greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

definitely will be following this

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#42 Matt

Matt

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

If Gus has some photos of custom options we could make him a busy man!

#43 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

If Gus has some photos of custom options we could make him a busy man!

They are not like Warrior at all. Honestly, they can work with you to make what you want/need. It is not picking from a list al a carte, it is made to order.  The cuff that I am having put on is a heavily modified Hossa cuff that was something I dreamed up (concerning modifications to the under side of the cuff). 

Warrior's gloves have a good deal of "bling" they're flashy and pretty to look at.  But, the impression I am getting is the Eagle cares much more about the quality of their product compared to simply worrying about how it looks. The impression I got was they wanted it to be MY glove.

#44 Matt

Matt

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

They are not like Warrior at all. Honestly, they can work with you to make what you want/need. It is not picking from a list al a carte, it is made to order. The cuff that I am having put on is a heavily modified Hossa cuff that was something I dreamed up (concerning modifications to the under side of the cuff).

Warrior's gloves have a good deal of "bling" they're flashy and pretty to look at. But, the impression I am getting is the Eagle cares much more about the quality of their product compared to simply worrying about how it looks. The impression I got was they wanted it to be MY glove.

Interested to see how they turn out. I've a few pairs of PPF mitts & like them apart from the finger length, some customs may be on the cards

#45 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Do you think the fingers are too long?

#46 Matt

Matt

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yep. I suffer from a rare disorder known as midget hands

#47 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

I have that problem too. when I order my custom Eagles I'm definitely going -1/4" on the fingers which is something Warrior wouldn't do for me.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#48 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

I actually have the same problem with my eagles. I dont know if the fingers are too loglng but it feels like the slide down a bit

#49 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

I have the opposite problem- even the 14.5" glove fingers are about  1/4" too short... kicking around the idea of ordering a pair when my current eagles wear out. 

#50 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

aka Reddenitis

#51 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

4-6 Weeks

I really wanted to do this as a test to be the guinea pig for S2K. So far, I couldn't be happier with how things have worked out. In 4-6 weeks I will compare the gloves that I have ordered to my custom Warriors, as well as a complete breakdown of the process and my thoughts on Eagle .vs. Warrior Custom Glove Experience.

Eagle experience is phenomenal, I ordered a pair of X51's in October and had them in 5 weeks. Pretty basic specs on mine see below. I just used Gus to do a custom girdle shell for my 9K and that experience was again fantastic 5 week turnaround any option you can think of for shells and pants I would imagine. As far as customer service goes they are unbelievably down to earth and are willing to give you the pro experience I can't say enough good things about Eagle and dealing with them. 

Specs:

X51 Branded PPF

Angled backroll

Portafino and Carbon Pens Colors

+1/4" Fingers

- 1/4" Side gussets 

Digi palms with overlay 

Contoured palm with x70 patterns

MSH3 Black gussets 

Savard cuff -1" 

Name embroidered 

no lock thumb 

X70 mid thumb

X72 Split fingers

Small Beak

Two-Tone logo 

2013-11-24175537_zpse09edd45.png

There's a few pairs of customs I have. The bottom 2 are CP94 cooke specs. 

So +1 for Eagle!

#52 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

JLP - could you measure the length of the middle finger for me? I'm curious if +1/4" would be long enough for my E.T. fingers... thanks

#53 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Eagle just told me no to 3 piece fingers. Don't know if others got the same response.

#54 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I think it also has to do with the model glove as well. Some models you can modify more than others

#55 larrivee

larrivee

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

They still have the dies for the x50/51? Holy shit. One of my favorite gloves ever. 

Member Number 30

#56 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

really nice gloves JLP

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#57 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

i would love LOVE, to post my custom eagles i got in December, but I traded them after one use.  I needed a goalie mask and got offered a new Sportsmask so I asked the guy hwat he wanted and he requested my eagles.  (he liked the specs i got)

They were rad

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#58 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

post them anyway fuggit

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#59 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

whoa, take it easy whoa, cake eater.

I'll find a pic

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#60 special blend

special blend
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Beauty customs JLP.
Do you have pics of the 9k shell they made for you?