Photo

Bad replam job PICS ADDED

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

So I figured I would take my chances with my local repalmer and I just picked them up and the index finders are completely crooked. It's to the point that padding doesn't cover the tips of my fingers and it's just covered by the guesets. I feel like I'll need new guesets fairly quickly if I use them..I'll post pics up when I get home.

Some my question is this normal and if it's not what should I do?

5YnBB6xl.jpg

old digital palm not removed just glued on top

90f2Rn2l.jpg

padding inside instead of replacing the digital material and putting this in

1dCu6KFl.jpg

right vs left

8YQJS6Fl.jpg

#2 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

I should also note that the padding is no longer on top of the finger but on the side of it

#3 simnorm

simnorm
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Bring the gloves back to show them the issue. They'll probably make it right for you

#4 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

I hope so really disappointed

#5 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

so emailed him and only response i got was about how i was putting my thumb in the wrong way( he added extra thumb padding for some strange reason) never seen that before on a repalm

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

Who did your palms?  actually i'll PM you

Go to repalming.com

my friend Charlie Locke runs that, he can fix that issue for you.  He's damn good.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#7 JoeT

JoeT

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

Dang that finger looks pretty rocked.

Give hockeymenders.com a look. Haven't tried them myself but they look pretty good. I'm actually looking for a beat pair of gloves so I have a reason to get a repalm with deer hide.

#8 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

To give an update he's trying to say that this is normal, which it isn't and it's going to rebound lol i'm going to upload a few pictures to show who bad it is. I'll let everyone know the name of the company once this is resolved. 

he's also saying he's going to fix but is giving a lot of push back on it.

#9 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

5YnBB6xl.jpg

That looks bad :-/

Like you have a broken finger.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#10 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

Looks like when you have your fingers crossed. Not normal for a hockey glove if you ask me. Hope they get it right.

#11 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:38 PM

Looks like when you have your fingers crossed. Not normal for a hockey glove if you ask me. Hope they get it right.

That looks bad :-/

Like you have a broken finger.

yea and its not that comfortable... i want this guy to fix it but at the same time his logic is so messed up think i would rather have him not touch them any more and just refund me some of the money he wasn't cheap at all.

#12 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

also the thumb padding is so annoying putting your hand in and out with this in their. I take my hands out a lot during the game 

#13 ChrisMolnar

ChrisMolnar
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:28 PM

I'd rather have no palms than that.. awful job.

#14 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

he actually said something along the lines of "well the palms look better than what you brought in." No shit they were digital but hell at least my fingers where straight.

#15 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

Did you pay with a credit card?

#16 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

Yea about to dispute the charges I'm going to give him a chance to fix it

#17 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

Doesn't seem too sorry for the crap job he did in the first place never mind to correct the issue. I am not too sure I would have him do anything else to them,god knows how they will come out.

#18 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:38 PM

Doesn't seem too sorry for the crap job he did in the first place never mind to correct the issue. I am not too sure I would have him do anything else to them,god knows how they will come out.

exactly my point. Just not quality work and short cuts were taken especially with the thumbs.

#19 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:11 PM

Why not just post the name of the person/company so others know to avoid it? You're acting like it's a member here so it would be good to warn others.

#20 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Why not just post the name of the person/company so others know to avoid it? You're acting like it's a member here so it would be good to warn others.

+1.