Photo

Eagle Hockey Custom Gloves

• Please log in to reply
955 replies to this topic

#921 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:08 PM

What model would be comparable to the warrior franchise 14n?

#922 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 29 April 2022 - 06:27 PM

Aero is the most narrow 4 roll. You can get a different cuff if you don't like the Aero cuff, but the glove itself is the narrowest. The other option you can do is you're getting customs is to get gives in a 13" and then have the fingers extended, but that's a bit trickier to get the correct sizing and gives a lot more possibility for Eagle to make errors when constructing the glove

#923 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:06 PM

Aero is the most narrow 4 roll. You can get a different cuff if you don't like the Aero cuff, but the glove itself is the narrowest. The other option you can do is you're getting customs is to get gives in a 13" and then have the fingers extended, but that's a bit trickier to get the correct sizing and gives a lot more possibility for Eagle to make errors when constructing the glove

I tried the aero before and those were way too narrow. Maybe
The 905 or 844 or x95

#924 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 29 April 2022 - 08:09 PM

They fit the same as my 14N franchise. X95 is a weird glove, but try 905. The 844 is definitely like a wide warrior fit

#925 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 01 March 2023 - 09:44 AM

I waited nearly 6 months for my custom Eagles and they were absolutely botched. All the colors were wrong, no embroidered name, crooked logos, dark maroon everywhere instead of Coyotes red (#a11838), and overall they look like crap compared to what was submitted. I even sent pictures of my jerseys to match and they're not even close. After looking at all the amazing customs that were being put out and waiting patiently, I am beyond disappointed and hopefully the situation will be rectified.

Here is the mockup that was confirmed and finalized, including "GOLDEN GATE SHARPENING" embroidered on the cuffs.

EAGLE-copy.jpg

Here is what I got:

image.png

image.png

1. Dark maroon/brown instead of Coyotes/Harvard brick red - HEX color #a11838 (I never once used the word maroon in my spec sheet) 2. The thumbs are incorrect and do not match the front stripe pattern; both patterns were based off the stripes of my jersey and socks, which were sent to them. The inside stripe was supposed to be white, the middle stripe was supposed to be Coyotes red, and the outside was supposed to be black. While this pattern was on the backhand roll, it was way off on the thumbs. 3. Logos are slanted forward and the stick on the logo is bright red. 4. No embroidered name. Call me picky all you want, but if I spend $285 on a pair of hockey gloves and wait 6 months for them, they need to be done correctly. These are not even close to what I ordered. 

Here are my actual jerseys - note the stripe patterns on the black jersey. I specifically made the stripes on the backhand and thumbs match them, even confirming this while sending the mockup and before placing the order. I'm not sure why they changed the thumb pattern when it was shown clearly in the mockup. 

ggsshell.jpg

ggsjerseys.jpg

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#926 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 March 2023 - 10:02 AM

I waited nearly 6 months for my custom Eagles and they were absolutely botched. All the colors were wrong, no embroidered name, crooked logos, dark maroon everywhere instead of Coyotes red (#a11838), and overall they look like crap. I even sent pictures of my jerseys to match and they're not even close. I am beyond disappointed and hopefully the situation will be rectified. 

Can we see pictures?  I tried ordering flame custom gloves and they came out awesome.  Hasn’t heard from them in awhile though 

#927 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 01 March 2023 - 12:55 PM

That's BS Jake. Did Kelsey do anything for you?

Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow, a month after originally scheduled, 6 months from order. I really hope they didn't screw these up

#928 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 01 March 2023 - 01:11 PM

That's BS Jake. Did Kelsey do anything for you?

Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow, a month after originally scheduled, 6 months from order. I really hope they didn't screw these up

Edit: Eagle offered to fix the gloves, but I'd have to pay return shipping and they insisted that the order was completely correct. The entire chain of emails was one big misunderstanding, even if I explained everything clearly on my end. They didn't have Coyotes red tuffek or binding, so they just decided to make them dark maroon without consulting me first. If they just reached out to me before building the gloves, I would have worked with them and made another color scheme that I would have been satisfied with. Just poor communication overall. 

Luckily, Buzz_LightBeer is a beauty and bought the gloves from me. I didn't want to wait a few more months for another pair that may or may not be correct. I would rather put the money I made from these gloves toward my new sharpener. Overall, I'm extremely disappointed and don't plan on buying any more Eagle products in the future.

#929 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 01 March 2023 - 01:16 PM

they want YOU to pay for return shipping for THEIR error? that's bullshit. did that come from Kelsey?

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#930 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 01 March 2023 - 02:54 PM

Ya that's trash. Eagle is a long way from back when Gus ran the ship

#931 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:32 PM

Did you submit it online with "Maroon Portofino" as the binding and backhand colour?

Did you manually change those colours in photoshop/paint something and submit it as a mockup?

#932 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:41 PM

They messed up my order years and years ago when I got customs too.

#933 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 01 March 2023 - 03:45 PM

Did you submit it online with "Maroon Portofino" as the binding and backhand colour?

Did you manually change those colours in photoshop/paint something and submit it as a mockup?

I submitted the custom photoshopped mockup in the initial order, emailing directly instead of using the customizer. This was how I was told to do it by Eagle via their IG account before starting the email chain. I made sure that the Coyotes/brick red HEX color #a11838 was used and they confirmed it was noted on the official spec sheet (based off of my submitted mockup.) I sent the previously posted picture of my shell and jerseys so they could match the gloves as closely as possible, which they also confirmed. I never mentioned the word maroon or "Coyotes maroon" because I knew it'd be confusing.

They didn't have Coyotes red portfino, so they decided to build the gloves with dark maroon instead of consulting me first. If they would have just contacted me before building the gloves, I would have come up with a completely new pattern and still been satisfied. They also screwed up the logos and thumb pattern, which was clearly shown to match the backhand pattern. Every color and pattern was put in that spot for a reason to match my jerseys and socks. What is the point of submitting custom gloves if they're just going to take their own liberties or not pay attention to the mockup?

It seems like Eagle is more focused on making flashy neon and Yeezy gloves for their social media than anything else. I won't be using their products again. 

#934 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 06 March 2023 - 12:37 AM

PXL-20230306-053207333.jpg
PXL-20230306-053159389.jpg
PXL-20230306-053146012.jpg
PXL-20230306-053137301.jpg

Eagle customs. Canucks retro colors, eagle logo and the PPF pinstripe are supposed to be the same color, looks off, but otherwise they came out great.
Cp94 build
Leather tabs
Split under cuff with Anisimov elastic
Black goat palms and gussets

Probably should have reduced the cuff height but oh well

#935 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 March 2023 - 01:39 PM

Out of curiosity, what's the difference?

One is nylon fabric and the other is polyester fabric; they are two totally different things.  This is probably one of the better explanations I've come across...

While one can sublimate nylon, it is very slow and run at a lower temp, with a larger possibility of the fabric melting (which has happened to me before).

#threadcloser

#936 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 18 May 2023 - 06:04 PM

https://www.instagra.../p/CsZCPtFA5zE/

Looks like Eagle is stepping up their palm game

#937 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 18 May 2023 - 07:33 PM

https://www.instagra.../p/CsZCPtFA5zE/

Looks like Eagle is stepping up their palm game

I’m curious to know how different spider/dragon palms are compared to digital? I’m assuming digital is thinner, but is the tackiness and overall feel pretty much the same? 

#938 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 18 May 2023 - 07:46 PM

I’m curious to know how different spider/dragon palms are compared to digital? I’m assuming digital is thinner, but is the tackiness and overall feel pretty much the same?

Ime digital is more durable and very slightly more grippy. The main difference is that digital is usually goat (although it could be sheep and sometimes it is, have to check) and spider and dragon are more commonly sheep skin. Sheep fibers are much less dense making them softer but also weaker.

#939 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 19 May 2023 - 12:03 AM

Ime digital is more durable and very slightly more grippy. The main difference is that digital is usually goat (although it could be sheep and sometimes it is, have to check) and spider and dragon are more commonly sheep skin. Sheep fibers are much less dense making them softer but also weaker.

Huh, that’s surprising. I was always under the impression digital was the least durable palm material out there

#940 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 19 May 2023 - 01:25 AM

Huh, that’s surprising. I was always under the impression digital was the least durable palm material out there

Depends but ya. As a rule, all of these leathers with imprinted patterns are weaker than a skin in it's natural state, so in that sense digital and dragon etc are more or less the same, and then sheep is typically less durable at the same thickness as goat skin. But in truth pittards can make any if these patterns in any skin assuming you're custom ordering enough quantity. But from what I've seen, the dragon and spider print seems to be on sheep skin