Photo

Help verifying authenticity of Oilers Reebok Edge 1.0 jersey

Edmonton Oilers jersey authentic Reebok Edge 1.0

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 leiter79

leiter79

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

I'm fairly new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes.

I'm hoping to verify that this jersey I picked up is in fact an authentic Edge 1.0.  Initially, I had absolutely no doubt.  I've been researching this on and off for about a year.  All of the indicators are there as far as I can see, and the quality of fabrics and construction surpasses both of my knock offs by so much that is not even in the same league.  Still, I bought it on eBay, and got a pretty damn good deal, do better to be safe. Here are pictures of some of the details that make me believe it IS authentic.

1) Hang tag seems to be correct from my research.  The Reebok word mark and NHL logos are both patches stitched onto the jersey, not embroidered directly to the fabric.

Attached File  tag-neck.jpg   56.6KB   0 downloads

Attached File  wordmark-patch.jpg   64.86KB   1 downloads

2) Reebok wordmark piping on the inner neck also seems authentic.

Attached File  wordmark-piping.jpg   67.12KB   1 downloads

3) Seam dividing the shoulder.

Attached File  shoulder.jpg   61.42KB   0 downloads

4) Fight strap

Attached File  fight-strap.jpg   65.39KB   1 downloads

7) Striping is a separate section with lines woven into the fabric, not sewn on.

Attached File  stripes.jpg   41.58KB   1 downloads

8) Hang tag

Attached File  tage-sleeve.jpg   85.3KB   2 downloads

More to follow in reply.

#2 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Looks real to me. Fight strap is legit. Reebok logo on the back of the next is how it should be, a patch sewn on and NOT directly sewn onto the jersey. I would say you're good to go. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#3 leiter79

leiter79

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Apparently I can't add any more files.  The last two details I was going to show is the crest, which is a patch zig zag stitched rather than embroidered directly and the bottom hem which has the correct shape.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure this is the real thing, just hoping to expunge any doubt.  A couple things that I'm unclear on, or confuse me a bit...

First, I thought Reebok didn't switch to the wordmark logo below the neck until the 2.0, and this is clearly a 1.0.  But then I thought that perhaps because Edmonton was one of the only teams that continued using the 1.0 after the release of the 2.0 maybe reebok replaced the vector logo on their 1.0's for consistency throughout the league.  If someone could shed some light on that detail, it would be appreciated!

Second.  I thought for sure this jersey would have a second reinforcement layer zig zag stitched on the elbows, but perhaps that came with the 2.0's.  Again if anyone knows an answer to that I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

#4 leiter79

leiter79

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

Looks real to me. Fight strap is legit. Reebok logo on the back of the next is how it should be, a patch sewn on and NOT directly sewn onto the jersey. I would say you're good to go. 

Thanks Wanz....pretty stoked on this jersey....first authentic for me.  The quality is insane as far as I'm concerned.  Even being a 1.0.  I think I got a pretty damn good deal too considering it was brand new.

#5 leiter79

leiter79

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

As a side note.  Anybody know how to get around this maximum size for image uploads?  I made these pretty darn small and still couldn't get the last 2 up

#6 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

As a side note.  Anybody know how to get around this maximum size for image uploads?  I made these pretty darn small and still couldn't get the last 2 up

Use photobucket or something, makes it easier posting the URL instead. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#7 - M

- M

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:00 AM

Looks like a legit team issue based on the fight strap attachment (sandwiched between two pieces of twill) and the lack of the inner neck tag.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#8 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:15 PM

I prefer the 1.0 to the 2.0, but great pickup!

#9 leiter79

leiter79

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for the input guys,

Yeah, I'm sure I'd prefer the 2.0 as well, but for $100 I felt like I couldn't pass it up.  I even went ahead and picked up one in the home color way for 200, so essentially I got both for what it would've cost me to get one 2.0.

#10 leiter79

leiter79

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

my only qualm is that the crest seems to be embroidered on a higher sheen material (which is fine) and slightly more delicate maybe?  The application of the embroidery seems like it may have "puckered" the fabric for lack of better words creating very fine wrinkles along the edges of some of the embroidery.

When I get the new jersey I'll post a bunch of picks of both on flickr and link the images, including some detailed close up of this.  Maybe get some more thoughts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Edmonton, Oilers, jersey, authentic, Reebok, Edge, 1.0