Photo

what's your base layer?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 mjpisat

mjpisat

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

I've just been using jock shorts with velcro for socks.  I haven't been able to find a pair of jock pants that I like, but want to start wearing pants vs shorts.

Have been thinking about compression pants and separate jock.  Are there any non jock compression pants out there that still have velcro?  I don't feel like messing with a garter belt.  seems like a lot of work.  do jocks move around less than jock pants?  what's a good comfortable one?

#2 - M

- M

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

I can't name any models off hand but Under Armour does carry compression style pants with velcro and no cup built-in.  Worst comes to worse you can always just pull the jock out of the pant and use a separate one.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#3 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

I use under armour, no cup with Velcro.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#4 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

I use hockey leggings and a jock, and a garter belt.
Not a huge fan of shorts with a jock in them
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#5 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Under-armour core-short pro (sadly no longer in production) plus a 8k/10k jock; the sock are velcroed to my girdle (TotalONE, Project) rather than my underwear. Found this the most comfortable setup.

#6 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Compression shorts and the CCM Pro jock.

#7 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Under-armour core-short pro (sadly no longer in production) plus a 8k/10k jock; the sock are velcroed to my girdle (TotalONE, Project) rather than my underwear. Found this the most comfortable setup.

they still make core-shorts: http://www.underarmo...-pro/pid1228765

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#8 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

I've never worn base layers, I get too hot and feel restricted/heavy. I play naked under my gear, just a RBK cup/garter belt combo

#9 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

Lululemon boxers + shirt

Mesh shorts with the cup + velcro. 

Definitely want to buy some sort of compression shorts with a jock + velcro instead though. Current shorts do not go over well when trying to pull up my 9k girdle over my fat ass.

For Sale:

#10 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

I've never worn base layers, I get too hot and feel restricted/heavy. I play naked under my gear, just a RBK cup/garter belt combo

Remind me to avoid buying your used gear. ;)

#11 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

^ haha i thought the same thing after reading that .. I just wear a short sleeve speed wick and bauer jock shorts with cup.. the long sleeve speed wicks feel terrible to me under my elbows i don't know how anyone can do it

edit: I guess I also wear under armor socks 

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#12 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

^ I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand not having long sleeves under my elbows. Annoys the crap out of me. I wear knee high compression socks, mesh jock shorts, and long sleeve speedwick type shirt.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#13 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

Remind me to avoid buying your used gear. ;)

LOL. It better than somebody who wears the same base layer over and over again and never washes them! Way more gross!

#14 bardownarmsup

bardownarmsup
  • LocationCalif

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

long sleeve under armor shirt, warrior "loose nut" lol shorts w/ cup, and graf thin ass knee socks. I also roll up my under armor sleeves over the lower half of my elbows so that the straps stay on and so you can see my bare wrists if I decide to roll my my jersey sleeves. Also when I roll up my jersey I announce to my teammates that "My sleeves are rolled up, i'm officially better than all of you".

"I did a big mess" - Kris Letang

#15 Oey444

Oey444
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Bauer long sleeve compression shirt and compression style long pants and shorts with the built in cup and velcro (for socks) overtop.

I like complete coverage just cuz I'd rather the base layer soak up as much of the sweat rather than my equipment soaking up the sweat..

Go Sens Go!

Go Jets Go!

Always interested in any Sens gear.

LF: Spezza Luxes/Coverts, Kovy Luxes, EK65 Coverts, EK65 gear in general

#16 clardz

clardz
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Under Armour long sleeve fitted with the grip print (an older one with the grip print on the chest; I wish Under Armour was making still making decent hockey shirts;) either the compression or "hockey fit" Bauer core pants, and a 10k along with a garter belt

WTB: 

Anything Jagr or Tomas Jurco

Dallas Stars Nexus pant, PP90 shell size S or M

#17 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Bauer long sleeve compression shirt and compression style long pants and shorts with the built in cup and velcro (for socks) overtop.

I like complete coverage just cuz I'd rather the base layer soak up as much of the sweat rather than my equipment soaking up the sweat..

i agree with this, 

i own 3 sets of baselayers, 1 UA, 1 Bauer and 1 no name. I throw them into the wash after each session.

it's disgusting when people re-use their baselayers from last session, so gross.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#18 IMaRaTHoNzZz

IMaRaTHoNzZz

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:54 PM

Under Armour long sleeve fitted with the grip print (an older one with the grip print on the chest; I wish Under Armour was making still making decent hockey shirts;) either the compression or "hockey fit" Bauer core pants, and a 10k along with a garter belt

I wear the same one like that. I have used the same one for going on 4 seasons just because I love it so much

#19 mjpisat

mjpisat

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Are the jocks vs jock pants/shorts more comfortable?

I never used a garter. Seems like a lot of work

#20 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

It's not much work. I only use one clip on the front of each sock, takes less that 5-seconds.