Photo

Eagle Hockey Custom Gloves

• Please log in to reply
955 replies to this topic

#841 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

Grey is not on the customizer in tufftek & Jesse from THS , said they don't offer it in tufftek. really want a grey cuff & backhand. Sent him a mock up  with all portofino. How old are your gloves

as the above said, contact Eagle yourself. I find that there's very little that Eagle won't do for a pair of customs.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#842 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:26 PM

is the cuff roll grey or silver

It's the silver tufftek option from the customizer

#843 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:11 PM

Contacted Kelsey & she said grey is not an option in tufftek. She said they could do it in Nylon. I said to her & Jesse , That I will take the whole glove in Portofino , but for some reason they don't give me a answer on that.

#844 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

Portofino for the cuff roll and thumb with Tufftek backhand and fingers looks classic as well.

#845 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:34 AM

I'm going all portofino. the area's I have to use it ( because no tufftek grey ) are cuff , backhand & roll between thumb & side blocks. checked out portofino gloves on their instagram , they look very Cool & it's pretty tough stuff.

#846 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:50 AM

I love Portofino too. If the backand needs to be that because of the color I’d go 100% Pf as well. Can’t wait to see pictures!

#847 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

Eagle makes a very nice portofino. I'm very interested to see the final gloves. curious to see the difference (other than the obvious) between grey portofino and silver tufftek. I imagine the silver tufftek is just a little brighter.

#848 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:25 PM

Just had custom eagle lowers made , want the grey to match good. The silver will be too light. the plan is to have Jesse put order in Tomorrow.gallery_1862_1458_253349.jpg

#849 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:08 AM

I love Portofino too. If the backand needs to be that because of the color I’d go 100% Pf as well. Can’t wait to see pictures!

Hey Guy's , The gloves are done & on the way to Jesse. X905's - 13's , + 1/4 fingers , - 1/4 gusset's , all portofino ( because they don't have grey in tufftek ) Can't wait to check out fit.                                                                                             gallery_1862_1430_39400.jpg

#850 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

those look great!

#851 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:05 PM

saw these on Eagle's IG. I drooled .... Great looking glove. 

#852 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:11 AM

Eagle makes a very nice portofino.

Buys a very nice Portofino, not makes. 😁

#threadcloser

#853 rover

rover
  • LocationNy

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

mitts
Just got word from Jesse my new mitts are ready. Can't wait!

#854 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:53 PM

Old School , Very nice.

#855 Dblock16

Dblock16

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:55 AM

Anyone know what the widest glove Eagle makes is? Thinking it’s either X844 or CP94?

#856 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

The X844 & X905 are pretty much the same glove , the 905 has angled backhand rolls. Both have classic high volume fit. I have a pair of X844's in size 14 , very loose fit. Did not want that last order , went with X905's size 13 w / + 1/4 finger length , worked out great.

#857 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:43 PM

After about 20 beer league games, one of the digital palms on my customs are starting to tear at the seam between the pinky and ring fingers. I know digital doesn't last as long as other palms, but I've never had this happen with a half dozen or so other pairs of gloves I've had with digital palms.

gallery_771_1049_2452840.jpg

#858 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

I’ve had it happen like that before. Sucks but worth it if you like the palm

#859 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:13 AM

Happened to me before too.

#860 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:53 PM

After about 20 beer league games, one of the digital palms on my customs are starting to tear at the seam between the pinky and ring fingers. I know digital doesn't last as long as other palms, but I've never had this happen with a half dozen or so other pairs of gloves I've had with digital palms.

gallery_771_1049_2452840.jpg

So many things happening here, don't know where to start.  

Nate, the problem ISN'T the palm material.  The problem is lack of craftsmanship.

For starters, the entire problem here is the way the palm was cut.  As a manufacturer, we'd love to have one set of patterns to cut all things.  Unfortunately, when dealing with fabrics, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT ARE NATURAL FABRICS, they respond to cutting in very different ways.  

Digital palms are made from goathide, so the stretch is different than that of synthetic fabrics, or, even a stiffer cowhide leather.  In this case, where the goathide is stretchier than other fabrics, you need to create a different pattern in order to account for what happens in both sew and use.  My guess is that they're using one die/pattern for all palms.

Looking at your photo, it appears that the base of the fingers where they meet the hand are all cut narrower than at the top.  You can actually see how much wider the fingers are cut towards the tip of the finger.  What this causes is stress on the stitch down in the crook of the fingers, and thus, the tear you are experiencing.  You can see it starting on the other two as well.

But there's also another problem you're going to be seeing sooner than later.  The index finger is sewn in crooked.  You can see the pull to the outside of the glove, yet the sewing of the mesh gusset is a dead giveaway to this, as you can see how hard it is working to pull the finger back in to where it should be.  Your finger is straight yet look at the pull!

Anyhow, digital is a unique fabric.  Of course it doesn't last as long as other palm fabrics, however, with care, you can get some good life out of it.

Not sure this is a warranty issue, unfortunately.  I'd send the pic to Pat at Custom Pro and see what he thinks.

Good luck!

#threadcloser