Photo

Jofa 390 - 366 Clone - Teemu Edition

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

Figured I'd give you guys a shot at this helmet before it hits ebay.

This helmet has been modified to exactly look like a Jofa 366 helmet that is worn by Teemu Selanne. Teemu modifies his 366 to the same specs as this helmet. Only difference between his and mine is the 366 tab on the front.

I have had the ears cut by a boat crafter (steady hands) to insure a clean and straight cut. He then sanded the ends to make sure they were smooth. He did an excellent job and what I expected from a free hand cut. I then installed a straight cut visor to finish the helmet off. Visor is brand new. The plastic is still on the visor and I'll leave it on so you can remove it yourself. All the hardware is still on the helmet if you wanted to install a cage.

All the padding is soft and free of any smells or stains. Chin strap is brand new and never used. Perfect helmet for rec league.

Size: Sr 6 3/4 - 7 3/8 (55-63CM)

$110 shippped in the US, $115 to Canada.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#2 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

I love he's still wearing this. Imagine how he'd look in a 4500 or something. It'd be so weird.

#3 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

Only time he's worn something other than a 366/397/390. He did have a blue 366 on during the actual game. He must of had one of his Finland helmets shipped in.

Posted Image

#4 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

That rbk bucket just doesn't look right. Lol.

#5 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

That was in Dallas! And I was there just to the left of that picture about two rows back and yes it was too weird seeing him in that

#6 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

What kinda visor is on it

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#7 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

What kinda visor is on it

Honestly, not sure. Got it at the LHS shop for $25. No logos and advertised as non-scratch. It's brand new, still has the plastic film on it.

Side by side to an Oakley straight cut, looks pretty similar.

#8 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Sold.

I have a few of these left in black also. $85 for those.

#9 millerjackson

millerjackson

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Do you still have some for sale?

#10 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Sorry, haven't had these in awhile. 

#11 millerjackson

millerjackson

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Thats okay

#12 leijona88

leijona88
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

Hey, would you mind saying how you installed the visor on this helmet? Have to drill the holes yourself? I'm looking to do the same type of mod on a 390. 

Any help would be great! Thanks

#13 Legend

Legend

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

I did this on my helmet too and yes, had to drill holes myself. For the lower holes of the visor, I used the ear loop holes. For the upper holes, in the first place I positioned the visor about where I wanted it to fit by tightening the screws in the ear loop holes, and then I traced dots and I drilled holes. The result was great. I think this is the best way to go if you want to be sure your holes will fit when you put your visor on.

#14 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

That rbk bucket just doesn't look right. Lol.

How about this?

NHL+All+Star+Game+w3i-qfcBakEl.jpg

Google showed me this: http://www.sports2k....tar-game-decal/

#15 leijona88

leijona88
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

I did this on my helmet too and yes, had to drill holes myself. For the lower holes of the visor, I used the ear loop holes. For the upper holes, in the first place I positioned the visor about where I wanted it to fit by tightening the screws in the ear loop holes, and then I traced dots and I drilled holes. The result was great. I think this is the best way to go if you want to be sure your holes will fit when you put your visor on.

Awesome, thanks for the info! Did you use any specific kind of drill or bit, or just standard stuff? 

#16 Legend

Legend

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

No problem! For the holes I used standard stuff, but made sure to drill them not too big so the nut fits tight enough.

#17 leijona88

leijona88
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Good call on using the ear loop holes! worked out pretty nice. Uploaded some pics in case anyone is interested. I have a blue 390 with the old Jofa font logo, so I'm going to do that one next. This was the practice helmet lol

WP 001053
WP 001052
WP 001055

#18 andy99

andy99
  • LocationB.C Canada

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hi I have a white 366 never worn, Does anyone know if they were sold in stores or pro stock only,  I heard that mario helped with design? I saw he blacked out the 3 of the 366 on his, thanks