Photo

Bad replam job PICS ADDED

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

I just got back my BU Luxes and Bonafides back from George's with digital palms. Couldn't be happier.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#42 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:01 PM

Hockeymutt - Did Essan ever try and fix your gloves? Curious to whether or not to get him to fix mine.

#43 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

What is the link to george's

#44 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hockeymutt - Did Essan ever try and fix your gloves? Curious to whether or not to get him to fix mine.

to be honest i haven't had time to ship them back out to him.... But i wouldn't trust him to be honest. He fought me tooth and nail to take these things back.He's also not that cheap. He also shortened a pants shell for me and he couldn't even keep the stitches straight. Hell one leg is longer than the other and thats elementary sewing. 

#45 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

What is the link to george's

http://hockeyrepair.com/

13507AF3-26C1-49D2-A8CB-03982FEDFF56_zps

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#46 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

Reviving a very old topic, because I just got got by this place as well.  Same issues as above.... too much overhang on the fingers, a lot of material overlapping all over the place.  He also did something very weird to the thumb, my thumb cant move at all in one of the gloves.  Not sure if he stitched it too low, or tight or what.  Just an awful, and not cheap job.  Emailed him about asking for a refund, but no answer so far.

#47 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:10 AM

Some how Essan still has 5 stars on yelp. Not sure how with how bad some of his work is.

#48 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

Some how Essan still has 5 stars on yelp. Not sure how with how bad some of his work is.

Because people won't leave bad feedback for fear of retribution. It is why so many people here can behave like animals, low ball, over haggle, and in general act like complete wastes of oxygen and yet, they have ZERO negative feedback on their accounts.

Also, look at all the examples of litigation from people leaving, honest, bad reviews on Yelp, etc. under claim of libel.

#49 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

yeah, on yelp he has all 5 star reviews.  its mind blowing, and he still hasnt responded to me.  I'm gonna wait a few days and then give him a well deserved 1 star review.

#50 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:13 PM

If you need help let me know he never refunded my money either... hell he couldn't even sew a straight line on a shell

#51 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:32 AM

That's brutal. I hope my CL's don't wear out on me any time soon cuz this kinda stuff scares me

#52 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

That's brutal. I hope my CL's don't wear out on me any time soon cuz this kinda stuff scares me

If you love the gloves that much, send them to Pat and just wait. I loved my pair that i sent to bay area and now I can't even wear them.

#53 bluelinearmy

bluelinearmy

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

Yeah I know he pays for negative reviews to be removed from yelp. Yelps gotta make money some how.

I skated with my gloves once before I sold them off so bad I couldn't stand them. And I keep everything usually.

#54 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

I added 1 star reviews to yelp, facebook and google.  That finally got that clown to email me back.  Told me that I need to give the gloves time to break in. I didn't realize stitching and overlapping materials needed time to break in.

#55 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

I added 1 star reviews to yelp, facebook and google. That finally got that clown to email me back. Told me that I need to give the gloves time to break in. I didn't realize stitching and overlapping materials needed time to break in.

He told me this too... I stopped responding after this I have the convo saved

#56 gsr027

gsr027

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

OK, so instead of starting a new conversation, I thought I'd post a few pics of a pair of gloves I sent out to have the gussets and palms replaced. This was my first time sending out a pair of gloves for repairs, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but once I opened the box I was pretty disappointed. Again, this was my first time to send out a pair for work, so just wanting some confirmation/ opinions on the quality of this work before firing off a complaint email if the work was actually passable, for this type of project. 

Here we go:

gallery_10565_835_24770.jpg

gallery_10565_835_9291.jpg

gallery_10565_835_19505.jpg

gallery_10565_835_30957.jpg

gallery_10565_835_2630.jpg

It's probably kind of hard to see some of the detail in these pics, and there were several others I took, but didn't want to flood this post with all of the pics since I think these cover some of the main issues. (note, the the darker "rings" around the blue pads on the side of the palms appear to be the original gusset material, like they just cut them off the old gussets and stitched them back to the new gussets - I'm guessing that's not normal?)

I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this type of message, so please let me know if I need to remove it. Thanks for any input you all may have!

#57 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

is this bay area hockey repair?

#58 gsr027

gsr027

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

no, it was northern sports repairs. I'll be kicking myself pretty good if they are a known poor quality shop and I just didn't search the site enough to find any reviews before sending them out.

#59 Maratanator11

Maratanator11
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like sloppy/inexperienced work.  Not the worst I've seen or have recieved.

#60 pdw

pdw

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

so IS there an actual good spot to send gloves or is it just a total crapshoot and we're better off buying new ones