Photo

ADIDAS lands NHL jersey contract

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

Bettman on ads on #NHL jerseys: “We certainly won’t be the first [League]. And you’d have to drag me kicking and screaming.”

WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#22 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

I wonder if this marks the end of Canadian made jerseys. Game, practice or otherwise.

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#23 Adam

Adam

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:05 AM

Too many people seem to be under the impression that because Adidas is the new supplier they're in charge of ads on jerseys. Two totally different ball games. Since Adidas is the parent company of reebok I'd wager all changes be minimal except for the off ice speedwicks/hoodies at least from what I've been told

#24 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

med_gallery_1145_895_67706.jpg
med_gallery_1145_895_111219.jpg

http://news.sportslo...ops-up-on-ebay/

I really hope they aren't really going to screen crests and player numbers/names on the new practice jerseys like this suggests.

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#25 PittFan8

PittFan8
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

Oh god... I'll stick to collecting 3.0's

#26 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

I think they will be great minus the names and numbers on the back. They have a euro look and feel to the jerseys, but I bet they will be so much lighter and breathable than the reebok 3.0s.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#27 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

I think they will be great minus the names and numbers on the back. They have a euro look and feel to the jerseys, but I bet they will be so much lighter and breathable than the reebok 3.0s.

If they are anything like the WCH jerseys which that is based off... they won't be lighter and more breathable. IIRC that practice jersey was an Indonesian Made sample, but had significant differences to what the final designs will be.

#28 AussieCanuckHockeyLover

AussieCanuckHockeyLover

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

I think one of the biggest changes will be the Fanatics logo on all replica jerseys, and the Adidas logo on authentic jerseys. I doubt they will change the actual team jerseys much, aside from not allowing third jerseys

#29 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

Curious to see how authentic the authentic jerseys will be. More indo-Edge garbage?

#30 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

I wonder if this marks the end of Canadian made jerseys. Game, practice or otherwise.

No.

med_gallery_1145_895_67706.jpg
med_gallery_1145_895_111219.jpg

http://news.sportslo...ops-up-on-ebay/

I really hope they aren't really going to screen crests and player numbers/names on the new practice jerseys like this suggests.

That is a fake practice jersey.  The new practice jerseys coming will have a completely sublimated front panel with logo. If there is anything sewn onto the jerseys, it will be via sponsor logos and any names/numbers that the team decides to add.

Oh god... I'll stick to collecting 3.0's

Get them while they exist...  It's my understanding that Adidas will eliminate them.

I think one of the biggest changes will be the Fanatics logo on all replica jerseys, and the Adidas logo on authentic jerseys. I doubt they will change the actual team jerseys much, aside from not allowing third jerseys

It's not that they're not allowing third jerseys, they are taking a year off from making them.

Curious to see how authentic the authentic jerseys will be. More indo-Edge garbage?

Adidas will decide whether or not they sell any authentic jerseys to retailers. All of Fanatics product is said to be replica.

#threadcloser

#31 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Thank so for the info! Disappointing to hear that the practice jerseys will be sublimated.

#32 jordanm

jordanm
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

I am more worried that adidias is eliminating 3.0 practice jersey. Hopefully teams make available their current stock.

MIC Franchise gloves for sale? PM me!
@myfriendmonty

https://www.instagra...m/jordanmoffat/

#33 sgmccaskey

sgmccaskey

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:21 AM

No.

That is a fake practice jersey.  The new practice jerseys coming will have a completely sublimated front panel with logo. If there is anything sewn onto the jerseys, it will be via sponsor logos and any names/numbers that the team decides to add.

Get them while they exist...  It's my understanding that Adidas will eliminate them.

It's not that they're not allowing third jerseys, they are taking a year off from making them.

Adidas will decide whether or not they sell any authentic jerseys to retailers. All of Fanatics product is said to be replica.

As far as the practice jerseys go are the teams going to have to switch to new Adidas ones or will we see them still using Reeboks because there where definitely teams (New Jersey) that where still using old Jofa's during the Reebok transition and some teams even mixed game jerseys when the back neck tag switched from the Reebok vector symbol to the text Reebok that currently on the jerseys now.

#34 AussieCanuckHockeyLover

AussieCanuckHockeyLover

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

Word is the new Adidas jerseys will be unveiled for each team during the 2017 draft

https://www.hockeyfe...iforms/?ref=seb

Still no thirds, and Minnesota will be switching over to a complete green jersey as their primary.

#35 sgmccaskey

sgmccaskey

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

Anyone know what time the jerseys are being unveiled? 

#36 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

I believe 8PM Eastern Time

#37 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

All home jerseys leaked here.... https://twitter.com/...312796181929984

#38 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

and the Caps keep the stupid piping where everyone else who had it dropped it.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#39 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:51 PM

And Vancouver pretty much just said, nah, we don't care, Adidas, do whatever you want with them, our fans don't care anyway, they love our current jersey. Kinda like how they're building their team right now. So pathetic.

#40 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

Glad the Blues did it right. 

Nashville is bland, big swing and a miss. 

Vegas is unique, and different. I'd like to see them on ice to make full judgement, but the look a little too IIHF in the immediate. They had a model with white gloves/gold fingers that could be interesting

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.