Photo

Bauer Speed Plates (Insoles)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:32 PM

A dude I skate with got a new pair of 1x skates. He told me he switched the liners out for his com insoles without even trying the speed plates. I asked if I could take them off his hands, and he said sure. I molded them this morning and skated with them a few hours ago. Let me just tell you, I have never felt more comfortable in ANY pair of skates before tonight. They are by far the most comfortable insoles I have ever used. You wouldn't think it because of how stiff they are, but they mold to your foot so well, it felt like a pair of professionally made custom insoles. On top of that, not only did my feet feel like they were on clouds, but my skates felt so so much more responsive. I can't even explain. It took a couple of minutes to get used to them but afterward I felt like I was using my edges much more efficiently.

I don't know who else has used these, but if you have not yet tried them, give them a shot. I don't see myself ever using a different insole. Bauer hit a home run with these bad boys.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#2 - M

- M

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

I skated on these and didn't like them at all.  I went back to my custom Graf Sidas and haven't had any fit issues since.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#3 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:17 AM

So strange.

#4 Butter88

Butter88

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

same here but I put the plates in the oven again and they feel better now but I wouldn't say great

#5 t6lock

t6lock
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

Do they sell them without skates?

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

they sell them without skates for 50 bucks

any skate you use, dont matter, if you want new good fit footbeds, get these fucking things.

The rep told me to use my nexus 8000 without the Speed plates for three weeks, it was a great fit, comfy but awful on the bottom of my feet since i dont bake skates

then he told me to put in the speed plates,  it was like night and day, such a comfortable fit, almost as custom as you can get without going custom

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#7 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

Sucks Bauer pushed back the sale of them separately until 2016.

#8 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

any skate you use, dont matter, if you want new good fit footbeds, get these fucking things.

No joke! I wear them with vapor 7.0's, and they feel amazing. I'm sure they will do the same no matter what skate I'm in. At least now I know I'm not crazy. Haha!

#9 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

I tried the speed plates out for the first time last night. Was really hoping I wasn't in for an hour and a half of pain. I wasn't at all. First impression was definitely good, and better than I expected.

#10 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

Could you really feel it centering you over your nose and providing more support? Or was it more just a comfort thing?

#11 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Both 100%. I normally would always feel like I am favoring my inside edges even when I was trying not to while gliding. I felt much more centered with these right off the bat. That's why it took a few minutes to get comfortable I think. You can really feel how much more of your foot is in contact with the footbed. Not only that but my heel was much more stable as well. It s really locked in tight.

#12 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:01 AM

My skates feel like a part of me for once, not just an extension with negative space that sucks.  Its amazing the change and effect these footbeds do for you. 

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#13 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:17 PM

Hopefully they release em before that. I would like to try a pair just hearing about them. I got the superfeets and they worked perfectly in my Graf's but they give me a bit of foot pain in my Bauers. So I'm looking for an alternative if it keeps up. For those who have used them and superfeet in Bauers, hows the difference in feel? I know everyones foot is different but it would still help.

HK #17

Feedback

#14 BryLech22

BryLech22

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

Bumping an older thread since I'm sure people have used 'em more and have gotten a better feel for them.

I used them for the first time myself tonight instead of my SuperFeet and I won't be getting rid of these anytime soon. The Speed Plates were awesome! Wicked comfortable. Was wearing 7.0s as well.

#15 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

Just got a pair of these, baked them and used them tonight, very impressed.

Nick is correct, right off the bat I felt more 'contact' with the footbed, the footbed felt solid and almost like an extension of the boot.

I think I need to rename them and do each insole one at a time. I baked them both and laced up, doing the left skate first and the left heel felt really dialed into the boot whereas I didn't have that same feeling with the right.

Also have to agree with the footbeds making me feel centered over my blades as well. I also have some issues with the arch in my right foot and it was non existant with the speed plates.

Really impressive first outing with these, going to try them again and then probably rebake them. Highly recommend if you can find a set trying the speed plates.

*Just a note, I was using the footbeds In APX skates.

#16 TML_FAN

TML_FAN
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

I have the 1x's, love the skate. Didn't even try the speed plate's...went to superfeet right away..no complaints.

#17 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:20 PM

I have the 1x's, love the skate. Didn't even try the speed plate's...went to superfeet right away..no complaints.

I'd give them a try if you have them, it's a totally different feel than superfeet.

#18 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:56 PM

It's completely different than superfeet, or any other insole on the market for that matter. Trust me I've tried them all. Superfeet, graf sidas, ccm low,mid, and high (haha) and stock footbeds. I have tried them all. I have always been somewhat uncomfortable. Nothing has ever come close to how these feel. For me at least.

Oh and Frank, definitely bake them one at a time. I contacted my Bauer rep after getting mine to ask about the process. You bake one for I believe a minute and a half, pull it out, wait ten seconds or so, then insert the footbed. Put your foot in, and lace up. Let it cool for about 5 minutes or so and repeat with the other foot. VoilĂ . Custom footbeds!

#19 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Superfeet are the only insoles that do something to your foot as far as over the counter insoles go for skates. Everything else is just a rivet cover. They currently have 77 patens on their product which is why you will never see anything like Superfeet made, people have tried and have failed.

The reason why your foot feels so comfortable in the Speedplate is because it's filling the space of a 2D bottom, your foot is fully collapsed if you molded it properly which is a timely process (the heating up time & standing up) but when skating you don't want that pronation or supination in your skate. Bauer has gone on record saying it is just a rivet cover pretty much there's no science or anything like that behind it BUT it places more of your foot "on the skate" (the collapse of your foot) which gives you that comfort. As far as performance AND comfort go Superfeet pretty much have it down, there is a reason they were in Bauer skates back in the day!

There's also a reason why they are only available in the new top end skate for Bauer (for now, duh) and why they're not available for purchase till later, but that's for another day. 

Just some insight to why you feel that way with the Speedplate :). Glad you love em!

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#20 mjpisat

mjpisat

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

Can u bake speed plate in home oven?