Photo

VinnyD the con artist. Don't trust him!

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

So I was recently in a deal to do a trade with vinnyD who is a newer member to this group. He seemed like a stand up guy and very honest, well little did I know he was a con artist. We agreed to terms on a trade and said he would ship said package when I shipped mine. Well as soon as he received tracking info he excommunicated himself from me and deleted all his messages to me in our feed. Basically I wasn't able to get my package out of USPS to be returned to me and I'm not receiving anything from him in this trade. I am a father to two special autistic children who the state of Colorado and Cigna insurance will not cover because they have developmental delays so the money I make goes towards helping to pay for their therapies. I'm not a rich man but I do have a lot of pride in the fact that I can take care of my children and wife. With that being said thank you vinnyd for screwing me because it's very hard to have extra cash to pay for anything really. All S2K members. Avoid this guy like the plague and don't do any deals with him as he is a snake in the grass. Hope you feel good about yourself you little punk!!

#2 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

don't trade with new members, no matter how honest they may seem. 

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#3 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

Well I'm aware of that now. Didn't think it would turn out like this.

#4 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

Happens to most on here eventually. I always take extra precautions now with new members and the type of deals I do with them. 

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#5 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

Thats terrible AVEM7, karma is a bitch and he will get his someday.

BTW this guy wanted to trade as well, i didn't want what he was offering and i mentioned nxg gloves and he said he had some. i asked for pics and he hasn't responded since :dunno:   

#6 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

He had what I wanted and had pics. I guess I just got fucked. Man I can't stand people sometime.

#7 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

Im having the same issue with him sent him a package, he gave me a tracking number never ever updated. My stuff is gonna be delivered to him soon :(
Seemed like such a legit guy

#8 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

I remember awhile ago, there was a thread discussing how to go about trading with new members. Someone mentioned having the new guy send the stuff out first so the more established member can receive it, look it over, and then send out their stuff after they insure everything is legit. Or at least have them send some money to cover yourself if something shady is up, then return the funds when everything checks out. If a new member doesn't want to do that, then I would avoid them for my own sake.

That being said, I avoid trades and sending funds as gift unless I've formed a good relationship with the person. Always look out for your interest.

#9 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

I totally agree steelnation. I have only had good experiences with people so I guess some fault of my own as well

#10 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

What is his address?

It could potentiolly worth a trip to his place if another member lives close to him?

That super exrra sucks tho...

#11 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

I have his address saved if an laval Quebec members would like to pay him a visit and kneecap him for me!

#12 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

Damn, I'm glad I didn't trade with this guy. We had a trade set up: my Chicago WC pants & gloves for his 1X skates. However, I knew I couldn't trust him, so I told him:

a.) Send me a deposit for the full amount, then I'll ship and refund the deposit once I get the skates

or

b.) Send the skates first, then I'll send my pants/gloves out shortly after

or

c.) Cash plus a pair of old gloves on top.

After I mentioned the above, his communications dropped off. I had a feeling that I just couldn't trust this guy and it appears my instinct was right. I'm sorry you got burned man, hopefully this will stop him from ever doing it again.

#13 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

Another member sent me his address

Ill see if the local Laval police dept can do something

#14 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

seems like he is using an email as Vincent deslaurier and david donato...

#15 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

Yeah he's using both. Ps Canadian post can't help me either.

#16 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

Look guys, I'M not too far away from him.

Vincent Deslauriers told me about a week ago that he didn't have access to sports2k nor his email address last wednesday because it got stolen from him ?e dealt with Is it true or not, can't tell you, but i've dealt in person with Vincent Deslauries a couple of times and NEVER had any problem.

SO i'll try and talk to him, see what's up with all that crap

#17 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

I guess I have been burned too. Sent a pair of pants his way for a pair of gloves. I had a laval address under David donato. I will now never trade with anyone that I have not dealt with before. Sucks getting burned like that but I guess it took a pair of pants for me to learn the lesson. Here is the address I had

David Donato, 1900 boulevard du Souvenir, apt. 1002, Laval, h7n0b9, Quebec, Canada

#18 court31sierra

court31sierra

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

same address I mailed stuff to

#19 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

Yup that's the same one I did too. Let's all just fly out there and jump him lol

#20 AVEM7

AVEM7

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

Look guys, I'M not too far away from him.

Vincent Deslauriers told me about a week ago that he didn't have access to sports2k nor his email address last wednesday because it got stolen from him ?e dealt with Is it true or not, can't tell you, but i've dealt in person with Vincent Deslauries a couple of times and NEVER had any problem.

SO i'll try and talk to him, see what's up with all that crap

We would all actually greatly appreciate that and I'm sure I'm speaking for all of us. My stuff will be coming from Fort Collins Colorado and it's an entire islanders set. 2 pair of gloves pants and socks. All reebok and CCM.