Photo

New Technology for sticks featured on Dragon's Den

pro stock hockey stick top end colt hockey

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hockeystickman

hockeystickman

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:20 PM

There is a company out of Toronto, ONT that is applying advanced aerospace technology to pro stock grade composite hockey sticks. 

They are making a pitch to Dragons' Den and will be on it tomorrow night at 8pm.  I'd like to know what you think of it!

Dragons' Den Sneak Peak -

site: www.colthockey.com   

Attached File  COLT on Dragons Den 4web.jpg   46.84KB   0 downloads

#2 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

I don't see how this qualifies as pro stock gear.
I also think people know about this company already.

Probably need to have this moved to the correct area.

#3 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

We had a whole topic on this last year.

For Sale:

#4 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

Old news, AND it sucks.

#5 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

I got two 1st gen. sticks to test for free because my shop thought about adding it to our product line. So I ordered 1x LH 75 flex Sakic for me and 1x RH 85 Sakic for my collegue. First impressions: heavy, not well balanced, felt cheap like a low-end stick, no grip. After a closer look I ended up getting 100flex Iginla LH and 75flex sakic RH. Even the design was just a sticker which could be removed easily...
First ice session, I changed to my normal sticks after 3 minutes. The blade felt weird, the stick vibrates like hell and there was that annoying metallic sound every time I touched the puck.
After all, I tried to crack it like in the video by hitting the post, didn't work. So, if you want a very long lasting stick, go for it. But that's the only positive thing of it.
Don't know if their Gen. 2 improved...
LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#6 OSnaps4

OSnaps4
  • LocationNot Canada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

I've been demoing a gen 1 on and off for a little bit now.

On a roadie to Vegas for a adult tourney me and a teammate got to talking and turns out he is one of the patent holders of this "aerospace" technology.

The stick is not bad, although feel on the gen 1 was not up to a high end stick the balance was not bad. I use sock 60 " sticks for the most part.

I liked what this company did market wise and how they released a gen 2 raw which left the blade uncoated.

I think they have potential if they keep doing what they are striving for.

#7 Hockeyguy92

Hockeyguy92

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

I have the COLT Gen 2 Raw and it feels amazing. It feels super lightweight and allows me to really put everything I have into my shot without having the worry of it breaking. I never tried a Gen 1 but have had it in my hands and you can feel the improvements in the Gen 2 just by holding it in your hands. Not sure if the regular COLT 2 would be much different as it has a coated blade, but I am very satisfied with my Raw and will be buying another if it were to break.

#8 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

I missed it on Dragon den.

Did they say anything about their current sales/evaluation?

Did they end up getting funded?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#9 BigDaws

BigDaws
  • LocationBelleville, ON

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

they got 500,000 for 49% i believe, they accepted it on the show but I'm sure i read somewhere they later turned it down. 

Tickle the twine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pro stock, hockey stick, top end, colt hockey