Photo

C/A HELP and QUESTIONS!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Putting this one up for those of us who can sometimes have repair, adjustment or questions or seeking advice when looking for a new C/A

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#2 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:47 PM

Also, i'm using a Brian's M-Series C/A

But i find the belly area a little too short for my taste, other than that this thing is a tank.

Any bauer users in here? and how are the bauer C/As?  Are they mobile and very protective?  i hear those have an extendable belly protection which is totally where i'm interested

#3 DiesILL

DiesILL
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

I was wearing a bauer pro ca for a bit... It was a great ca with plenty of protection and mobility. Good coverage and extended over the belly fine. I tuck my ca so sometimes having a chesty that goes to far down isn't great either but with adjustability it all works out. I found the only weak area to be was the bicept protection, which I ended up modifying with extra armour. I end up doing it to all my chestys to have more "wrap" around the bicept area. I'm almost never satisfied with what comes of the shelf especially with ca's...

#4 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:13 PM

Yeah i feel the same way, i added some gel to my bicep pads on my Brian's but the length at the belly is what kills it for me.

Right now i'm looking at the Bauer Reactor and the Pro, and a Brown 2100 although the chest plate on the 2100 is a little HUGE for my taste

#5 DiesILL

DiesILL
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

If take the pro out of those choices... But it's a preference type thing anyways. Mod the bicept area and you love it.

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

good call, i'll swing over to the pro unless somehow i get a killer deal on the reactor

#7 MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup
  • LocationSt. Albert, AB, Canada

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

I have a one95 SR Small. In the last year I found most units in a small have the perfect length in the arms for me, but found most really short in the belly. For some reason the bauer one95 small is substantially longer in the stomach than anything else I have ever used. Great unit all around I find. Going to upgrade to the NXG when I get mine sold. 

I had a passau senior small, and it was great , just a tad short in the stomach. Overall it was the best collaboration of mobility and protection. Just short in the stomach. But a medium was too big in the arms and shoulders/neck area for me. 

The vision 9500 sr small was great, mobility wise. But I found out pretty quick in JR B tryouts that anything in the upper chest/neck/collarbone area transferred right through to my body (impact/force wise). This unit was fine in length, although.

The Mckenney 870 sr small chest protector that I had was honestly the perfect size along side great range of motion and mobility. It made me look very big in the chest area, belly came down to the perfect length as well. It was lacking in protection and beefy-ness although. But I figure a brand new one would be a great chesty all around.

Hope that gives some insight. 

Looking for the following..

Any Mathieu Perreault Gear

Size Small Navy 9k Shells

Any Smaller Jets/Moose Gear

13" Navy Base Gloves

#8 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

sounds like you're a small arm medium body?

i do see a lot of goalies mix up their C/A like that.