• LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

Numbers are

120 - Flex

T

E01737

V05

FC

It looks like a closed toe.  More of a gionta than a kreps.  I'll post pictures of the curve.  Curve is perfect

Can anyone suggest a similar curve but not 120 flex?

#2 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

kovalchuk pro, 90-95 flex

scheifele uses it, 87 flex

#3 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

I've heard his curve is close to the older model Kovalchuk pros, not the Kreps/Purcell style he uses now.

#4 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

Kovy's old curve started at the heel and then banged out at the toe. Like you said Burns' is more like a gionta from what I've seen. Scheifelle's curve is different now too. It's not as drastic as the original Kovy curve. It's way toned down and the blade shape is completely different. I would be interested in something similar to a Burns in a lighter flex.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#5 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

gallery_526_205_667916.jpg
gallery_526_205_268438.jpg

gallery_526_205_1854350.jpg

#6 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

Looks e28/krepish
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#7 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

I would love a scheifele vapor

#8 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

Zidlicky uses it too, I imagine that's how Burns got on it

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#9 Mrhockey

Mrhockey

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

I would love a scheifele vapor

Goldberg21 has a few

#10 Kadams29

Kadams29
  • LocationBuffalo NY

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

Looks almost like a p88 too with more jam in the toe. Id rock it.

#11 ragingbull

ragingbull

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

Looks like a W71 from Warrior.

#12 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

A lot of game images I've seen of Burns make me think it's a Gionta. It's a little hard to tell from those pictures if it isn't a little deeper, closer to an E28 curve, but the blade face looks Gionta.

I'd almost bet $1000 it's a Gionta profile from this picture in particular:

Looking at the lie shape, it's got that shaved portion at the heel where the Gionta starts lower than an E4/Warrior Smyth, but looks flatter along the second half of the blade where the Gionta's just a shade higher.

MacKinnon seems to change his pattern up a little more frequently. But I've wondered if they were using the same pattern last season...see this one on eBay. MacKinnon looks like he's got a little more toe rocker and maybe a longer blade now.

For lefties, Fabbri looks close and uses a whippy flex, with 1 left in stock of each flex they have at PSH right now: https://www.prostock...-70-flex-stick/

#13 Xtra

Xtra
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:08 PM

Fabbri’s curve and blade reminds me of Malkin’s older curves that he used while he rocked the Easton sticks. Wonder if it’s a clone.

#14 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

A lot of game images I've seen of Burns make me think it's a Gionta. It's a little hard to tell from those pictures if it isn't a little deeper, closer to an E28 curve, but the blade face looks Gionta.

I'd almost bet $1000 it's a Gionta profile from this picture in particular:

Looking at the lie shape, it's got that shaved portion at the heel where the Gionta starts lower than an E4/Warrior Smyth, but looks flatter along the second half of the blade where the Gionta's just a shade higher.

MacKinnon seems to change his pattern up a little more frequently. But I've wondered if they were using the same pattern last season...see this one on eBay. MacKinnon looks like he's got a little more toe rocker and maybe a longer blade now.

For lefties, Fabbri looks close and uses a whippy flex, with 1 left in stock of each flex they have at PSH right now: https://www.prostock...-70-flex-stick/

It is a gionta

Great curve when warrior was making it shame they don’t anymore

#15 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:36 AM

Fabbri’s curve and blade reminds me of Malkin’s older curves that he used while he rocked the Easton sticks. Wonder if it’s a clone.

Malkin’s blades are often quite close to a Gionta. I have one of his Easton patterns where it just goes the other way on the lie/rocker: it’s a little higher than the E4 at the heel whereas the Gionta’s a little lower there. Also, the difference between toe curve and heel curve on a lot of Malkin’s patterns I’ve seen pop up is more extreme than the Gionta. Fabbri’s blade shape and curve are more Gionta than Malkin in my opinion.