Trades - how you do it?

trade

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi,

How do you make trades here with people in Canada and US? What do you use to make it happens?

Thanks,

#2 Gbouds

Gbouds
  • LocationBoston

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

Trust in the members here on the forum is one of the biggest things this site has.

#3 ChrisMolnar

ChrisMolnar
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

You can either send the items to each other directly and hope they hold up their end of the deal, or send both the items to a reputable 3rd party and have them ship the items to the new owners.

#4 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

I don't trade unless it's with someone I trust or has a good reputation on the site. I never understand how people trade with the guys who's first post is a trade deal. I understand that most are good for it, but the 1% worries me enough to avoid it.

#5 Kevin52597

Kevin52597
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

I always check feedback, but once you start reading up on the forums you start to memorize some of the more active and trustworthy names

#6 DaleWeise22

DaleWeise22

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the info.

#7 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

I completed 2 trades recently. one with a fellow American and one with a Canadian. the trade with the fellow American went as smooth as could be.

the trade with the Canadian got messed up a little though. I received my gloves pretty quickly but his shipment was delayed between USPS and Canada Post despite the fact that I sent it Global Priority Mail. not only did it take a ridiculous amount of time to get there but once it did Canadian customs charged him customs fees. I'd never had that happen before sending USPS.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#8 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

If a memeber who has no, or very little, feedback I ask them to send first. If they are cool with that, then I send my item once I receive theirs. Done this several times with folks who are new to the site and never had a complaint.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#9 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

I don't trade unless it's with someone I trust or has a good reputation on the site. I never understand how people trade with the guys who's first post is a trade deal. I understand that most are good for it, but the 1% worries me enough to avoid it.

reputation is definitely key. 

I've done a few trades for people and it's worked out great. I just send the item and hope i get something in return lol!.

plus if someone does a trade with you and doesn't send you your stuff at least you have their address ;)

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#10 Moose

Moose

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:52 PM

Yeah exactly! I always ask for an email and phone number when I buy. That way you have as much info as possible.

#11 conlon17

conlon17
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

Memeber with less rep sends pictures of the box with gloves in it, a picture of the tracking number provided and a picture of it sealed before the memeber with less rep sends it... That's always how I did it...

#12 DD77

DD77
  • LocationNKY

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

If a memeber who has no, or very little, feedback I ask them to send first. If they are cool with that, then I send my item once I receive theirs. Done this several times with folks who are new to the site and never had a complaint.

He even sent back the cool box I used.

#13 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

He even sent back the cool box I used.

Lmao, that's right! Was that the Chinese Fortune Cookie box? If not, that's probably the most interesting box I've received.

#14 DD77

DD77
  • LocationNKY

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

Lmao, that's right! Was that the Chinese Fortune Cookie box? If not, that's probably the most interesting box I've received.

I think it was toilet paper actually. I like the fortune cookie thing though.

#15 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Yes! lol

#16 DD77

DD77
  • LocationNKY

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

Back on topic as Mincy and others have said, it's about trust but can sometimes be a crapshoot. I'm new to this forum but not others, so turds trying to rip people off is nothing new, nor is it specific to S2K only. Trust is something that often takes a great deal of time and specific acts to earn, but can be broken far more easily.

#17 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#18 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

:censored:

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trade