Photo

Mission Inhaler DS1 Gloves for Ice Hockey?

mission inhaler ds1 gloves ice hockey

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Does anyone know if the Mission Inhaler DS1 gloves skimped out on protection, since they are marketed as an inline glove? I play in an ultra hot, ultra humid rink, and I sweat buckets, so "Warm gloves" are like water makers on me. I asked a similar question about the Mission Inhaler helmet, and turned out it was ice ready. I have been wearing the Inhaler helmet for ice, and find that it releases my heat much better than my old Re-AKT (which I have since done away with).

I play forward and tend to steer clear of pucks, but ya never know when some schmuck is gonna whack at one's hands right, and catch a thumb that has minimal padding. We never know too when a slapshot from the point that I am trying to deflect may get a thumb. So, that is really my concern, I would rather have nasty sweaty hands and a robust thumb guard/ all around padding, than drier hands, and be at risk for injury.

But, if these are beefed up/ ice ready, then I think these may be the gloves that I was looking for. Obviously, I do not expect these gloves to offer Bauer Nexus 1000 type protection, but if they offer protection comparable to the other tapered gloves (Bauer APX/APX2, Easton HSX, Warrior Covert, CCM Crazy Light, etc.)

Anything else that I ought to be aware of if using these for ice, then please let me know.

I have been wearing Warrior Covert DT2 Bone:X gloves, which are rather protective, but no ventilation, and stiff cuffs, so I will not miss them.

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#2 ChunkyThunder

ChunkyThunder
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:51 AM

I have low end Bauers and my brother has Mission ds4 or ds5, whatever the lowest one is, and they're practically the same glove, just different design. I'm pretty sure the top of the lines will be the same story. I mean Bauer does own Mission after all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mission inhaler ds1 gloves, ice hockey