Buttendz

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 CheesePlz

CheesePlz

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

Brandon Proust has bee using this for a while and have wondered what it is:

http://buttendz.com

Looks to be a type of tacki Mac style grip.

Would love to know if anyone has used it yet and their feedback on it.

#2 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

Hate them.

Pros
Can be removed and put on another stick. It comes with a mini spray bottle that has some sort of adhesive. Thats the only real "pro" part of them and there main selling point, that it can be removed and applied to another stick

Cons
The texture of the rub feels to think and is not smooth and definitely doest feel close to a real tape job like some of the tacki macks do.

The round knob is also a negative In my eyes because it doesn't feel natural. So used to a square knob up top.

Hope this helped I wrote it fairly quick but I may be able to put a picture up if you need it.
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#3 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

It's a slightly fancier, more expensive tacki Mac. The adhesive is just hair spray, which I found didn't adhere as well as the double sided tape of the tacki Mac. For the price, you'd probably want to be able to remove them, which the hair spray method allows, but there's the trade off of losing the grip mid game. I don't think there's anything here warranting 3.5x the price of the tacki Mac.

#4 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

20 bucks for one isn't a plus either.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#5 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

Tacki Mac is by far my favorite
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#6 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

yea i use tacki mac too. the super thin ones. 

I don't see why i would pay almost 3 times the price for one of these. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#7 mutiny14

mutiny14
  • LocationGate City NC

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:12 AM

Do they make a thin Tacki mac? I tried the command grip a while back but didnt like how thick it felt in my hand.  just wondering

#8 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

The kane ones are super thin

#9 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

This is the model I use and I find it pretty thin.

Tacki-mac%20command%20grip.jpg

If you need thinner then try these

0030234030271_500X500.jpg

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#10 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:44 AM

I started to use Buttendz before the pandemic hit. I love it.

Anyone else uses them?

BE8-FUSZ-RD-WH4.jpg

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#11 findursol

findursol
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:39 AM

I'm a real big fan of Gamma Supreme tape. Comes off easy, feels like layered stick tape, super super grippy like buttendz or sticky gauze tape, super cheap. I still have the same tape on a 3 year old Easton twig, lasts forever. I tried a buttendz after I saw trav4's video, a little too tacky for me & knob is way too big, I might do a pass or two over. (Apparently they have more selection now.) Super expensive. Not a big fan but it's just not my thing.

#12 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:44 AM

I'm not a fan of buttendz, I feel they're too way too thick and expensive for what they are. Two or three seasons ago I tried out Tacki Mac and have converted all my sticks to them or tennis overgrip. The overgrip doesn't last as long, but it still holds up well. Have yet to wear through a Tacki Mac although one is getting close. They clean up pretty nice with water and a rag and put as much wear on my glove after one season that I used to see after a single game

New tennis overgrip and dirty Tacki Mac

K6g8yF1.jpg

Worn tennis overgrip and cleaned Tacki Mac

KDUBqY1.jpg

#13 FP12

FP12
  • LocationMontreal Area

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:06 PM

I had moved away from regular tape a few years ago, it was wearing out glove palms too quickly. I went to the tennis grip tape for awhile which saved on palms.

I then tried a Buttendz & also a tackimac, I preferred the buttendz but it costs about $8 more.  I am now using Buttendz Twirl grip on my sticks, Hockey Supremacy carries most of the models & extra adhesive spray & I buy them when they have a promotion so get a nice discount on them. 

They are nice & tacky, I have an arthritic wrist & hand on right side from breaking them a couple times & the extra volume & pliability of the grip helps with it.  I've never had 1 get loose during a game so far.     Products17544-832x832-2104202310.jpg

#14 Chow_hound

Chow_hound

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:22 PM

Has anyone trimmed down the length of their buttendz or Tacki-mac to a shorter 4-5”? I’m wanting to reduce the length but slightly concerned the adhesion would be weakened since there is less contact overall.

I don’t want to waste one if someone has already tried this. And the reason for Cutting short vs leaving long is I occasionally use a modified face off grip which felt odd when I’m used to no tape on the top hand.

#15 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:25 PM

Don’t see why you couldn’t do this with Tacki Mac. I cut the knob in half to make it a little smaller, but you could do this with the length if you wanted. I don’t use the provided tape since it just adds thickness, but if you do use it, you’d just have to cut it as well. Hairspray works just as well to hold the grip on. Never had one come off or slip after letting it sit for a few days after putting it on

#16 FP12

FP12
  • LocationMontreal Area

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:30 AM

I cut the knob right off the Tackimac I tried, not a fan of the 2 sided tape to attach, when I changed it to a different stick, I used the Buttendz spray & it held no problem

#17 Chow_hound

Chow_hound

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:11 AM

Thanks guys. Good to know!