ProStockHockey.com

• Please log in to reply
3539 replies to this topic

#3221 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

My EK65 fanboy self is pleased!  :D

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#3222 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

Those went quick this morning. I'm sure those will go quick at the sharks sale as well.

#3223 RakCity67

RakCity67
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

lol three pairs of karlssons restocked now 

#3224 jgp799

jgp799
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:32 PM

lol three pairs of karlssons restocked now 

Same with Kovy's, assuming they can just order more, should they ever be Out of Stock!?

#3225 WARRIOR17

WARRIOR17
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

I don't consider them "crap gloves" (though MIC Franchise is still superior, IMO) but I'm just not in a position right now to spend the cash. :(

Sure that’s what I’m referring to that’s all. MIC>Overseas obv haha

#3226 WARRIOR17

WARRIOR17
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

I don't consider them "crap gloves" (though MIC Franchise is still superior, IMO) but I'm just not in a position right now to spend the cash. :(

Sure that’s what I’m referring to that’s all. MIC>Overseas obv haha

#3227 Kimo91

Kimo91

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

Larkin's mods looked very interesting.. have fun, whoever grabbed those

#3228 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

Y’all are really paying $189 USD + shipping and tax for gloves that they can order whenever they damn please but let MIC Warrior mitts priced at half that sit and rot in the marketplace. What a time to be alive.

#3229 Jhui

Jhui

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

indeed. marketing is everything

#3230 Hokie

Hokie
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Same with Kovy's, assuming they can just order more, should they ever be Out of Stock!?

Those are exactly what I picked up in the afternoon re-stock.

Y’all are really paying $189 USD + shipping and tax for gloves that they can order whenever they damn please but let MIC Warrior mitts priced at half that sit and rot in the marketplace. What a time to be alive.

Understandable.  But for me: I have enough MIC Franchises, wanted to try QRLs, don't have Kovy's, and I dig the colorway. 

#3231 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

I guess MIC gloves give players superpowers or something to boost their play, not sure why people have hard-ons for MIC gloves.

#3232 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:15 PM

I guess MIC gloves give players superpowers or something to boost their play, not sure why people have hard-ons for MIC gloves.

I believe that they're better quality though the overseas gloves have come a long way since the first pairs.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#3233 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Better quality... but for me it’s rarity. Back in the day If you wanted your favourite player’s mitts you’d either have to go to the team’s equipment sale or hope a pair popped up on sites like this. Warrior gloves were leaps and bounds ahead of every other brand back then and any nice pair of Warrior mitts posted got scooped up instantly because there was never the fear that some online store like PSH would get 30 pairs the week after.

Call me crazy but I like having stuff that no one else has. I definitely do like the QRL and newer models but am I going to pay that much money for a glove that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has? Hell naw. As soon as I see the quantity PSH has available and it’s anything higher than 1, I’m out. It looks like they’ve got smart though, clearly they’re putting 2-3 as the quantity available so people panic and buy them, and then they add more once those are gone.

If you’re cool with paying that much for gloves that 30 other members on this website have, power to you. But just know when they release 30 pairs of a glove you want more, the first pair you bought are going to be worth dick all because they’re easily attainable.

Just my 2 cents.

#3234 Jcantrell16

Jcantrell16
  • LocationNevada

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:07 PM

Better quality... but for me it’s rarity. Back in the day If you wanted your favourite player’s mitts you’d either have to go to the team’s equipment sale or hope a pair popped up on sites like this. Warrior gloves were leaps and bounds ahead of every other brand back then and any nice pair of Warrior mitts posted got scooped up instantly because there was never the fear that some online store like PSH would get 30 pairs the week after.

Call me crazy but I like having stuff that no one else has. I definitely do like the QRL and newer models but am I going to pay that much money for a glove that every Tom, Dick, and Harry has? Hell naw. As soon as I see the quantity PSH has available and it’s anything higher than 1, I’m out. It looks like they’ve got smart though, clearly they’re putting 2-3 as the quantity available so people panic and buy them, and then they add more once those are gone.

If you’re cool with paying that much for gloves that 30 other members on this website have, power to you. But just know when they release 30 pairs of a glove you want more, the first pair you bought are going to be worth dick all because they’re easily attainable.

Just my 2 cents.

I will agree with you on everything, especially with how PSH makes people panic with the low quantities, and i'm one of the suckers that fell for it. I pulled the trigger last night on the last pair of EK65 sharks mitts because i know for sure those will go fast at the sharks sale, come to find out they restocked 3 pairs this morning.

#3235 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:10 PM

Exactly. It’s cool having access to gloves like that, don’t get me wrong. It just doesn’t feel the same.

#3236 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Exactly. It’s cool having access to gloves like that, don’t get me wrong. It just doesn’t feel the same.

This.  Its actually taken away from eqm sales too, really sad

IG: Fooj Media

#3237 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

I'll always be a Made in Canada snob. The build quality, materials, and overall look are top notch. Paying those prices for overseas gloves feels like I'm paying old school pro-stock prices for what amounts to a glorified retail glove in many instances.

I've owned a few pairs of some of the better quality overseas gloves, and while they're certainly not BAD gloves, they don't compare to MIC in my opinion.

My hands know the difference. My eyes know the difference. And like KC said, they're almost certainly more rare.

Anybody who has been in this hobby for a long time knows why North American made gloves are great. (Warrior, Easton, etc.)

#3238 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:07 PM

I hope more and more people forget how nice Canadian made gloves are. Leaves more for me.

#3239 alexcrosby

alexcrosby

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:49 PM

I hope more and more people forget how nice Canadian made gloves are. Leaves more for me.

+1, 14N MIC 🇨🇦 Are the best

#3240 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

https://www.prostock...ille-predators/

All-leather Del Zotto Supremes.

Custom everything.