Photo

RBZ Superfast and Ribcor Shadow

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 peckmic2

peckmic2
  • LocationHill Valley, CA

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

this is unbelievable why they are always behind their competitors in patterns choice their Crosby is not even the same as the P92 or E3 somewhat close but not exactly the same why they don't want to add this type of pattern in their lineup witch seem's to be a good seller.  

Seems to be a good seller to you, or to us on these groups, but as a whole (at retail) the pattern does not sell very well at all. i mean, very very few actually sell. CCM/Reebok offer patters that they know they can put on the shelves and be sold.

#22 dimitrym91

dimitrym91
  • LocationSouth Detroit, Ontario

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Seems to be a good seller to you, or to us on these groups, but as a whole (at retail) the pattern does not sell very well at all. i mean, very very few actually sell. CCM/Reebok offer patters that they know they can put on the shelves and be sold.

This exactly, same reason you see very few P08 Bauer sticks on shelves, equipment makers want to put what is going to help their bottom line in store, that's why you mainly see Backstrom, Stamkos, and Kane curves for Bauer, and in CCM's case I believe they focus on Landeskog, RNH, and Tavares, those are the patterns that sell the most so they want to make sure people have as much access to them as possible when going to buy a stick

#23 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

Same reason the Warrior Gionta was scrapped so quickly. It sounded like everyone wanted that curve based on what these kind of forums said. In reality, these style of curves sit around at stores. We don't move very many where I work.

#24 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Ccm superfast now in stock local in Northeast PA

#25 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

I was told today that the ribcore shadow is apparently going to be changed and branded as CCM. Heard it from a pretty reliable source too. Anybody else here anything like this?
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#26 dimitrym91

dimitrym91
  • LocationSouth Detroit, Ontario

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

It surprised me in the first place that they were going to keep going with reebok stuff, whether the shadow or the 30k gloves, this is one of the longest phase outs I've ever seen for a brand, it just seems like they keep showing off new stuff yet at the same time are trying to phase reebok out, it's very strange to say the least, it's almost like the marketing team isn't on the same page as the other parts of the company, regardless, I wonder what the shadow will be rebranded too, third stick line for ccm to compete with bauers 3 would be my thought but who knows at this point

#27 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, I heard it's going to be CCM and soon the only thing you will see branded as Reebok will be the jerseys. Apparently that's not for long either though. I heard The jerseys may be branded by Addidas sooner or later.

#28 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

My local hockey shop already placed orders for the Shadow, so not sure they could just up and change the stick, esp since stick orders were reebok curve specific. Seems odd to have 3 CCM releases competing with each other in such a short period of time, and forcing hockey shops to load up their stores on all these CCM sticks.

#29 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Ok...I stand corrected. My pro shop guy came over to the tourney my rink is holding this week...and let me know CCM is taking over the Ribcor. Skates and glov3s will stay Reebok for now but CCM will take sticks. He wasn't sure if it's going to be called ribcor

#30 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

FYI, It will be called 40K and not shadow.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#31 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

Dupes...so it's the CCM 40K? I'm wondering (and assuming since its decently close to launch/prob too late to redesign a whole new stick) if they will keep all the same Ribcor "technology" and simply repaint the stick. I've never used a CCM stick so I'm sort of excited. Can't wait to see the graphics.

#32 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

It will have the Ribs on it.

I havent heard about the CCM taking over the Reebok name for now.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#33 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

When the rep brought in both sticks a few months ago, the Ribcor def had the "shadow" name/logo on it. From all I can tell and have been told, if they are going 40k, it will prob be CCM. But I'm usually wrong anyway, lol

#34 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:26 AM

My rep showed me the offical release letter from CCM/reebok yesterday. Looks like the only thing changing on the shadow is the CCM logo will replace the Reebok one. Same stick colors, paint job, still called shadow, and same specs. Helmets, skates, gloves will still be realeased under Reebok. Seems this was done to increase the CCM % of players in NHL using the brand.

#35 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

My rep showed me the offical release letter from CCM/reebok yesterday. Looks like the only thing changing on the shadow is the CCM logo will replace the Reebok one. Same stick colors, paint job, still called shadow, and same specs. Helmets, skates, gloves will still be realeased under Reebok. Seems this was done to increase the CCM % of players in NHL using the brand.

This is exactly the same thing I was told.

#36 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Interesting, I was told it would be called a 40K by a executive. :dunno:

:LOL:

#37 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Interesting, I was told it would be called a 40K by a executive. :dunno:

:LOL:

So it probably will be then. It wasn't mentioned to me, but I was only told about the re-branding. Nothing was said about the sticks title.

#38 Share5746

Share5746

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Has there been any word on when the shadow is actually being released?

#39 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Unless CCM changes it, end of October was last I heard. Rep is going to be here tomorrow so I'll ask if he hears anything changing.

#40 HkY_GuY

HkY_GuY
  • LocationMontreal,Qc

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:33 AM

it done official no more reebok sticks  :(

they will call It CCM Ribcore 40K the stick will bore a small reebok logo near the Ribcore logo as it a og reebok patent.

10611171_843980805626095_464831376_n.jpg