Photo

How to fix goalie stick?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

Can this be fixed? I broke this poor guy's stick when I was playing emergency goalie in pickup. I hated just about every minute of it, was a horrible goalie, and paid for it in phsyio today as my quads have never been so tight. Additionally, this poor guy is now stick-less, so I want to fix this:

9ECB3770-9313-4A01-96C4-CCD4B1AD862F_zps

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#2 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

That stick looks ancient! I feel like you'd be better off spending money on a cheap  goalie stick than trying to fix that. Looks like that guy is due for an upgrade anyway....

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#3 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

That's exact same thing the guy said on the other message board. My response,

"I would feel same if one of my garbage/ "lent to a new guy" sticks got broken (I have a bunch of player sticks, and like 5 used backups that are just collecting dust that I lend to "the new guy" when we get a new guy who just landed and who has not had his gear arrive yet). Problem is, we are overseas in a country where gear is expensive, and this guy does not have a backup stick. When this stick broke (the guy who lent it was not there), and I showed it to the guys, they were like, "That stick is a piece, can't possibly be his main stick," and so we all assumed that this was the guy's backup stick. Tragically, not the case, so trying to get this guy back on the ice ASAP with a proper stick."

#4 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

As a former goalie I can tell you that nothing you do can fix it properly. The only way is to put some graphite layer on it but it'll get a lot heavier because of the glue. And it's a lot of work...
I need to have a look, but I think we have some older Itech or Fischer wooden goal sticks for about 20€. Need to look for shipping too...
LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#5 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

As a former goalie I can tell you that nothing you do can fix it properly. The only way is to put some graphite layer on it but it'll get a lot heavier because of the glue. And it's a lot of work...
I need to have a look, but I think we have some older Itech or Fischer wooden goal sticks for about 20€. Need to look for shipping too...

Thanks man. Shipping will be to Jakarta, Indonesia- and if there is not much difference in shipping for 1, 2, or 3 sticks, then I may just buy a few so we are good to go in these future emergency situations. I just hope someone else steps up to play goalie, I was watching the clock the way I used to do in 8th grade English class when we were reading the most boring books ever written. I used to enjoy playing goalie in street hockey like 30 years ago, but this really was unpleasant playing ice goalie in the gear, and the static squatting- ugh- it felt like I was in the gym.

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

sad to say, that stick may have seen its heyday now.   Once the paddle breaks like that, theres no real going back to an original phase.

theres a graphite "tape" sold where you can wrap it and strengthen it.  However, its not going to be enough for this.   I'm sorry man.   

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#7 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

sad to say, that stick may have seen its heyday now.   Once the paddle breaks like that, theres no real going back to an original phase.

theres a graphite "tape" sold where you can wrap it and strengthen it.  However, its not going to be enough for this.   I'm sorry man.   

Where can I buy this graphite tape of which you speak? Not thinking it will be of use for this, but for dinged player blades it might be of use.

#8 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

http://www.amazon.co...3351899-2255754

#9 Goflyers28

Goflyers28
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

Can someone get rid of this Ronald guy?
MESSAGE ME IF YOU HAVE GOALIE GEAR FOR SALE. ESPECIALLY PRO RETURN!

#10 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

Ronald?