wrong and the logo was slightly off.  They do a pretty good job on other jerseys I've seen tho.  Good for the cheap price, but not authentic

Always looking for some Nasty Toe Curves in a Righty

#8 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

Thanks boys thats what i thought

#9 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

ANYONE selling authentic jerseys, fully named and numbered, for less than $400 brand new is selling counterfeit jerseys. Just look closely, the differences are clear. The more complex the logos and patterns are, the easier it is to notice too. I can tell a Canucks rip off in one second. A Leafs might be harder. Moral of the story, as was said before, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. 

#10 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Anyone paying more than 10$ for a Canucks jersey is getting ripped-off...  :P

I DID see a few authentic 7187 EDGE jerseys for around 150$ with the vector logo on the upper back, those are real but the price got lowered because of the switch made by Reebok

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#11 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

I saw that you commented and before I read the comment I thought, he made some Canucks joke. And sure enough. You're a one trick pony.

#12 - M

- M

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Greg, sounds like your local rink is dealing with Chinese fakes.  When NHL teams order jerseys from Reebok they already have the logos on them, they do not add them on themselves.  With pro jerseys, Reebok does not crest them with names and numbers from factory.  The teams all contract out third party companies to do their name and number kits.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#13 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

Greg, sounds like your local rink is dealing with Chinese fakes.  When NHL teams order jerseys from Reebok they already have the logos on them, they do not add them on themselves.  With pro jerseys, Reebok does not crest them with names and numbers from factory.  The teams all contract out third party companies to do their name and number kits.

Exactly.  Unless something has changed recently, the Bruins go above and beyond and even have their customizer replace the spoked-B on the chest of the sweater because the factory crest isn't quite right.  Maybe that is where you heard that teams add the crests themselves?

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#14 - M

- M

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Reminds me of the official unveiling of the Utica Comets jerseys.

BMvVYumCAAA1nlS.jpg-large.jpeg

Not only did they just take off the Canucks Orca, they forgot to remove the NHL shield.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#15 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

Wow, that is pretty bad!  I guess they were too busy negotiating a location for the team at the time to come up with a jersey design.

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#16 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

I've seen some good fakes but have seen a lot of very bad fakes.

#17 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

For some reason I thought NHL teams added the logos themselves, these come with everything including player names and yeah they're fakes haha

#18 greghughes

greghughes

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

For some reason I thought NHL teams added the logos themselves, these come with everything including player names and yeah they're fakes haha

#19 AussieCanuckHockeyLover

AussieCanuckHockeyLover

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

The Canucks website has a really good guide on how to tell fakes. Their tips pretty much go for any NHL team. 

#20 Trumanperro

Trumanperro

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

NHL Jerseys are all made in Canada.  Even what are sold as "authentics" are replicas and the RBK and Reebok edge that were made in Canada were of awesome quality, the shit that comes from Indonesia now is not worth anyone's time.  Better to buy game worn.