Photo

RULES PROPOSAL

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

as this forum seems to growing rapidly and more and more new members posting items for sale, i have a proposal for a rule that could help prevent good people getting ripped off. i suggest that all listings require a picture of the item for sale with a piece of paper with the sellers username in the picture, simiar to what some people do on ebay. what do you guys think?

#2 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

100% agree with this.

#3 pdub

pdub
  • LocationBrantford, Ontario

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

as this forum seems to growing rapidly and more and more new members posting items for sale, i have a proposal for a rule that could help prevent good people getting ripped off. i suggest that all listings require a picture of the item for sale with a piece of paper with the sellers username in the picture, simiar to what some people do on ebay. what do you guys think?

it wont let me post the picture of my s19 pure, it says that the photo is too large or something?

#4 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

I like it.
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#5 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Great idea

#6 darklight616

darklight616

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

I like it too.

#7 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Not a bad idea at all

#8 Kovy71

Kovy71
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Agreed

#9 Buffalo boy

Buffalo boy
  • LocationBuffalo

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

I agree. I didnt protect myself in this situation though boys. I saw the light but stood on the track anyway trying to score the prize instead of using

my noggin. I still think this is a good solution for photos in the for sale section though
Go Sabres!

#10 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

This is the only forum I buy/sell on that doesn't require this exact rule. I couldn't agree with this implementation more!

We still have to be smart and protect ourselves of course.

#11 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

it wont let me post the picture of my s19 pure, it says that the photo is too large or something?

all you need to do is make your picture smaller. you can do it several different ways. if you're not sure how just Google it.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#12 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

this is why I always post pictures of my listings in two settings:

On my shaggy 70s carpet, or on my leather computer chair.

You may notice this, I could even add a water mark I suppose.

I do wish we could have a better method of selling items in the sense of who actually gets to buy it.

Several times I have posted first on the thread that I will buy the item and ready to pay, even on the other forums, yet is somehow sold to someone else.

It needs to be fair, if someone wants to buy your item at your price you are asking, you should sell it to them.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#13 potatoclock39

potatoclock39

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

i like this idea a lot

#14 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Savants: a lot of times I just directly PM the seller without ever commenting on the actual thread. I would imagine that's what happens most of the time

#15 uclahockey707

uclahockey707

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Savants- Yeah buddy, I email most guys directly or text them, I don't usually use the board directly for sales purposes too much.

#16 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

i have no idea how to add a water mark but on mine i always try to post in the same format, same user name in every site, same username for photobucket and well...most know me here, but i love this idea, i have no problem with it

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#17 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

this is why I always post pictures of my listings in two settings:

On my shaggy 70s carpet, or on my leather computer chair.

You may notice this, I could even add a water mark I suppose.

I do wish we could have a better method of selling items in the sense of who actually gets to buy it.

Several times I have posted first on the thread that I will buy the item and ready to pay, even on the other forums, yet is somehow sold to someone else.

It needs to be fair, if someone wants to buy your item at your price you are asking, you should sell it to them.

True it's only fair that the 1st one to ask about the time be the 1st to have the chance to buy it or not...but also the 1st one to ask about needs to know there r other ppl waiting to buy and u shouldn't take all day and the seller wants to sell so I'm sure there a way to make it happen. That's how we can grow
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#18 wooeleven

wooeleven

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

The sad thing is that we are all trying to be friends on this forum... An now in order to not get screwed here we have to post more rules... I am sure we have all been burned to some degree or another by douchebags on other sites... The thing that I loved about this forum was that there was none of that... There was patience and interest in keeping it about the gear and sharing with each other... Dupes has put together a great place for us all to talk and connect over gear that we are all obsessed with... Instead of making him edit posts, or create more limitations on the goings on of this site, why don't we do some self policing... I love the idea of the pictures, but there are times when people don't have cameras and what not... So... I suppose exceptions can be made... I just want to let everyone know that I appreciate everyone who is here talk and share about gear and not just to buy and sell stuff...

#19 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

The sad thing is that we are all trying to be friends on this forum... An now in order to not get screwed here we have to post more rules... I am sure we have all been burned to some degree or another by douchebags on other sites... The thing that I loved about this forum was that there was none of that... There was patience and interest in keeping it about the gear and sharing with each other... Dupes has put together a great place for us all to talk and connect over gear that we are all obsessed with... Instead of making him edit posts, or create more limitations on the goings on of this site, why don't we do some self policing... I love the idea of the pictures, but there are times when people don't have cameras and what not... So... I suppose exceptions can be made... I just want to let everyone know that I appreciate everyone who is here talk and share about gear and not just to buy and sell stuff...

i agree 100%. Ive sold a couple pairs of gloves, a stick and a jersey but most of the stuff i post on here is chat gear related and its just a chill place to talk to people who know gear. i just saw the post about people getting ripped off recently and its honestly disgusting. I know most people who have been on here for a while know who the regular posters are, this idea was more aimed at the guys who post stuff for sale with 2 posts to their record or something like that. Nevertheless happy to see there is some decent support from the forum

#20 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

I agree 100% and when it comes time to sell something I'll have no problem proving that what Im selling is exactly what I say it is. I hate seeing honest people being taken advantage of since this is such a good place to learn about and discuss gear.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif