Bad replam job PICS ADDED

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

I agree with the others.

Why make a topic saying bad repalm job, show pictures and not tell us right away who you're dealing with.

As far as we know it coulda been done by a 4 year old with a handy stitch.

Anyone who reads this thread will want to know who this is right away, regardless if he/she is a member

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#22 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

It was Bay Area hockey repair

#23 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

so to give another update he said he would fix all the stuff requested and called me picky. I called him out his stitch job and he didn't like that. Never again everyone avoid him... He advertises on PHEW stay away

#24 kimchee411

kimchee411
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

I got the same crooked finger job from Essan!  He also doesn't trim the fingers to make it clean so there's too much overhang around the stitching.  Not the absolute worst I've tried, but poor attention to detail.  The funny thing about your story is that I had him do one of the pairs that Pete Carson screwed up and he was saying it's f-ed up Pete didn't respond and I should try to get my money back for getting shoddy work.  He called me picky as well.  But to be fair, he called me picky up front and was a little hesitant to do the job, but I wanted to give a local guy a chance and told him to do his best.

George's all the way from now on!

STUFF I'M LOOKING FOR (NEW/LIKE NEW CONDITION)
• MIC AX1 13" or 14" -- NOT NYI, Oilers, Habs, Ducks, Preds, Hawks, Leafs, Pens, or Devils (retro YES PLEASE).
• Joe Thornton CCM mitts

• Pro stock edge socks:
- Wings away

• Blackhawks red practice jersey 56/58
• Sens Cream Heritage 2.0 game jersey 56/58

#25 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

hahahah fucking knew it! he destroys gloves... probably should stick to goalie gear! The stitches are horrible for $60 bucks it should be a lot better

#26 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:20 AM

That is a bad fucking Job.  Are you fucking kidding me?  This is ABSOLUTELY NOT NORMAL.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#27 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

so to give another update he said he would fix all the stuff requested and called me picky. I called him out his stitch job and he didn't like that. Never again everyone avoid him... He advertises on PHEW stay away

he gets his shit deleted on phew now

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#28 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:53 AM

he gets his shit deleted on phew now

beware of the BAN HAMMER

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#29 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:15 AM

He had a few pairs of mine. None came out very well either. One had all of the fingers come out crooked. Other was some of the sloppiness work I've seen.

#30 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Just don't get why he fights with people when they call them out on his shitty work? He obviously knows he does a shitty job just doesn't care

#31 Jhui

Jhui

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

stick to goalie work?? his goalie work is 10x worse than this..... i bought a "refurbed" catcher once from someone without knowing it was essan that repaired it, terrible is an understatement. 

#32 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:20 AM

Wish I would have know all of this prior to giving him my shit... Gloves will be going back to him tommorow so I'll report back what he did to fix them...

#33 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

So glad I didn't get work done by him. He was a bit of an asshole when I politely asked if he would stitch something on my skate tongues. His response was, "No as I mention we do everything except skates sticks and broken mask."

#34 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:00 AM

this is why i don't do repalms. PERIOD. I've worked with Essan before.. I didn't have as terrible of an experience but i def saw red flags. whats confusing is all of the positive reviews he has... def misleading.. even from some eq managers.. 

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#35 bluelinearmy

bluelinearmy

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

i had him do a few pairs and they were sloppy stitching all over the place using white stitch on black gloves extra sized gussets :(

#36 67expansion

67expansion
  • LocationVentura county, CA

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Contact Joe Esposito at HockeyMenders. (313) 689-3994
He has done six pairs of gloves for me in the last year . Palms and gussets are well sewn with no gaps or bunching and unlike other places he finishes the outside seam with the correct binding.

#37 skabat

skabat
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hah. I too, received a f'd pair back. Multiple voicemails left, no response. Emailed and got a half assed, vague response.

Crooked fingers, horrible stitching (thumb barely goes into the slot), somehow they grew from 14" to 18". I know I have Shrek hands but shit.

#38 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

There is no way in hell I'd even give this joker a chance at fixing his hackjob. Get your money back and use it towards someone like George's or Peaches. You'll be glad you did.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#39 danglesauce

danglesauce
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

I got my xxxxs done at goerges and dont regret it, great quality work there

#40 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

What's the verdict on the best repalms? George's?
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.