Photo

hockey equipment addiction

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 auditory

auditory
  • Locationflorida

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

How does your family whether it be your spouse or your parents, how do they feel about your hockey equipment addiction. What do you tell your friends or your family? Do you have your stuff shipped somewhere else? My wife doesn't understand the addiction lol.

Saw something like this somewhere else.

#2 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

How does your family whether it be your spouse or your parents, how do they feel about your hockey equipment addiction. What do you tell your friends or your family? Do you have your stuff shipped somewhere else? My wife doesn't understand the addiction lol.

Saw something like this somewhere else.

Until recently no one jn my family understood, then my mom started collecting sewing machines.

I usually tell them I traded for the gear... Gets the off my back.
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#3 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Telling them you traded or sold for the gear is a great way to keep them off your back about what you spend a paycheck on. I have a room just for my hockey gear and my office is full of vintage 80s-90s toys. I could sell it all today and gets new car maybe but they mean more to me
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#4 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

I don't see how its any different than someone who collects stamps or a woman who buys 50 pairs of shoes.

#5 auditory

auditory
  • Locationflorida

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

I don't see how its any different than someone who collects stamps or a woman who buys 50 pairs of shoes.

Women usually say "that's different!"

#6 Akins

Akins

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

I had to smuggle an entire bag of gloves to a guy on here "edo"s house because my mom was losing her mind. Lets just say edo's wife wasnt to pleased with me. Also had to tell my mom that I got my new set of goalie gear for free because I am suppose to be saving for school!

#7 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

All my stuff is delivered to a buddy's house, because his parents work from home, some days I pick 3-4 packages of gear.
No one really understands my addiction, my wife doesnt really care, has long as I dont spend too much money.

Collecting gear is such a fun past time for me :D
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#8 totalone

totalone

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

well after buying 30 pairs of gloves without telling my girlfriend she now has put a limit on my equipment. She hates when I even talk about a single pair of gloves. My mom doesn't get it and my dad doesn't even know. I have a few friends that I skate with that I hook up with gear. One for my friends lets me send equipment to his house so my girlfriend doesn't know. Then when I sell them something I just bring something new in but I have to write down everything I sell or buy anymore. I think all of this buying just without thinking isn't working now I just want to set up my favorite Gear. I'm just two to three pieces away from having my dream collection but it won't stop me from helping out the local people with amazing gear.
It's Samsquamtch Ricky

#9 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

I rule my roost and if the ol' ball and chain don't like it she knows where the door is >>> :finger:

All kidding aside, I collect and buy what I want, and have no negative feedback from anyone, but it helps if you grease the skids {so to speak} :LOL:

#10 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

My moms very supportive and at this age I prefer to stay away from a girlfriend (wife especilliacly) just for the fact of having freedom to do whatever I want

#11 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

My wife thinks I am crazy.... so do my teammates. Oh well... Makes it tough right now since my wife was let go from her job. I have to take it easy for a while. I really only like collecting gloves and I really got into Eagle gloves and acquired a few. The good thing is now I am down to jus a certain few that I want so I won't be going crazy again anytime soon.

#12 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

My wife is pretty oblivious to it all, I do the whole "Its all good I just traded or buy low/Sell high" speech to her, so she thinks its a profit/trading thing. She usually just rolls her eyes and hates hearing about it. I Manage a hockey store for a very well known company and Hockey pretty much runs my life and is my career...she hates sports but is really supportive

Being recently new to player gear, my addiction has worsened lol my eBay/PayPal has 3x the activity now. At one time I had like 4 sets of goalie pads with the matching catchers/blockers 3 REALLY expensive goalie hemets, 6 goalie sticks, ect. I usally do sell or trade and try not to keep to much around but I hate seeing it go :(

But now this board has come into my life..........

just started collecting player like 4 weeks ago; Now I am up to 3 sticks, 3 gloves, 3 pants, 2 helmets, 3 visors, working on a 2nd pair of skates and a few other things I am ready to snipe on the bay

PLAYER GEAR IS EASIER TO HIDE :evil:

#13 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Wow maybe I have an addiction too hahahahhahaha
Liddy:-)

#14 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

Wow finally - I dont feel like the only one ;) No one really gets mine (not even most of the guys I play with - they are all content in wearing their 20 yr old gloves from when they played Midget) - been searching for about 2.5 years for a forum like this - and darn happy to have found it. :)

I am finally not alone in this addiction ;)

#15 mikeronan

mikeronan

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Reading this thread honestly sounds/feels like a online AA meeting for hockey addicts....My wife is reading this and laughing her ass off.

#16 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

I've cooled down on collecting stuff for now. Lately it seems to be a "I have more gloves than you" contest and I've gone back to shooting which means $ for camera gear.

And I say this with a stick on it's way to me and gloves ready to ship soon haha

#17 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

I also feel like this has turned into a who ha more thing...the quality of the board has severely diminished lately. It used to to be about quality not quantity and mutual respect discussing and sharing.

#18 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

i like having the p-stock gear, but i dont need nor want 20 pairs of gloves lying around.

i have retail x60's that i use now, once they are fubar, then i'll probably upgrade.

i also want a pair of pro stock pants, but i bought retail x60's and they are a great pant so i can't really complain.

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#19 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

i like having the p-stock gear, but i dont need nor want 20 pairs of gloves lying around.

i have retail x60's that i use now, once they are fubar, then i'll probably upgrade.

i also want a pair of pro stock pants, but i bought retail x60's and they are a great pant so i can't really complain.

Pick up some pro stock pants dude. You wont regret it

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#20 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Pro stock pants truly feel great. I have retail X:40s and Pro Stock Bauers and there is a pronounced difference in the way it feels around your waist. Hard to explain really.